Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-01-2012, 02:37 AM
sesheta

To CaramelDancer

Life comes in cycles, and This Too Shall Pass.
'This too shall pass' is true in "good" times,
and "bad".

Well said - thank you :)
Old 16-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
I don't believe in religions but I believe that there is something bigger than us
I believe in spirits and that I have a soul
I'm not sure why it's a bad thing to kill ourselves?
where did you get this idea from?
do you think maybe there is a chance that it's not a bad thing? .. even a little chance?
the most thing why i want to kill my self because i remember before i was born .. i asked about someone .. i asked where is he? .. and my spirit guide told me that he died way before me .. and reincarnated again before me .. because he is a good person

maybe dying early is not a bad thing after all

I don't think you can find a definite answer to this question. I just think to myself if we wanted to kill ourselves then what was the point of getting born at the first place? What if there was something we had to do with this body that we are here right now in it. I believe killing ourselves out of several reasons could be wrong if there was something that you had to do but gave it up and left the scene early. Reward and punishment lives in everything as we witness, so I think it also lives spiritually and your spirit may get punished for the suicide decision. And I don't mean it in a 'religious' way.
Old 17-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Christopher L

Humans who have a reason to believe that the world holds hope and can bear the pain, or can have faith that love is around the way, do not need to do this.
Viktor Frankl who endured a Nazi Germany Camps is a prime example...

He saw that people who had hopes of being reunited with loved ones, or who had projects they felt a need to complete, or who had great faith, tended to have better chances than those who had lost all hope. Of course, I share the same belief, but everyone is different, but the idea of killing one self does not sit well with me.
Old 17-01-2012, 09:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher L
Humans who have a reason to believe that the world holds hope and can bear the pain, or can have faith that love is around the way, do not need to do this.
Viktor Frankl who endured a Nazi Germany Camps is a prime example...

He saw that people who had hopes of being reunited with loved ones, or who had projects they felt a need to complete, or who had great faith, tended to have better chances than those who had lost all hope. Of course, I share the same belief, but everyone is different, but the idea of killing one self does not sit well with me.

Thanks Christopher for sharing this. In torturous times I've also heard that people need to do "normal" sorts of things....just to feel like they're still human even though they are not being treated as such.

And to everyone else...I ask...how do you find that light in the midst of darkness?
Old 17-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
do you think it's a bad thing to kill ourselves?
Not at all. It's society that creates the taboo. Death is a wonder-full transformative alternative to life. The two go hand-in-hand, like chocolate sauce on vanilla ice cream.
Old 17-01-2012, 10:03 PM
SunMist

I am having one of those extra karma burning lifetimes as well. I can't say I've never been tempted to end it either. A few thoughts keep me going though - one is that I can use this lifetime to burn off karma and develop spiritual skills that will carry over to the next lifetime. Even if I can't undo what's bad now I can work toward that future. Also I cannot imagine what I might yet learn or encounter that could be good in the future.

The phoenix is a powerful image for me too. Also is that of light through the clouds - the sun is never more magnificent than when it is piercing darkness:

Old 17-01-2012, 11:21 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Not, it's not a bad thing. I remember committing suicide in one incarnation and there was nothing but Love waiting for me on the other side, in fact I remember hearing a voice that said "You took your time".

Love this comment!
Old 18-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Not, it's not a bad thing. I remember committing suicide in one incarnation and there was nothing but Love waiting for me on the other side, in fact I remember hearing a voice that said "You took your time".
Love this comment!

I do not think this question can be answered by either a yes or a no. There is much more to it.

Greenslade, what was your reason for committing suicide?

What you all have left out of consideration (I did not read all the posts) is the reason a person commits suicide. Reason or intent is just as important here as it is in issues of morality.

Was the intent selfish? Life is too difficult. It does not matter whether I leave kids, parents, brothers, sisters etc to sorrow and grieve and wondering for the rest of their lives if there wasn't a way to prevent the suicide.

Was the intent unselfish? As a prisoner-of-war and under torture you know you will betray friends and to prevent that you commit suicide.

Just a suggestion.
Old 18-01-2012, 07:19 PM
BlueOwl

I think it depends. I read a story once where a man commited suicide to get at his wife. He knew she would find him...but this is speculation. No one can actually prove his reasons for it but if that is the case. Selfish. But maybe he had deeper problems.

I have been down this my road myself 10 years ago after years of depression which resulted in a breakdown. I saw sense at the last minute and got help and I am stronger and more determined then ever. I felt selfish and guilty after I done it because I never gave anyone and their feelings a thought like my family and close friends and what it would of done to them esp my parents. But it made me see sense and it was a wake up call.

I always feel sad for people who feel they have no other option but to do this. Like someone said. People have their personal limits and I hate to judge their reasons for it.

I have read that suicides in the afterlife are not judged so much but they don't get brownie points either if they had ended the contract early in a healthy body and go straight back into reincarnation to a similar life after a quick briefing. But this depends if they had severe mental health problems or not where they would be treated differently
Old 18-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Royalite

It would be unfortunate. I think it would be unfortunate that one did not push themselves to forge their own path, instead allowed circumstance to call the shots for them. Dare to be different. It's okay to be you, even if one's circumstance says otherwise.