Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 26-10-2010, 03:07 PM
grazier

Book1 Myths, Legends, Fairy stories - What do they mean?

Myths, Legends, Fairy stories, what do they mean?

I think that they are all a cryptic version of our spiritual journey, our journey in an incarnation, our Soul journey.

I read a very good book called' The Garden of the Golden Flower' by Longfield Beatty. In this book he gives a good insight into the symbols and meaning of myths and legends.

Here is an example of a new look at Merlin.

My husband and I watched the DVD Merlin recently and I watched it with a new interest.

It is a symbol of the Universe reflected in the Earth. The Universe represents the Spiritual and the Earth represents the material. You also have the opposites - The Lady of the Lake = the spiritual, good, positive, Jesus, Queen Mab = the material, evil, negative, Lucifer

Then there is Merlin who is on his spiritual journey, a pawn between good and evil. He is a physical symbol of Jesus and Adam the man. He is a created Being with no physical Father, on a mission to redeem the world, to bring virtue and to release the people from the oppression of tyrannical rule. The go between of good and evil. Then there is the resurrection, the rebirth. Also 13 comes into play again, 12 knights of the Round Table with Arthur making 13,(the leader, the Key).

If you look at most myths and legends they are all on the same theme, as are fairy stories and a lot of children's stories. There is a deeper hidden meaning behind them.

Blessings,

grazier

Last edited by grazier : 26-10-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 29-10-2010, 02:54 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
If you look at most myths and legends they are all on the same theme, as are fairy stories and a lot of children's stories. There is a deeper hidden meaning behind them.

Blessings,

grazier

Beautiful post, Grazier! I quite agree, and I think the above statements summarize it beautifully
Old 30-10-2010, 02:28 PM
grazier

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Beautiful post, Grazier! I quite agree, and I think the above statements summarize it beautifully

I just love children's stories and on reading fairy stories and myths now I read them and can see the hidden meanings. I gives a whole new perspective. But I do find that when you read something and then read it again at a later date you always find things that you didn't see before. Don't you find that?

Blessings

grazier
Old 30-10-2010, 06:09 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
I just love children's stories and on reading fairy stories and myths now I read them and can see the hidden meanings. I gives a whole new perspective. But I do find that when you read something and then read it again at a later date you always find things that you didn't see before. Don't you find that?

Blessings

grazier

Yes, I do!
Old 05-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Master
Perhaps we should keep in mind that childrens fairy stories and tales are sanitised versions of some extremely dark originals.
I have a book to recommend - Myths and Legends of the British Isles - Richard Barber.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:52 PM
grazier

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Perhaps we should keep in mind that childrens fairy stories and tales are sanitised versions of some extremely dark originals.
I have a book to recommend - Myths and Legends of the British Isles - Richard Barber.

I know that there are some gruesome stories if you look at them in that way, but children don't see the darkness in their innocence and we can train ourselves to rise over the darkness. Personally I used to love Grimms Fairy Stories. I had their complete works and have managed to get another copy - a reprint- and half of the stories that are in there I don't remember and the others seem to come across rather differently to how I remember them, but there are some very spiritual stories in my new book. It could well be that I am looking at them in a different light, with a different understanding.

Thands for the book recommendation - I will have to look out for it.

Blessings

grazier
Old 08-11-2010, 06:41 AM
Shen Mashel

All of them are conjured by the mind, but the mind can be influenced by outside intervention.These might have been placed for a reason like to manifest now.I mean they were written ages ago, but their significance is better appropriate for the present and future.They have subtle messages for us to understand now.Their like a time bomb...built then and explodes now
These were also the manifestation of what the people those days thought to be and described with their own words.I also think these were the beginning of the spiritual journey for us humans.Since then the human mind began expanding and breaking free of mental programming and spiritual conditioning.They show how the road begins and now we find ourselves here and now.Our meddling with understanding them now is just part of the bigger picture in order to continue the spiritual path.
Anyway this is what i think of the subject :)
Old 13-12-2010, 12:35 AM
eraser

I think all great stories have at their heart a kernel of truth - some aspect of a life lesson from which we can learn.
Old 13-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Master
Absolutely ! Read behind and between the words to get the hidden meanings OR perhaps the stories act as triggers to release what we already carry in our minds - racial memories perhaps ?
Old 01-01-2011, 01:14 PM
themaster

Quote:
Myths, Legends, Fairy stories, what do they mean?
To quote my teacher "Bashar" again..

"Everything you imagine exists, somewhere, somehow"

So every creature we can conceive.. I think we've tried..

But a long time ago during "Atlantis" per my understanding.. the mythical creatures we talk about but "never see" here such as Fairies, Unicorns, Leprechauns, Gnomes, Pegasus all these creatures existed and walked the planet..

As part of our "new age" awakening they may return or our access to them should come back.. that is my understanding..

There referred to in "new age" circles as the "animal kingdom" there is a also a "crystal kingdom" (crystals have a intelligence to them) and a "Angelic kingdom" (we all come from this one.. )