Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 29-05-2018, 01:43 AM
Master
The Holy Spirit

The Holy Spirit was promised to us, and must then be within us right now. This puts the answers within us, though that answer is inextricably tied up with Jesus, and might be found in the bible.

Know thyself becomes listen to the Holy Spirit within, and if the message you hear is also recorded in the bible, you can be pretty sure this is truly the Holy Spirit.

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

What if this were exactly true, every bit of it, just waiting to be fully played out.
Old 29-05-2018, 05:35 AM
Master
This is the ultimate truth to me - “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

Living water fills the heart, and the Holy Spirit fills the mind. This is it.
Old 30-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
The Holy Spirit was promised to us, and must then be within us right now. This puts the answers within us, though that answer is inextricably tied up with Jesus, and might be found in the bible.

Know thyself becomes listen to the Holy Spirit within, and if the message you hear is also recorded in the bible, you can be pretty sure this is truly the Holy Spirit.

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, 17 even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

What if this were exactly true, every bit of it, just waiting to be fully played out.

I like that bible quote about the Holy Spirit.I was hoping this thread would get going.It seems we know more about satan than the Holy Spirit....he gets a lot more discussion here.

I will just throw my ideas out which is that the Holy Spirit is the Breath of God,It hasn't any Ideas or Messages to give us.It allows us to find our own Information within.....We breathe the same "Air" as God when the Spirit within is recognised.When it is recognised it grows, so we must look within for it.It may be waiting.....It is not easy to look within for most as we all have Emotions inside that we are afraid of so we tend to look "out".
Old 30-05-2018, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
I like that bible quote about the Holy Spirit.I was hoping this thread would get going.It seems we know more about satan than the Holy Spirit....he gets a lot more discussion here.

I will just throw my ideas out which is that the Holy Spirit is the Breath of God,It hasn't any Ideas or Messages to give us.It allows us to find our own Information within.....We breathe the same "Air" as God when the Spirit within is recognised.When it is recognised it grows, so we must look within for it.It may be waiting.....It is not easy to look within for most as we all have Emotions inside that we are afraid of so we tend to look "out".

Exactly, breath and spirit in Hebrew and Greek are the same word,

1 Breathe on me, breath of God:
fill me with life anew,
that I may love as you have loved
and do as you would do.

2 Breathe on me, breath of God,
until my heart is pure,
until my will is one with yours
to do and to endure.

3 Breathe on me, breath of God;
fulfil my heart's desire,
until this earthly part of me
glows with your heavenly fire.

4 Breathe on me, breath of God;
so shall I never die,
but live with you the perfect life
of your eternity.
Old 30-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Master
Quote:

Thankyou for responding Barry

Without meaning to be negative I think the Shadow/Satan side is within us seemingly by default, but the Holy Spirit is also there and trying to get us to rise above the negative side. The Holy Spirit side might indeed be masked by our painful emotions, which can be very deep and dark and thick, and also by our mental delusions. Winning through to the Holy Spirit is the fight of a lifetime, but ultimately the only point we really want to get to, the thing that keeps spurring us on. At least this is what I have found, and this whole bible perspective seems to be the best way I can find to explain what I have found.
Old 30-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
This is the ultimate truth to me - “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God."

Living water fills the heart, and the Holy Spirit fills the mind. This is it.

I love what you just posted.

I equate the "water" symbolically with the process of purification whereby one allows the Spirit within (The kingdom of God is within) to emerge.

Blessed are the pure of heart for that shall "see" God which, in my opinion, is tantamount to "entering the kingdom of God".

Very nice, concise, insightful post !
Old 30-05-2018, 04:05 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
I love what you just posted.

I equate the "water" symbolically with the process of purification whereby one allows the Spirit within (The kingdom of God is within) to emerge.

Blessed are the pure of heart for that shall "see" God which, in my opinion, is tantamount to "entering the kingdom of God".

Very nice, concise, insightful post !

Yes,water could be a symbol of purification.
Water is also used in baptism which I think is to purify,so the Holy Spirit cannot enter until one is pure.
We have to make our self(hearts) pure before the spirit can enter.Its up to us to make room for the Holy Spirit....

Anybody got any info on the descent of the spirit to the apostles and the results of this encounter on the apostles....did it change them?..I would think being around Jesus would have made them fairly pure of Heart..
Old 31-05-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes,water could be a symbol of purification.
Water is also used in baptism which I think is to purify,so the Holy Spirit cannot enter until one is pure.
We have to make our self(hearts) pure before the spirit can enter.Its up to us to make room for the Holy Spirit....

Anybody got any info on the descent of the spirit to the apostles and the results of this encounter on the apostles....did it change them?..I would think being around Jesus would have made them fairly pure of Heart..

I agree with you that many use the reference to water in conjunction with baptism, which I also think is symbolic of purification despite despite alternate interpretations that take the "water" directive literally.

Although I can't say exactly what happened on Pentecost with the "descent of the spirit to the Apostles", here's a link about Pentecost, which is considered to be the birthday of the Church since that's when the Apostles felt brave enough to go out and start preaching. There are references to Biblical passages that might be helpful to you. However, I'm sure that there are others here who are far more qualified than I to answer your questions on that particular subject.

https://oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthod...he-holy-spirit

EXCERPT:

The Holy Spirit that Christ had promised to his disciples came on the day of Pentecost (Jn 14.26, 15.26; Lk 24.49; Acts 1.5). The apostles received “the power from on high,” and they began to preach and bear witness to Jesus as the risen Christ, the King and the Lord. This moment has traditionally been called the birthday of the Church.
Old 31-05-2018, 05:49 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

https://oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthod...he-holy-spirit

EXCERPT:

The Holy Spirit that Christ had promised to his disciples came on the day of Pentecost (Jn 14.26, 15.26; Lk 24.49; Acts 1.5). The apostles received “the power from on high,” and they began to preach and bear witness to Jesus as the risen Christ, the King and the Lord. This moment has traditionally been called the birthday of the Church.

They were changed men and Mary too.
They went out and preached without fear and I believe some were killed as a result.
What changed them was not words from God but the breath of God.
I'm unsure why the Spirit manifested as tongues of Fire..more symbolism that I will ponder.
hmmm.. water,fire,spirit,...courage....Enlightenment???

Even after Witnessing the Miracles of Jesus and his Resurrection,It was the Holy Spirit that brought it all together for them.The Holy Spirit is so important for belief in God.
Jesus brought us the message of love so as to purify our self.
When the Self is pure,The Spirit will fill your being.
Jesus said through him we can get to the kingdom...Through his teachings we can be pure and then allow the spirit to descend and fill us.
Part 1.Jesus
Part 2.The Holy Spirit
Part 3.The Kingdom of Heaven.
Part 4.
Part 5.
Part 6.

fill in the blanks of 4 5 6 yourself as your Eternal Soul has found its way back to God from where it came from.
Old 31-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Master
Luke 3:21 When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as He was praying, heaven was opened, 22 and the Holy Spirit descended on Him in a bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”

Yes, it does seem like the Holy Spirit descending is the moment when something new begins. The doorway between heaven and earth first needs to be opened. And it also seems that it might be visible or audible to other people around you.

An absolute moment, a blessing direct from God.

Why fire indeed. To Moses God appeared in a burning bush, to the people at Pentecost as tongues of flame, but to Jesus a dove??? And at another time a "bright" cloud.

Matthew 17:5
While Peter was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Listen to Him!"

God appears less fiery the closer you are to him? Is the fire to burn away something, which had already been burnt away only in Jesus?