Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-06-2012, 07:31 AM
res

Has anyone signed you up to thier observation of divine law?

Hi All,

A few years back a Christian guy at work (really nice guy) and i got to talking about religion and beliefs. He went on to tell me about sin and that we must go to church and ask to absolved of our sins atleast weekly so that we can enter heaven. We debated back and forth a bit and he left me with a closing statement something to this effect. " Well now that you have been told the truth about it you must go and confess your sins as if you ignore what i have told you and dont ask for forgiveness you will not enter heaven".

As you may imagine this didnt sit quite right with me and i dont appreciate anyone signing me up to their observation just because they feel they have stumbled over some profound and divine truth.

I would be interested in hearing about your experiences where any religious or spiritual representative has imposed their beliefs on you as though they have found undeniable truth and claimed thier divine law applies to you also.
Old 17-06-2012, 07:59 PM
NekoTheCat

i have..
still a christian believer.. still a fanatic..
why would i be scared of hell? lol
i believe we are at least in the purgatory, so how bad can hell be?

at least once a week? ok, but arent those priests sick and tired of hearing how people are committing sins? do they feed off of these stuff?
i always wondered, but never had the courage to ask one, simply because i dint want to hear once more im going to hell -_-;;;;;
Old 18-06-2012, 01:33 AM
Knower

Hi Res,
Years ago I was accosted by a Jehovah's witness in MacDonalds who said basically the same. I had been told the truth and if I didn't comply, I was doomed.
My mother ,while she was alive , had accepted visits from them and I had "inherited" them ,unfortunately.
I had my then very young son with me and we were trying to eat our meal.
After she said this ,this woman stood there and wouldn't go.It seemed she was wanting an answer of compliance.
The only reason she didn't get a rude rebuke was because my son has a disability and gets upset easily.
Sheesh!
Old 18-06-2012, 02:23 AM
Sybilline

Many times, yes... Surprisingly, both by Christians, and Atheists (and etc).

When someone wants you to believe in what they believe in, their belief no longer matters. What's important to them is that you agree with them...
Old 18-06-2012, 07:32 AM
res

Hi Fairfre,

Yes i can relate to that. I myself used to have some long discussions with the jehovas that knocked on my door and i got to know some of them well enough to lend them books to read for a change . I lent them a copy of "The lost magic of Christianity" which explores the esoteric teachings that were lost to the general public when the church came in to power and the book came back pretty quickly i have to say.

They were very persistant in my taking on their point of view, only issue is that i had more knowledge of their base origins than they did. They kept bringing new blood to have a crack at breaking me until they ran out of heirachy and didnt return anymore. None of them could answer my question of how can i believe the accounts in the bible when there was so much water being turned to wine and alcohol impares our preception and judgement. We were never rude to each other and i do respect the message they are trying to convey, its just that i am not easily persuaded to take on others beliefs that are based on second third or fourth hand information.

Thanks for your experiences guys, this is interesting
Old 18-06-2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator
I Am a spiritulist and that doesnt sit comfortably with christians that i know.they all tell you they know they will enter heaven,and i wont because im evil,they are so fixed on what the bible says,its as though they suffer from tunnel vision,so i ask them how do you know whats written in the bible is true, this stumpd them because there is no proof whatsoever that man who wrote the bible,didnt change it to suit themselves. which is true,they ask mediums to prove their is life after death which you do from messages, from spirit,so u ask them to show proof that the bible is as it was generations ago, they cant,
but i speak to them but they know not to speak of religon to me. but they cant help themselves they always try, but they know they wont get anyway.

Namaste