Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 11-08-2019, 08:23 AM
Newbie ;)

Question Deep Sleep During Meditation

Hi Friends,
I am practicing Meditation (Concentrating breathing) since 4 months, while my meditation its look likes going every thing good. But my problems are

1) After 10-15 minutes I am getting deep sleep and unable to meditate. Even I am not concentrate with this deep sleep.

2) And some times I am feeling pressure in my Agya Chakra ( Third Eye Chakra) and feeling something crawling on my forehead.

Due to thins deep sleep I am not able to continue the meditation, Please can any one help me out.
Old 11-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi, are you getting enough sleep?
perhaps it may be that you have a sleep deficit that you need to catch up on and once you have rested enough... you will not have this problem?

also, are you eating any meat products? this may be something that is taxing your body and draining your ability to reach deep meditation?

not sure about your third eye chakra... perhaps you have a drain (on your energy) there that needs to heal
Old 11-08-2019, 10:40 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your reply @abrave and your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrave
Hi, are you getting enough sleep?
perhaps it may be that you have a sleep deficit that you need to catch up on and once you have rested enough... you will not have this problem?

I am getting very much quality of sleep, though I am not able to concentrating during meditation with this unbearable sleep

also, are you eating any meat products? this may be something that is taxing your body and draining your ability to reach deep meditation?

No, I am vegetarian

not sure about your third eye chakra... perhaps you have a drain (on your energy) there that needs to heal

Oh, Its okay

Again Thanks @abrave
Old 11-08-2019, 09:38 PM
Master

Hi Srinivas Gupta

Meditation can produce various effects in the physical body. These include spontaneous movements (sometimes called kriyas), physical sensations (particularly around the chakras) and sleepiness.

This may be due to energy blockages which prevent the energy from flowing freely, so pressures build up in those areas.

Regarding falling asleep, it may be that the combination of rhythmic breathing and mental focus is putting your body into a very relaxed state, so you naturally fall asleep. Or we may fall asleep because we have generated more energy than the body can comfortably handle, so the body temporarily shuts down.

What you are experiencing is quite natural and it should pass as you become more experienced at meditation.

Peace.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Hi Srinivas Gupta

Meditation can produce various effects in the physical body. These include spontaneous movements (sometimes called kriyas), physical sensations (particularly around the chakras) and sleepiness.

This may be due to energy blockages which prevent the energy from flowing freely, so pressures build up in those areas.

Regarding falling asleep, it may be that the combination of rhythmic breathing and mental focus is putting your body into a very relaxed state, so you naturally fall asleep. Or we may fall asleep because we have generated more energy than the body can comfortably handle, so the body temporarily shuts down.

What you are experiencing is quite natural and it should pass as you become more experienced at meditation.

Peace.

Thanks @iamthat
Old 12-08-2019, 09:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas Gupta
Hi Friends,
I am practicing Meditation (Concentrating breathing) since 4 months, while my meditation its look likes going every thing good. But my problems are

1) After 10-15 minutes I am getting deep sleep and unable to meditate. Even I am not concentrate with this deep sleep.

2) And some times I am feeling pressure in my Agya Chakra ( Third Eye Chakra) and feeling something crawling on my forehead.

Due to thins deep sleep I am not able to continue the meditation, Please can any one help me out.

Sleep isn't a problem. That's as deep as you can get in meditation. All you need to do is to train your mind to be aware at the point of sleep so you can experience what is happening during that time and retain the memories. If you don't train your mind to be aware during sleep there's more chance that you'll forget the experience altogether. Amen
Old 12-08-2019, 11:43 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas Gupta
Hi Friends,

Yes.
For a beginner concentrating on the breath can be so relaxing
and also boring.

The mind knows that you are 'placing it on a shelf'...and doesn't like that! So it makes you sleepy.

It's natural to fall asleep....that's why there are hard pews in churches...after hectic days
sitting listening to inspiring things, finally, can make you want to doze off...not a bad thing.

I say practice something else to ease into actual meditation, occupy the mind to trick it...like sit as usual...and fantasize...
visualize things you want to be...or a vacation on the beach and what it feels like...
think of the highest things yogis have ever said or done and how you can be those things, too...
dream of anything that interests you...could be imagining your next painting or musical composition.

I'm making things up...but anything that puts a smile on your face-- visualize.
This will prove to you that you CAN sit and not fall asleep, see?
And you'll get up energized, happy and smiling.

Next step, read the poetry of the Mystics in love with the Divine...
inspire yourself before each session...long to have these same experiences with God inside you.
Nothing inspires and wakes you up better than love.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-08-2019, 02:09 AM
Master
Sleep is meditations friend. You just need to train your brain to be aware when it's lights out so your conscious of what's happening within you and around you. Amen
Old 13-08-2019, 04:00 AM
Master

dumping the word ‘meditation’
simply have a burning yearning
for the divine love connection
by trustingly choosing aligning
our attention without cessation
with omniscience within vibrating

Old 16-08-2019, 04:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks @utopiandreamchild, @Miss Hepburn, @Unseeking Seeker, @abrave, @iamthat.

Thanks for all your suggestions and inputs. I am lucky finding this forums and great helping friends.