Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-10-2018, 12:44 AM
Experiencer
Just remember, there is not a single person who has ever lived who is/was worthy of being envied.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
As I set on my path, I find that I start to envy those who are "more enlightened" than me. I've gained all sorts of new levels of insight and abilities, but I keep feeling that it's not enough. It's millions much better than it used to be, but I can't seem to completely stop framing my situation as something competitive -- to feed my own strong need to be liked.

What can I do about this?

The condition of thinking someone else is more enlightened is the minds play..just distracting your attention from the truth to the coming and going of the mind, this thought only has the power if you choose to obey it. If you choose to let it go it will pass and if you choose to let everything go and be brave enough to disappear you will realise enlightenment as your true self, your only resting place, watch from the space of bliss consciousness, rise above the mind, don't let it pull you into it's opinions, it does an impeccable job of dragging an imagined self into chaos, realise the supreme sit at Gods feet and stay with it, you will then see reality from the truth
Old 09-10-2018, 09:08 PM
Badcopyinc

I want to just say read my sig but...

I feel I must tell you being enlightened includes not stressing what anyone thinks of you.

Do yiu think dolphins wonder if their fins are shaped awkwardly or if they are fat?

An enlightened person knows the self and sees themselves in everyone and everything.

Enlightenment is something you’re born with and can not be taken from you. This idea you have to work for it and it’s some monumental task is a creation of your mind.

Many books all illustrate the same thing. All that is required is to let go of who you aren’t. The book of secrets is a book with 112 ways to let go via breathing.
And even in the beginning of the book he poses the question of its just about letting go than why the need for the book? Letting go is another task that is sold that needs to be completed.

Figure out who you are. If you keep searching for that one answer then you will get there. Comparing yourself to anyone else and their progress and how they got there is silly as no one person is the same. If we all are born with enlightenment then it’s what we learned and taught ourselves over the years that convinced us we are not enlightened. So how can following scripture or a plan help you find you?
Old 24-10-2018, 06:34 AM
Master

How much advice do you need ? Well here is my two pence worth. I've had such feelings myself towards the proliferation of non duality teachers that have sprung up over the past 2 decades or so. Are you sure it's envy ? I detected a feeling of subtle hate at times towards some of these teachers, perhaps it's not hate but frustration.

But ive started to realise that what they say, ' their teachings' and particular slants on non duality, God or whatever terms you wish to use are just that, they are particular slants, particular ways of pointing. Their use of language is particularly coloured by their own conditioning, although there are core concepts within all of their teachings, the mind, the ego, no self etc. I'm just pointing this out and it has really helped me and now i find i can really be on the look out for a teacher who points in a particular way through words at least. But its ok if that teacher doesn't come. We can all point. Some people are gloriously in love with language in a particular way. People here on Sf have gotten hold of non duality concepts and if you don't logicise (is that a word lol) or cognise or semantise or syntaxise a sentence or an argument or a concept together in a way that they can relate too, they are apt to tell you what non duality is, in their own glorious language of course. Be careful of this type of drama its just another intellectual feist.

So yes these teachers might be better at wording it than yourself? But i thought you were not suppose to be able to describe in words what non duality is ? And so forth. They often claim to be synopsising it for the common man ..well i think that is a claim ...there is also a marketisation of the teaching which you may or may not agree with. Nature has good words too, so have many things including your own vital awareness. Apologies for going on.

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 26-10-2018, 03:47 AM
Master
Which of the subtly shifting hues of a sunset is the most beautiful?
Old 26-10-2018, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
As I set on my path, I find that I start to envy those who are "more enlightened" than me.

...but I can't seem to completely stop framing my situation as something competitive -

What can I do about this?
This is what works for me...First, there is no rush ...there is no end to learning....the journey is the fun as it unfolds.
And most imp....your place is perfect.
Where others are are their perfect.
No need for any envy.

This belongs in Spiritual Development.... it is in itself filled with duality. LOL!
Funny, actually.
You are probably seeking pure non-dualism. So, I get it.

Maybe all this has been said...I didn't read anything here.
Take care....practice contentment....feel joy, find it in every moment somehow, somewhere....get rid of the word 'can't', too.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru