Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-07-2018, 06:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
Are there actions or behavior we should be ashamed of, sky, and, repent of? There are similarities between faiths in certain ways, but Christianity is unique, with respect to the Messianic prophesies, especially involving that of atonement. Something which The Lord initiated very long ago, after the Law was given through Moses.

No you should never be ashamed of your actions. Shame is a negative emotion which leads to negative thoughts which get you nowhere.
The feeling of shame comes from the belief that, “I am flawed, inadequate, wrong, bad, unimportant, undeserving etc: Where does that type of belief come from? It comes from outside influences. I am personally responsible for my own actions and because I am human I am capable of inappropriate actions, I do not need anyone to try and make me feel shame, what I need to do is learn from my mistakes so I don't repeat these actions again, and whenever possible put right my wrongs.
Old 05-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No you should never be ashamed of your actions. Shame is a negative emotion which leads to negative thoughts which get you nowhere.
The feeling of shame comes from the belief that, “I am flawed, inadequate, wrong, bad, unimportant, undeserving etc: Where does that type of belief come from? It comes from outside influences. I am personally responsible for my own actions and because I am human I am capable of inappropriate actions, I do not need anyone to try and make me feel shame, what I need to do is learn from my mistakes so I don't repeat these actions again, and whenever possible put right my wrongs.

Your answer is immature and convoluted. It's a kneejerk reaction to the word "ashamed".
Humanity has something called, "Conscience"!
Unless, as Paul pointed out, one "has seared it over as with a hot iron".

One can see that conscience is the reason that the Almighty instituted the atoning rituals early on, after the perfect law was given through Moses, because of the fallen and imperfect nature of mankind.
An extension of His love, mercy, and grace.
It is the reason for the cross!

If one is not ashamed of certain behavior, involving conscience, how can one repent of it?

Look around you in the world for once.
Of course there is action and behavior people ought to be ashamed of, to turn from, and repent.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-07-2018, 03:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Your answer is immature and convoluted. It is a kneejerk reaction to the word "ashamed".
Humanity has something called, "Conscience"!
Unless as Paul pointed out, one "has seared it over as with a hot iron".

One can see that conscience is the reason that the Almighty instituted the atoning rituals early on, after the perfect law was given through Moses, because of the fallen and imperfect nature of mankind.
An extension of His love, mercy, and grace.
It is the reason for the cross!

If one is not ashamed of certain behavior, how can one repent of it?

Look around you in the world for once.
Of course there is action and behavior people ought to be ashamed of, to turn from, and repent.

I do understand and see that a lot of people are made to feel ' shame ' by outside sources, mental health problems are rife in this world and a lot are caused by 'Brainwashing' by some Religions but fortunately I am not one of them... I have no shame whatsoever and nothing or nobody will cause me to feel shame....
It might seem immature to you but I could say the same about you believing the words in a dusty old book but I always believe ,.... each to their own.

You don't need to feel shame to understand that you have done something that hurts others, love..... not shame works better.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Master
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I do understand and see that a lot of people are made to feel ' shame ' by outside sources, mental health problems are rife in this world and a lot are caused by 'Brainwashing' by some Religions but fortunately I am not one of them... I have no shame whatsoever and nothing or nobody will cause me to feel shame....
It might seem immature to you but I could say the same about you believing the words in a dusty old book but I always believe ,.... each to their own.

You don't need to feel shame to understand that you have done something that hurts others, love..... not shame works better.

So who said you should make the subject about shame about you..?
And why??? You must have a reason.

"Dusty old book"?
So, your true situation is quite evident, regarding your non believing status.
The "dusty old book" spans the ages... and includes verses of prophecy.
Both Messianic, and regarding the state of a future world.

Such as with the global climate situation, and such as involving "plagues and famines" which we have seen in Africa, and places like Yemen, which are being reported today.
Luke 21:1, Mathew 24:7 (Jesus)

Other situations which will erupt, and expand, as the " dusty old book " describes and explains, on the global level.
Not just locally, here and there.
Perhaps, if you experience these things before departing this planet, then you may experience shame.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 06-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
D

So who said you should make the subject about shame about you..?
And why??? You must have a reason.

"Dusty old book"?
So, your true situation is quite evident, regarding your non believing status.
The "dusty old book" spans the ages... and includes verses of prophecy.
Both Messianic, and regarding the state of a future world.

Such as with the global climate situation, and such as involving "plagues and famines" which we have seen in Africa, and places like Yemen, which are being reported today.
Luke 21:1, Mathew 24:7 (Jesus)

Other situations which will erupt, and expand, as the " dusty old book " describes and explains, on the global level.
Not just locally, here and there.
Perhaps, if you experience these things before departing this planet, then you may experience shame.

Shame is toxic and should not be promoted as something people will benefit from...
The subject of shame is not about me personally but I personally will promote it as negative.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Master

Belief in the resurrection of Jesus Christ is essential to salvation. Anyone who doesn't believe it is not a Christian. However it doesn't matter whether we observe the holiday called Easter.
Old 21-03-2021, 05:50 PM
Experiencer
Apocalipse didn"t come.
Old 22-03-2021, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamadalina
What is your beliefs about celebrating easter and it's importance for your soul/soul?

Might go to the Mission and have a soda and a fry bread red chili burrito. Hopefully, some bees will come and want to share my food and get a drink from my soda bottle.

I might go inside the Mission. I like looking at the Statues and the artwork.

My Easter's normally are 'off the wall'. That is just me.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 22-03-2021, 04:32 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianamadalina
Apocalipse didn"t come.

No???
Let's celebrate!!!!
We get Life another Day and another Spring where we can celebrate the resurrection.
Old 22-03-2021, 04:38 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Might go to the Mission and have a soda and a fry bread red chili burrito. Hopefully, some bees will come and want to share my food and get a drink from my soda bottle.

I might go inside the Mission. I like looking at the Statues and the artwork.

My Easter's normally are 'off the wall'. That is just me.

I am now hungry for some red chilis.
I've never been in a mission that I recall.
Though I recall Mission viejo and Mission Beach in Cali.