Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 11-01-2013, 03:18 AM
Enlightener

It's time that a few people admitted that religion has been the greatest limitation on human development since politics!

Religion, by it's very nature, it separatist. It must lead you on it's own path or else you would stop following it, and it must have guidelines which you have to submit to, or else you will not reach God.

Tolerance builds acceptance. Love builds Tolerance.

If we all accepted that we were different, rather than arguing over who is Best, we would surely come to know World Peace. It is up to each and every one of you, except Morpheus, to help guide the planet in this direction.

Remember, Love creates Tolerance, and Tolerance leads to Acceptance.

God bless
Old 11-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Then surely that is the greatest gesture of Interfaith. If everyone is accepted as God and accepts themselves as God then we would have a one world religion, and a one world spirituality.
None of us is God in any way which which makes sense. Not in a Christian, Islamic, Hindu or Buddhist way.

There can be no unity in an idea which is nonsensical to some and blasphemous to others.

IMO the is nothing more blasphemous than the idea that we have to be more than just truly human, I consider it to be a kind of madness.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:51 AM
Master
Beautifully said Enlightener.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:22 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin
None of us is God in any way which which makes sense. Not in a Christian, Islamic, Hindu or Buddhist way.

There can be no unity in an idea which is nonsensical to some and blasphemous to others.

IMO the is nothing more blasphemous than the idea that we have to be more than just truly human, I consider it to be a kind of madness.

Consider me as mad as a hatter then, Rin......we "are" spiritual beings temporarily in a human body......we are eternal.......
Old 13-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Master
If one does not believe they are God then they probably will one day. The reality of the situation dawns on you. You can be religious and have faith, but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. I know, it happened to me. Reality is huge. You can get away with denying you are God for eons. But eventually reality ends up being you again, having gone full circle.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 14-01-2013, 08:33 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
If one does not believe they are God then they probably will one day. The reality of the situation dawns on you. You can be religious and have faith, but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. I know, it happened to me. Reality is huge. You can get away with denying you are God for eons. But eventually reality ends up being you again, having gone full circle.

Do you what the difference between Christ Consciousness and Cosmic Consciousness is?

Christ Consciousness is the belief that we are God, all knowing, all powerful beings. It has many downsides though. Egocentric humans, overconfidence, stubbornness to change and accept new teachings, and in the extreme is the reason for the many messiahs roaming earth right now (in psych wards).
Christ Consciousness teaches us that might only get us as far as being crucified in a world for being so blinded to what else is around us.

But Cosmic Consciousness has no downsides to it.
Cosmic Consciousness is the belief of BALANCE and ultimate UNITY that
everything is one and interconnected and that we are a part of God. NOT GOD, but a part of. We realize the humbling aspect the divinity of the entire universe and the other beings other than us, but we also realize our own innate power.
We are a part of everything, we are powerful, but we are also separate beings in physical bodies and this is accepted... not looked down on.

If you want to know my opinion, it's that if you go too long thinking you are some important Almighty god and that you put yourself on that pedestal of ego and insult your human side, you are only leading yourself IN a circle.

Old 14-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Guide
Hello Honza,
Wish to agree completely with you.
Stop hurting each other and put a massive final stop to rape.
What a filthy disgusting evil practice.
Of course karma will be waiting,no crying as you get yours.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 14-01-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
...but eventually the God you believe in TURNS into your own self. ....
You can get away with denying you are God for eons.
But eventually reality ends up being you again,
having gone full circle.
"...And when union is attained the Lover knows the he himself was all along the
Beloved whom he loved and desired union with.....and all..the obstacles...he
himself placed in the path to himself..."

~Meher Baba

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Animus27

Quote:
I don't think that a one world religion and/or spirituality has got anything to do with mediocrity and compromise. I think it has the potential for world peace and harmony; including all the differentiation.
Ah, perhaps. But humanity is a thing of diversity. Our uniqueness of language, culture, and custom gives us a way to express ourselves. If a single world religion became top dog and every person was born and raised in it, there would still be other religions, since some folks would see the presence of a single religion as a bad thing... some people only feel purposeful when they strive against the masses.

The heroic tendency of humanity would ensure religion doesn't stay uniform.

Moses, Luther, Buddha, Muhammad.

Maybe I'm just a little cynical
Old 16-01-2013, 08:21 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala

Do you what the difference between Christ Consciousness and Cosmic Consciousness is?

Christ Consciousness is the belief that we are God, all knowing, all powerful beings. It has many downsides though. Egocentric humans, overconfidence, stubbornness to change and accept new teachings, and in the extreme is the reason for the many messiahs roaming earth right now (in psych wards).
Christ Consciousness teaches us that might only get us as far as being crucified in a world for being so blinded to what else is around us.

But Cosmic Consciousness has no downsides to it.
Cosmic Consciousness is the belief of BALANCE and ultimate UNITY that
everything is one and interconnected and that we are a part of God. NOT GOD, but a part of. We realize the humbling aspect the divinity of the entire universe and the other beings other than us, but we also realize our own innate power.
We are a part of everything, we are powerful, but we are also separate beings in physical bodies and this is accepted... not looked down on.

If you want to know my opinion, it's that if you go too long thinking you are some important Almighty god and that you put yourself on that pedestal of ego and insult your human side, you are only leading yourself IN a circle.

And you are this?