Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 28-04-2011, 04:12 AM
Angels3

Question Lillith the Queen of Fairies

Has anyone ever heard of her? Aparently she was changed from the queen of fairies to a demon who was Adam's first love. Any information would be great!
Old 28-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Sangress

I have.

I thought she was a succubus who gave birth to demons (hence why I've heard of her being referred to as queen of demons)....not sure where I got that idea though.
Old 28-04-2011, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
Has anyone ever heard of her? Aparently she was changed from the queen of fairies to a demon who was Adam's first love. Any information would be great!

i've heard of Lilith but i've never heard of her referred to as "queen of the fairies". i read only that she was Adam's 1st wife, created as his equal, head strong and not apt to be obedient. so fearful were those Bronze Age men of the idea strong women that she was later morphed into a baby eating demon.

i have read of Titania Queen of the Fairies from Shakespeare's MidSummer's Night Dream, estranged wife of the fairy King Oberon.

and the there's Queen Mab of whom Mercrutio raves in Romeo and Juliet ...

O, then I see Queen Mab hath been with you.
She is the fairies' midwife, and she comes
In shape no bigger than an agate stone
On the forefinger of an alderman,
Drawn with a team of little atomies
Over men's noses as they lie asleep;
Her wagon spokes made of long spinners' legs,
The cover, of the wings of grasshoppers;
Her traces, of the smallest spider web;
Her collars, of the moonshine's wat'ry beams;
Her whip, of cricket's bone; the lash, of film;
Her wagoner, a small grey-coated gnat,
Not half so big as a round little worm
Pricked from the lazy finger of a maid;
Her chariot is an empty hazelnut,
Made by the joiner squirrel or old grub,
Time out o' mind the fairies' coachmakers.
And in this state she gallops night by night
Through lovers' brains, and then they dream of love;
O'er courtiers' knees, that dream on curtsies straight;
O'er lawyers' fingers, who straight dream on fees;
O'er ladies' lips, who straight on kisses dream,
Which oft the angry Mab with blisters plagues,
Because their breaths with sweetmeats tainted are.
Sometimes she gallops o'er a courtier's nose,
And then dreams he of smelling out a suit;
And sometimes comes she with a tithe-pig's tail
Tickling a parson's nose as 'a lies asleep,
Then dreams he of another benefice.
Sometimes she driveth o'er a soldier's neck,
And then dreams he of cutting foreign throats,
Of breaches, ambuscadoes, Spanish blades,
Of healths five fathom deep; and then anon
Drums in his ear, at which he starts and wakes,
And being thus frighted, swears a prayer or two
And sleeps again. This is that very Mab
That plats the manes of horses in the night
And bakes the elflocks in foul sluttish hairs,
Which once untangled much misfortune bodes.
This is the hag, when maids lie on their backs,
That presses them and learns them first to bear,
Making them women of good carriage.
This is she!
Old 28-04-2011, 05:50 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
I have heard both of the Lillith legends - wasn't she the lady of the lake in the king Arthur stories?
I read in an Irish legends book that she was Adams first wife and when she was kicked out of the Garden she spawned the fairy folk.
Old 29-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Perceiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrais
I have heard both of the Lillith legends - wasn't she the lady of the lake in the king Arthur stories?

That was Morgan Ley Fey, Arthur's half-sister.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceiver

Ah yes, so it was.

I finally found the book I was thinking of. Its Irish Myths and Legends by Michael Scott.

In it, Lilith is the first wife of Adam, made from the mud beneath Adams feet. God found her to be imperfect, so she was cast out of the Garden.

After Cain (son of Adam and Eve) killed able and God punished him by giving him pustules over his body and left him to wander the world, shunned by all people.

Together he and Lilith spawned a race that was not blessed by God. Though they came from monsters, the children were beautiful.

