Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-04-2018, 03:09 PM
Master

God’s hatred

A lot is said about God’s love. It is the topic of the most well-known verse in the Bible.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 ESV

But how often have you heard anyone say anything about God’s hatred? Some people believe that God never hates anyone or anything because they believe all hatred is wrong and God never sins. Here is what the Bible says about that.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven . . . a time to love, and a time to hate.
Ecclesiates 3:1,8 ESV

When we hate our hatred is usually sinful because we seldom know when hatred is called for. (Our love can also be sinful. We love something that God has told us we shouldn’t love or we love one thing more than another when we should love the second thing more.) God always knows when it is the proper time to love or hate.

Here are some of the things God hates.

There are six things that the LORD hates,
seven that are an abomination to him:
haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
and hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked plans,
feet that make haste to run to evil,
a false witness who breathes out lies,
and one who sows discord among brothers.

Proverbs 6:16-19 ESV

We can summarize this by saying that God hates sin. That is bad news for us because all of us have sinned. God can’t simply overlook sin because it defiles his creation and he must remove it in order to restore creation to its original state of perfection.

Yet God loves humans because we were made in God’s image and he has made a way to remove our sin. He sent his son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die as a sacrifice to atone for our sins. Christ’s resurrection proves that God has accepted his sacrifice.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 ESV

If we respond to God’s love by repenting of our sins and placing our faith in Christ we will experience an eternity of happiness and fellowship with God. If we reject God’s love we become subject to God’s hate and can only look forward to an eternity of suffering in Hell.

The New Testament word translated Hell is Gehenna. This was the name of a valley outside of Jerusalem where the city’s garbage was taken to be burned. This illustrates the function of Hell. It is where all the moral garbage of creation is taken to be destroyed.

We deserve God’s hatred because of the way we live. His love arises from his nature and isn’t something we deserve.

In order to understand God we must be aware of both his love and his hatred. Some people think only of his love and this makes them believe that there is no danger that they will be judged for their sins. Others focus on his hatred of sin and this leads them to try to live a good enough life to appease it. Both of these errors will keep us from being forgiven and experiencing eternal life.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
A lot is said about God’s love. It is the topic of the most well-known verse in the Bible.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

But how often have you heard anyone say anything about God’s hatred? Some people believe that God never hates anyone or anything because they believe all hatred is wrong and God never sins. Here is what the Bible says about that.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven . . . a time to love, and a time to hate.

When we hate our hatred is usually sinful because we seldom know when hatred is called for. (Our love can also be sinful. We love something that God has told us we shouldn’t love or we love one thing more than another when we should love the second thing more.) God always knows when it is the proper time to love or hate.

We can summarize this by saying that God hates sin. That is bad news for us because all of us have sinned. God can’t simply overlook sin because it defiles his creation and he must remove it in order to restore creation to its original state of perfection.

Yet God loves humans because we were made in God’s image and he has made a way to remove our sin. He sent his son, Jesus Christ, to earth to die as a sacrifice to atone for our sins. Christ’s resurrection proves that God has accepted his sacrifice.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

If we respond to God’s love by repenting of our sins and placing our faith in Christ we will experience an eternity of happiness and fellowship with God. If we reject God’s love we become subject to God’s hate and can only look forward to an eternity of suffering in Hell.

The New Testament word translated Hell is Gehenna. This was the name of a valley outside of Jerusalem where the city’s garbage was taken to be burned. This illustrates the function of Hell. It is where all the moral garbage of creation is taken to be destroyed.

We deserve God’s hatred because of the way we live. His love arises from his nature and isn’t something we deserve.

In order to understand God we must be aware of both his love and his hatred. Some people think only of his love and this makes them believe that there is no danger that they will be judged for their sins. Others focus on his hatred of sin and this leads them to try to live a good enough life to appease it. Both of these errors will keep us from being forgiven and experiencing eternal life.

' Shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.'
He didn't die for my sins Theo...

'We deserve God’s hatred because of the way we live'
Best just to speak for yourself Theo rather than use WE. I don't deserve Gods hatred and I don't believe others do either.

'Our love can also be sinful'.
Again you use OUR love, mybe you feel YOUR love is sinful, but mine isn't.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
boshy b. good

We'd assume god can handle 'what we call hetrud,' what does that make
us, wholesome? heartsome? believers? triumphant? we might know why he does
that. if heaven does get angry for us, then jesus gave over the pardon to 'us
who likely that,' why, that's how the man wants it, wants it with by far authority
stamped too much, now, what god has in store be redemption..

Do I like this? nah, it's too much for me. can i handle that? nah, just Jesus.
do i think it's just me? nah, because believing be worth. be good, because
this is and be an bless, ok?
( )

Last edited by boshy b. good : 10-04-2018 at 09:23 PM.
Old 17-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Master
Quote:

Plain and simple. "God is love"! He loves. He hates certain behavior and activity...

We should think "favor", in comparison with love, then. Think?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 18-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' Shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.'
He didn't die for my sins Theo...

'We deserve God’s hatred because of the way we live'
Best just to speak for yourself Theo rather than use WE. I don't deserve Gods hatred and I don't believe others do either.

'Our love can also be sinful'.
Again you use OUR love, mybe you feel YOUR love is sinful, but mine isn't.
There is no difference between people. All of us have sinned and deserve God's wrath. He loves us and send Jesus to die for all of our sins. We must choose whether to accept this love or remain subject to his wrath.
Old 18-04-2018, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
There is no difference between people. All of us have sinned and deserve God's wrath. He loves us and send Jesus to die for all of our sins. We must choose whether to accept this love or remain subject to his wrath.

This is what you believe Theo but I don't. I don't deserve Gods wrath, I have never sinned and Jesus did not die to save me.

