Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-09-2014, 10:12 PM
Pathfinder

Meditation Centre : Cheap Non-Denominational

Hello

I am looking for Meditation Centre in the UK or in Europe that is cheap and non-denominational.

Budget 500EUR max incl food / month.

I am really just looking for a place to meditate. I dont need or want any guidance just the space, and some lunch. I can do everything else.

A meditation hall would be nice, and some nature to walk.

Don't want any teaching or people requiring me to do things.

I have my own programme

Not sure if there are any monasteries anywhere.

Would be better to be in a centre than on my own in a guest house somewhere.

Anyone know anywhere ?

( solitary huts around the UK are normally booked up for years useless, I am looking at 8 weeks starting right now )
Old 21-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Suspended
There are a few centres that I was looking at in Ireland. If you google 'Buddhist retreats Ireland' you will find some.. Obviously, one of the cheapest ways is to do a Vipassana retreat but they have a fixed structure and set start dates.

For a month you won't get anything for 500 euros unless you did some work or stayed in a private house methinks. Even the most reasonable retreats charge 30 euros a day and most are more.
Old 22-09-2014, 09:48 AM
Pathfinder

Yes indeed. However in Eastern Europe or hidden corners there may be something.

If someone knows of good retreat house somewhere ....

I am not doing Vipassana so I think it would be dishonest.

In India Bodhi Zendo for instance is £4 a day. Depending on the duration the flight would be worthwhile after about 4 weeks, you see. But I don't really want to travel.
Old 22-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Suspended
I don't think doing a Vipassana retreat would be dishonest. Most people go into them 'fresh' and have no exposure to Vipassana directly. This is expected. Of course, you have a set program but you get a lot of silent practice and it is all donation based.
Old 22-09-2014, 11:55 AM
Pathfinder

Hmmm ... but I am not doing vipassana or believe in it nor am I Buddhist.
Reminds me of when Buddha asked Mogallana and Sariputta to sniff out the impure person in the gathering if you know that story.
Also I meditate with my eyes open so they might see what I am doing.
Old 22-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideforever
Hmmm ... but I am not doing vipassana or believe in it nor am I Buddhist.
Reminds me of when Buddha asked Mogallana and Sariputta to sniff out the impure person in the gathering if you know that story.
Also I meditate with my eyes open so they might see what I am doing.

Why not just stay home?
Old 23-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Master
My friend live there and runs this website. Just send him a message either of FB or through his site and he will help you out.

http://www.secretsofyoga.org/
Old 23-09-2014, 03:16 PM
samsara4

Why not stay home ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Why not just stay home?

I traveled to over 45 countries on my spiritual quest and went to countless retreats and discussion groups.

Having said that, I found my best spiritual mentors right here in New York City and they both pointed me to the "guru" within.

I still go to discussion groups occasionally but, for the most part, I meet the most amazing people outside of the retreat halls and off the "pulpit".

Now, I mostly "just stay home".