Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 08-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Imber
Thank you all for your replies!

To those who told me to cleanse it. Yes, I cleansed it as soon as I got it but it still does it.

To those who mentioned contacting spirits or spirits making it give me that answer. I purely ask my higher-self for the answers. I don't feel comfortable letting spirits talk through my pendulum as I feel like it's a form of a Ouija board.

Also, someone mention that we also have to cleanse ourselves. I'm going to try that to see if maybe that's the problem. Can anyone give me advice on how to cleanse myself of negative energy and such.

Thank you!!

What kind of pendulum do you have, and what cleansing method did you use?

I have a fluorite pendant I use as well as an amethyst pendulum. I feel like my problems started around the time of purchase of the amethyst (the fluorite has been in my possession for years and years). But, the problem did spread to both pendulums. I put the amethyst in the moonlight but that didn't help. The fluorite now hangs in a sunny window. As soon as I picked up the fluorite after having it in the sun for a day or two, I "felt" better, but when I used the amethyst the problem worsened.

The other day I finally picked up some white sage. First I washed my amethyst under running water (from a well) and left it to dry once more in moonlight. The next day I smudged all my stones, including the amethyst, as well as myself and my room. I finally got the answer from my pendulum that my amethyst was cleansed (which it previously kept saying no, on the odd occasion it was telling me the truth!). I "feel" like it is cleansed also. Not only that but I had a huge burst of energy and good mood that day. So far I have only picked up my pendulum once very briefly, but I didn't have that sinking feeling this time that I'd be getting a bad reading, and I did not.

I'm not exactly sure what it is about white sage, but none of that "fill your aura with white light" nonsense was working for me, and yet I felt a difference with white sage. I think this is a good way of cleansing yourself and your surroundings.

I also had just picked up a big piece of selenite and a couple pieces of rhodonite (which may have also accounted for my good mood). I don't know if those helped.

When I smudged my pendulum, I asked it to be cleanse (when I ask it to cleanse or charge it will typically circle until it's finished, and then make a "yes" to say it is done).

Maybe this can help you also? I'll let you know if it starts acting wonky again!
Old 08-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Guide
Dream Angel, "It is a mental pendulum and can be used as a transmitter or receiver, according to the mental command of the operator. It generates strong and uniform white energy for any type of dowsing, including healing." Which is why they say it never needs cleaning. I can't seem to find where I read about making it change the energy output color. I hope this helps explain it better? I'm new to this radiesthetic stuff so I'm not sure how to explain it myself. :) That's why I took quotes from the site.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Experiencer

I also ask for answers from my higher / intuitive self. I tend to pendulum dowse for clarity, usually if my tingle-sense is a bit haywire. I like to keep my crystals together, but I sometimes pick up sensations from crystals that are close by to the one I actually need. My pendulum is a simple clear quartz, it feels calming, protective and friendly and it's the only pendulum I've found that I actually resonate with. I tried hovering my hand over a variety of crystal pendulums in a store and didn't get the right vibes from them, they weren't bad - just didn't feel right either. I think it's important to choose a pendulum that feels right, the ones that don't tend to trigger strange energy and require a lot of cleansing and energising to become properly attuned. I tend to find that my energy can affect crystals strangely though, sometimes a stone I *think* might be beneficial will zap me quite unpleasantly, sometimes I'll hand-hover and be drawn to something completely unexpected. That stone will often have the healing properties that I'm seeking though :)
Old 09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Experiencer
Thank you everyone for your awesome advice!!!!

There are a couple of hiccups in the road so I cant do allot of the cleansing that some of you have described. I have cleansed my pendulum with water on several occasions until it feels 'right' but immediately upon use it doesnt seem to help. I was also told by someone to swing your pendulum clockwise over your head and I do this regularly just out of pure habit. I've never heard anyone on this site doing such a thing so i'm wondering if that is a type of cleansing or not.

Although, I do keep my pendulum in a little baggie with various other stones to put under my pillow at night but that gives me strange uncomfortable dreams and i'm not sure how to weed out the ones that are giving me such dreams and the ones that may be making my pendulum act up if any of them is even doing that to my pendulum.

Would the wonky energy just be the stones energies meshing with each other? I should probably cleans all of them any ways but is there more to it than just that?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Experiencer

I generally find that my collection of stones are well harmonised. I keep them all together. They are part of the earth, they all resonated together on some level at some point and I don't think they interact badly with each other unless they have been imparted with negative energies. I keep carnelian with my crystals to keep them cleansed on a basic level (the carnelians are 'dedicated' to this task, I don't often use them for my personal use but I send light and love to them). Water aside - visualising a white, caring light is a good way to cleanse your crystals of negativity or using candle light if you cannot visualise very well. Sounds also work, as does sage burning - energise afterwards by placing in moonlight, sunlight or onto a quartz cluster.

Start with cleansing all of the stones, finger or pendulum dowse to weed out potential crystals that are causing disharmony with your sleep and go from there. A cleansed stone feels cool, clear and a bit tingly, a stone bogged with lesser energies feels muggy and muted.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:04 PM
peachesday

So glad you asked this question and I was curious enough to read this thread. A month or so ago I got my first pendulum, a set actually. It was so frantic in it's answers that I felt really overwhelmed and haven't messed with it much sense.

I honestly didn't know it was my subconscious or my higher self, and not a spirit of someone else. This is something I can grasp and work with. I think after a good cleanse and well grounded session I can get in touch with whatever my subconscious is trying to tell me.

Thanks so much!
Old 28-08-2014, 05:19 AM
Experiencer
Fruit Loop,

I will have to get me some carnelian and try that out! Also, my pendulum doesn't feel muggy or muted. It feels great!

It's still doing it though. I cleanse it just as you describe and it still acts up.

I also purchased another pendulum around the same time as this one and it works wonderfully! I just don't know whats going on with this pendulum.
Old 31-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Experiencer

It might be the pendulum just isn't resonating right with you for this task! Also, on some level you're probably expecting the pendulum to play up now - so it is. Maybe your mind needs to be clearer to use this pendulum

That said, Amethyst is more stimulating to the third eye and crown chakra. Could be a little conflict between 'higher self' and 'spirit' when using the pendulum, so you're getting some whacky responses. I think you have things to learn from that pendulum
Old 31-08-2014, 08:12 PM
Experiencer

Oddly after all my success at cleansing my pendulums, they've stopped giving weird answers, and in fact stopped working at all.

Interestingly all of my stones give me intense dreams, or I remember them well/don't sleep well if they are near me. As though they are too stimulating. Perhaps they need a lot of time to resonate with your energy before functioning properly?

My guess with the dreams and poor sleep for myself is they awaken or stimulate certain problems and blocks that need dealt with.

My current belief is that the stones show us who we really are, and we don't understand how to integrate those parts of ourselves without practice. I converted my amethyst pendulum into a necklace and that's when the wonky answers stopped. I started to really immerse it in my energy and the overstimulation I was getting also stopped. Of course I find I can't even use a pendulum now at all, but perhaps I have something else I'm meant to deal with first before I can get into it again...
Old 31-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Experiencer

^^^ Emerald Imber, I might be mixing you up with Lisbet re: the amethyst pendulum. Sorry! Either way, the first part of the statement applies - the second part might be more relevant if your pendulum is amethyst.

I never have sleep issues around my crystals. Good job really, it would take ages to weed out the problematic ones