Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 13-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinski78

I've only found the forum running slowly on odd occasions, which hasn't troubled me to any degree... I surmise that is caused by the same, or a similar thing...

I suppose it depends in some respects, on what funding is available to the company running the forum, whether or not, anything could be upgraded, to avoid such issues... However, I don't think members can really complain, when a service such as we get here, is completely free of charge...

Personally, I'm content to ease off a bit now and again, to allow things to settle down, sooner than having to start chipping in with donations to off-set running costs, or even worse: getting hung up on advertising...

Robbie....

I'm sure the admin want to provide a good service, and it's beneficial when members inform them of issues, so it's ludicrous to suggest members can't complain (give feedback) because the service is free, and we can't just say, well the service is free so who cares if it has problems.
Old 13-01-2015, 11:38 PM
Administrator
Hello Members

We are aware of the situations the site is having and are working on them.

We are blessed to have a site still as the founder is not with us anymore.......so count those blessings.

Lynn

SF Admin
Old 14-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you so much.
And i hope the business was taken care of too. :)
Old 15-01-2015, 08:18 PM
Master
I thought this might be of help, don't know what it means but I've come across it a couple of times. I was just trying to go back 'home'.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Server at www.spiritualforums.com Port 80
Old 16-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Master
I am grateful for these forums.

I guess I just get a little annoyed cause I know there are many on here who'd be happy to throw some money the admins' way to get the forums upgraded and/or fixed properly. Me being one of them.

Oh well, you do what you can do.
Old 17-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Thank you for all this feedback. Some major life issues have cropped up since I last posted, and I am so sorry for the delay. My tech person is also experiencing a crisis right now, so things are a little slow moving on this end.

From what I understand, most of the issues faced with SF can be resolved if we can get a dedicated server. The cost is beyond my means, unfortunately, so I have kept things as they are and had my tech help work on adjusting some things in the past to help with overload issues. It has been marginally successful, but we are obviously still encountering issues.

As far as members donating to get SF onto a dedicated server, I am not sure how we would do that. It is a monthly charge, so the donations coming in would have to cover at least half of it to keep it going. From what I recall, a dedicated server is $100/month. I am not positive about that, but I can find out from the hosting company.

If anyone has suggestions about a donation situation where we could make this happen, let me know. I am sorry it takes me a long time to respond at times---I run my own business so things are incredibly busy, and I regret not having a lot of spare time to tackle some of the forum issues. And because I have limited technical knowledge, I feel like I am kind of stumbling around in the dark with these matters.

But I will do what I can to help make this better. In the meantime, if things can be somewhat ok with the setup we have, that at least is something. I know things need to be improved, though, and I will work on making that happen in any way possible.
Old 17-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Administrator
I just got updated information that inspirit did make some more adjustments on the servers and hopefully that has helped a little?

Thank you all for bearing with us through the twists and turns....

xo
Old 17-01-2015, 10:49 PM
Master
I haven't been nailed by any errors at all yet today, that's very good!

I'm not sure how a donation system would work either tbh, but I know I'd contribute financially monthly in some way if it would be needed. :3
Old 13-02-2015, 06:27 AM
Friend

Just notifying that I'm getting a connection timed out error. It's responding as if I am blacklisted. If I am that's also an explanation, but just in case I'm not.
Old 13-02-2015, 02:32 PM
Suspended
Did you ever find a someone with the know how to fix this problem?

I get the timeout every so often.
Closed Thread