Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Indigo, Crystal, & Star Children

Old 03-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Abilities run in the family!

I didn't know where to put this post, but I figured this might have to do with being an Indigo child.

I just had a reunion with some of my family and got to see my cousin for the first time in about three years. We are more like sisters than cousins - we look extremely alike and are able to pick up where we left off without any awkwardness. Out of everyone in the family, I feel most connected to my cousin. I had this intuition that she and I would have a lot to discuss about spirituality, like this was an auspicious time for communication. I was right!

I outed myself as a full blown empath and she was blown away because she too is a sensitive empath. We are also able to communicate with a couple of our late relatives. So these gifts lie in us, my aunt (one of three sisters), my grandmother, and my great grandmother. My great grandmother was the seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. I am the 3rd generation from the 7th of 7 and three happens to be my karmic and destiny numbers. So there's a lot of woo-woo stuff in the family lol. Not to mention, there is some Native American (Cherokee, I believe) heritage that dates back to the late 1800s.

Although the earlier generation is more powerful, my great grandmother and grandmother suppressed their abilities because it was not socially accepted to have these gifts. However, times have obviously changed, so my cousin and I have no trouble learning to accept and talk about our abilities and that leads to growth. Out of everyone, I am apparently becoming the strongest in my abilities.

After reflecting on this information, I had a strong vision last night and a visitor from the family. I think someone, maybe my grandfather, is very happy that I've discovered this information about the family. I wonder what my next step should be. This is very exciting!
Old 29-09-2014, 08:44 AM
lilli

sometimes cousins can be more like you than siblings :) true in my family !!
interesting read thanks for sharing and good luck !!
Old 10-11-2014, 03:48 PM
brightpup2

well its often best to do psi training with family and relatives that increases your development rate
Old 10-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Experiencer

Beautiful story! It's amazing to find others on your journey when you once thought you were alone.
Old 16-11-2014, 09:22 PM
TakesFeelings

Cool, I like where this is going
PEACE
Old 23-12-2014, 04:35 AM
erinbella42

It's really cool to find connections, especially in your family. I've noticed abilities in my family in subtle ways. I'm a starseed with clairsentient and precognitive abilities. My brother is an Indigo. I've never really talked openly about it with my family. Our parents aren't really in line with what they consider weird woo-woo stuff, but I can see it in my aunts and uncles on both sides of the family.
Old 23-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Master
Yeah, I didn't find out until after reaching adulthood. I felt so alone during my childhood. Then I find out that most of my family on both maternal and paternal sides have talents. Only after I left home, did both my parents start to embrace their talents.

The distribution of talents in my extended family is uneven and does not follow any pattern in terms of who has the strongest abilities. The talents from my dad's side lean towards mediumship and spirits while my mother's side leans towards energy and seeing.

Its not just society that suppresses/represses talents. Many children have scary experiences. Unless some adult is there to help/support them, they try to prevent 'that' from happening again. Surprising to me is that this happens even in families that openly accept these sorts of things.
Old 23-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Knower

Gravity'srainbow, that is wonderful! I'm glad you have met someone in your family with whom you can really share and develop your experiences with.

I also come from a family with strong abilities though its my family of today that is not very into accepting of these talents. They are fearful of others outside the family unit knowing and thinking badly of them. So my siblings and cousins do not practice or use their abilities. I'm the only one in our generation to do so.

However, my parents and their siblings did so as well, as did my grandparents and generations before all have. One ancestor from about 100 years ago was well known for their abilities and held the position of this as a career in her town. Luckily for her she lived in an area that did not look down upon it but embraced it for the most part and people would go to her for help.

My daughter and grandchild also are developing their abilities, and use them and accept them.

I do think everyone has abilities to some degree. It just depends on whether you will accept these gifts and work with them to develop them. If it runs in families (as is often said), its just that it is recognized by family members and so each generation is probably more accepting of these abilities and can therefor develop them easier and stronger, perhaps?
Old 23-12-2014, 02:18 PM
Master
so nice to hear you have found a kindred spirit in your cousin, it helps with our journey here to have such people in our lives.
Old 23-12-2014, 03:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks! Yes, it was a wonderful day when we had our family reunion and I intuited, "wait a sec... My cousin and I are going to talk about spirituality tonight" and it all came tumbling out! We stayed up for hours talking about our abilities. I'm living with my grandmother and she has abilities as well. She is very wise with the information she shares, but she gives me such helpful advice when I am impatient or lacking confidence. I'm lucky to be with her because she has such a warm, loving presence.

And now we've just welcomed a new member to the family - my baby nephew! I get a strong feeling he will have these abilities and be either an indigo, a crystal, or a star child. I can't wait to meet him and tell him how surrounded by love he is! Family is everything <3