Three of these children, Banba, Fotla and Eriu are the original Goddesses of Ireland.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perceiver

The Lady of the Lake was Nimue, Viviane, Elaine, Niniane, Nivian, Nyneve and other variations.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_of_the_Lake

Morgan le Fey was someone else entirely:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan_le_Fay

And I thought the Queen of the Fairies was Titania, wife of Oberon.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 AM
Trieah

Heh, I've actually been reading the Book of Lillith lately. It is true, she was created from the mud. And because of this, she wanted to be an equal to Adam, making her claim that they were both made from earth. But Adam did not see her as an equal partner, since he was made of earth and clay, while she was made of mud and muck, so he rejected her claim. Could have had something to do with sex too, LOL.

The Angels petitioned to Lillith to go back to Adam and work things out for the greater good, but she chose to feel the pain of rejection instead of becoming subservient to Adam. Eventually, God put both Adam and Lillith to sleep, taking one of Adam's ribs, and splitting Lillith's soul in half, taking only the submissive aspects of femininity, and created Eve.

From there on out, Lillith was said to take up with the fallen Angel Samael. Since God castrated Samael, Lillith would go around collecting all the loose "sparks of God" (sperm) so she and Samael could create demons. She would also go around seducing men, sleeping with them only once, then flying up to Heaven to denounce them as sinners, before God. And in some ancient religions, they claim the it was actually Lillith who talked Eve into eating from the tree of knowledge. It was also said that God made her baron, so she hated all the daughters of Eve for their ability to create new life, and would go around killing babies if the parents did not set up protection wards against her. There's even a belief the lullabies were originally chants called Lillith-bye to keep her away from the babies.

And then according to the Sophiean Gnostic legends, Lillith reunited with the other half of her soul, when her spirit came across a caravan that was under attack by thieves who were raping all the women. Since Lillith hates being under the weight of men so much, because it proves their dominance over her, she actually took pity on the women. Now, the caravan actually belonged to a wealthy merchant, who had sent his daughter out with her dowry to go an get married to the husband they had arranged for her. And it just so happened, that this daughter had the other half of Lillith's soul inside of her. So when the thieves forced this woman's legs apart, Lillith saw her long lost half soul, and entered into the woman, so that she could help her fight off the men. But while the first man who tried to enter inside of her, died instantly, she couldn't fight them all off.

Eventually, the woman was sold into a life of prostitution against her will. But she was so beautiful and well educated, coming from a wealthy merchant family, she learned how to use her charms to convince one of her clients into buying her from her owner. And when he did, she refused to marry him as promised. But since she couldn't go back home to her parents after all that, the only thing she could do, was continue on with prostitution, until she made enough money to have her former slave owner murdered. But, this deed did not bring her happiness. And after much soul searching, she turned to God for help.

She wound up making enough money to buy other women from their indentured prostitution and helped them to regain their dignity. Eventually, she became so wealthy, that she decided to leave that city behind for good, leaving behind most of her wealth for the women she helped rescue, and set out to search for the man who had been rumored to be spreading the word about God's undying love for us all. This woman's name was Mary of Magdol.

According to the Sophian Gnostic belief, Mary Magdalen was able to fuse both the wild half and submissive half of femininity back together again. And her soul was once again reunited with her husband, Adam, who had reincarnated as Jesus. And Jesus/Adam, would now accept her as an equal.

And again, according to Sophian Gnostic belief, Mary M. made a pact with God, to continuously reincarnate back into the world, as a way for helping bring all the lost sparks of God (that Lillith stole) back home.
Old 28-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Bluegreen

Lillith, according to The Secret Doctrine by H.P. Blavatsky, was Adam's first 'wife'.

Quote:
The animal "Eves" were their foremothers, and the human "Adams" theire forefathers; hence the Kabalistic allegory of Lilith or Lilatu, Adam's first wife, whom the Talmud describes as a "charming woman," ...
Old 28-04-2011, 04:30 PM
Angels3

I was talking to someone yesterday and he explained that she became lillith the demon because supposedly in midevil times, the Church (anyone pretty much in power) didn't like that a woman had power (since she is queen) and they made her a demon. I also thought that she was Adams first wife but I always wondered how she came into creation.