Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 05-07-2018, 03:35 AM
Experiencer
Anyone overly familiar with a smokey quartz?

I would like to know more about this crystal (smokey quartz) if anyone has any familiarity with it, its uses and what it helps with. I had some close spiritual friends over tonight for the 4th of July holiday and they brought some stones and crystals that I had the chance to hold. I felt quite a bit when I held this one of what I can only describe as a heart beat in my hand and alsoa sort of vibrating current I felt as well. I would like more info on why I resonated this way with this particular one.

Last edited by Spirit bird : 05-07-2018 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:25 AM
Newbie ;)

Smoky quartz is associated with grounding, removing negative energy, and as a shield against psychic attack. It is also said to be useful in protecting against environmental or emotional stress and has earth element associations.

Smoky quartz was considered a stone of power by the Celts and it is still used as a decoration on modern sgian dubh.

Generally we don't pick out crystals, they pick us :)

Smoky quartz is relatively uncommon.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:38 AM
Suspended
Pathfinder

It also raises your kundalini! I LOVE smokey quartz!! It's up there as one of my favorites! :)
Old 28-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Newbie ;)

I have around 30 years of experience with minerals, so most of my life. I buy them, mine them, sell them. I know nothing about the metaphysical aspects of them. All I know is that I, too, feel a strange heart beat sensation in my palm and a tingle that shoots from the middle of my spine up to my neck when I hold smoky quartz. It seems to only be with smoky quartz; I've tried other minerals, I've even tried non-minerals. Then, I tried holding my hand at different angles, thinking that maybe it was a blood pressure thing. I've tried open palming it, closed palm (once again thinking blood pressure) and I always get the same results. Granted, this doesn't happen with every smoky quartz, but when it does happen, it's only happened with smoky quartz. Except twice, that I've noticed; once was with a citrine, and once it was with an amethyst. So perhaps, with me, it's with quartz period, as smoky, citrine, and amethyst are types of quartz. So, with me, the proverbial jury is still deliberating. All I can tell you is that I, too, have felt that with smoky quartz.
Old 28-07-2018, 09:03 PM
Administrator
Hello

Its a favorite of mine very powerful and much with a vibration all its own.

Smokey Quartz

Mystical Properties:

Smoky quartz is a grounding and stabilizing stone, bringing calm and centering. Emotionally, smoky quartz is excellent for elevating moods, overcoming negative emotions, and relieving depression. It brings physical, protection, psychic protection and protection from negative energy.

Healing Properties:

Physically, smoky quartz is said to treat all kinds of problems associated with the lower torso including kidneys, abdomen, pancreas, reproductive organs, menstrual cramps, fertility issues. Smoky quartz also removes toxins from the body and helps the adrenal glands to function more readily. It is also very helpful for regulating all other body fluids and relieving fluid retention. Smoky quartz is excellent for dealing with hyperactivity, and attention deficit disorder.

Magical Properties:

Worn during rituals or in spells it is a grounding stone that will offer one wisdom and discrimination; allowing one to be more firm about exactly what is necessary and what is unwanted. Helping one rid oneself of unproductive people, or parts of one’s life; attracting and removing emotional energy blockages.

Energy: Receptive
Element: Not Noted
Powers: Not Noted
Zodiac: Capricorn and Sagittarius
Planet: Sun
Chakra Classification: Root

This is what I know of it.....

Lynn
Old 29-07-2018, 01:03 PM
Administrator
I have got a few pieces of smokey quartz another crystal that throbs in my hand is Turquise.i love crystals I went to see a medium some 7 years ago.only went because my daughter friends uncle was the medium he had another.medium with him but she was selling crystal angels. she saw me and gave me one a rose quartz one because she said my aura was beautiful

Namaste
Old 30-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I have got a few pieces of smokey quartz another crystal that throbs in my hand is Turquise.i love crystals I went to see a medium some 7 years ago.only went because my daughter friends uncle was the medium he had another.medium with him but she was selling crystal angels. she saw me and gave me one a rose quartz one because she said my aura was beautiful

Namaste

That is awesome to have someone give a gift to you like that! The rose quartz. I don't think I've ever held turquoise. I do know I will have to get another smokey quartz because mine never turned up when it disappeared. I also decided to cleanse all my crystals this past Friday because I wanted to put them out in the blood moon to charge them. I wasn't sure if this would be better or any different from charging them in normal moonlight. Anyone else in here do this as well?
Old 03-08-2018, 05:10 AM
Experiencer
I have a little experience with smokey quartz. I personally think it's a very attractive stone and has some really interesting qualities. Somehow I think it's a little more masculine than other quartz, but extremely beautiful in a eerie kind of way.

I have a couple of really large smokey quartz specimens. I have a smokey citrine and a Tibetan smokey quartz. For the sake of this thread I will talk about the Smokey quartz from Tibet. It's almost 10 LBS, a rather small one for my collection, but also the first one I bought from China. It's got 3 really large perfect points on a diagonal that make it really stunning. Chinese consider these Tibetan specimens to be extremely powerful.

One day a friend came over and was attracted to this particular specimen ( most are ) and got a really large energy jolt when he touched it. He was shocked and surprised. I unfortunately have never experienced such phenomenon.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:35 PM
30 years ago almost exactly when I used to party too much...aka drink...
if the room would spin...I would hold my 4 pound sm quartz and with eyes opened
or closed the room stopped spinning....it is very grounding.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 18-09-2018, 03:08 AM
Master
Spirit bird,

You are very fortunate to have found a crystal that really loves you.

Most people never find a crystal during their lifetime like you have experienced.