You have every right to believe this as I have the right to disbelieve it, ok.... When you post these so called teachings inspired by God i'ts best not to lablel everyone the same, they are your beliefs but not everyone elses.
Old 18-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Master

Quote:
When you post these so called teachings inspired by God i'ts best not to lablel everyone the same, they are your beliefs but not everyone elses.
These are not my beliefs, they are God's. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Old 18-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
These are not my beliefs, they are God's. Romans 3:23 says, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

The bible was written by man Theo, not God. They are the beliefs of man, how they interpret the world around them in times when they had no science to help them understand the universe.

If you believe you have sinned then that's your belief, but it's not mine ok.....
Old 18-04-2018, 05:12 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

sky

Quote:
You have every right to believe this as I have the right to disbelieve it, ok.... When you post these so called teachings inspired by God i'ts best not to lablel everyone the same, they are your beliefs but not everyone elses.

Sky. If I may interject, I would like to share with you some things. I apologize as a fellow christian for Theo on insulting you. That is never the goal and you do not deserve to be treated in such a way. I do not believe it was Theo's intention on doing such a thing, but I cannot speak for his ego, but only as a fellow christian. I pay homage to your light and as a fellow seeker of the kingdom of light, I hope you will at least hear out what I would like to share with you.

As a great wise man, you, like all of gods children must know of the values that we know as virtues. I would like to provide with you a interpretation that might better work for you.

Remember that many find light in the word that you know as Jesus, just as many find happiness whenever one spreads a positive word such as when your dear one tells you how much they love you. You say that the bible was made by man, but you must remember that not all men are equal in the eyes of the lord or I would dare say even within your eyes! Surely, you would agree that some men are more knowledgeable than others, some are more stronger, and some are more quicker. God that we pay our homage to represents that of holy white light, which represents the forces of all that is good. Jesus is the symbol of sacrifice. For Jesus the lord, died not in vain, but for our sin. No matter what karma we may inherit from our actions and misdeeds, if we come to Jesus and accept his teachings wholeheartedly, he will forgive us for our mistakes because he is a God of love, sacrifice, and of the light who died for our sins.

In the movie Armageddon, the main character is forced to sacrifice his live to save the live of everyone on the planet by blowing up the astroid. Everyone on that planet, regardless if they are ignorant or not, owe that man their life, because of his sacrifice, they dodged a horrible fate. Every child that is born from that point on, every person that was living in that moment, inherits that gift due to that moment in time. Jesus represents that man for our reality, and that astroid represents sin, a negative polarity of what we know as evil. Jesus took a human form and went through this ordeal in order to save any who accept them within his heart. Anytime we think of a 'evil' or hateful thought, you are sinning against love, because it is the opposite force of what love represents and is the teaching of what I believe Theo is a alluding to. God, or light, negates evil. Evil, or darkness, negates light. Although many higher level concepts can exist, everything can be broken down into a simplistic dualistic property. Atoms themselves are built upon this property of protons - positive polarity, electrons - negative polarity, and protons - a force that hasn't taken either charge yet.

When you join a company and work for that company, you become apart of it and represent its ego or identity. When you join a movement, you become apart of it no differently. This is done at your spiritual level. Many of glasses forming into a vast ocean. The glass representing the physical, and the water inside it representing your spirit. When you curse someone or spread hatred, your spirit inherits those properties. We call these impurities. You must ask for forgiveness, the spirit of light vs. resenting the opposite polarity of darkness.

One final thing, like many veterans who salute all the fallen heros who died to provide us liberty, love, and freedom against tyranny, so to do Christians rightfully take pride in our Lord and we worship him because we owe everything to him. I, and many others, also salute and pay love and respect for all mortals who paid their lives no differently. Worship is paying your honor towards the great beings, known as deities, who watch over all within their domains.
Old 18-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathanrs
Sky.

In the movie Armageddon, the main character is forced to sacrifice his live to save the live of everyone on the planet by blowing up the astroid. Everyone on that planet, regardless if they are ignorant or not, owe that man their life, because of his sacrifice, they dodged a horrible fate. Jesus represents that man, and the astroid represents sin, a negative polarity of what we know as evil. Anytime we think of a 'evil' or hateful thought, you are sinning against love, because it is the opposite force of what love represents and is the teaching of what I believe Theo is a alluding to. God, or light, negates evil. Evil, or darkness, negates light. Although many higher level concepts can exist, everything can be broken down into a simplistic dualistic property. Atoms themselves are built upon this property of protons - positive polarity, electrons - negative polarity, and protons - a force that hasn't taken either charge yet.

When I read or hear of something like the above I do worry, especially for my grandchildren. I really do want them to grow up in a world where reason rules - common sense would do. As I have always understood in the years when I was a Bible reader, to die, (dodging a horrible fate in this case), was the quickest way to get to heaven (or hell, if you believe that)- I can never understand why Christians have anything against death - what's the problem?

And who are these ignorant people I wonder? Are they the ones who watch silly Hollywood films and walk out without having perceived the truth Hollywood sells - whatever that might be?

As far as I can see an asteroid hitting the Earth would be no more a painful death than burning in a shower of Napalm, choking on poisoned gas, being eaten by a crocodile and so on. Presumably the Flood was also a horrible fate and presumably by some twisted reasoning those poor 'souls' deserved it. Noah's direct offspring then started the human race off again by copulating with their brothers and sisters. This apparently is not 'sinning'. Unless 'God' changed the rules afterwards.

Anyway, I'm getting on now in years so my tendencies to 'sin' are becoming fewer. It's pretty obvious to me that this is due to my body no longer making those chemicals I used to have in sufficient quantity so that I was filled with passion, desire, lust, excitement, physicality and so on. All things that I miss today (but can live without quite happily).