Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 04-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Master
Green Plastic Watering Can

Here's a good one, i might as well document while it's still fresh.

Was listening to the song 'Fake Plastic Trees' by Radiohead on my computer outside having a smoke, and as i'm coming in i look down to see where im stepping in the dark and shine my cpu screen on the ground to help me see and as the line 'green plastic watering can' line from the song plays on the video in my headphones i look down and see my mother's green plastic watering can on the ground.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Master
That's a trip, Deusdrum. Did you give anymore thought to what it symbolizes - what it means to your personal journey in life - like watering can = growth - and in what way, etc.?

Old 04-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Master
That... is a very cool synch!

Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Lulu

I am listening to this song right now... I was searching the forum and saw the title of your thread lol.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
That's a trip, Deusdrum. Did you give anymore thought to what it symbolizes - what it means to your personal journey in life - like watering can = growth - and in what way, etc.?

Yeah i'm not sure exactly Silvergirl, i think it may have something to do with 'fake' elements, either in my life, or perhaps some part of me or others that i may be dealing with. Then again, maybe that is me reading into it.

I went on a Radiohead marathon last night. Great band, can get somewhat depressing for me listening to them too much though. Amazing musicians nonetheless.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu
I am listening to this song right now... I was searching the forum and saw the title of your thread lol.

wow! really? Like you just happened to be listening to it when you saw my thread? That is a cool one in itself. And why didn't i see your post the first time through? Probably because of how close in time we posted, yours wasn't there when i was responding. Hmm.

Silvergirl - like your interpretation too, i didn't really think of that. You could stretch it even and say green which is the colour of the heart chakra is telling me to 'water' my heart lotus flower chakra, open my heart or something along those lines. It's plausible, maybe a stretch as i say, but plausible. Or just growth in general as you say.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:00 AM
Lulu

Quote:
wow! really? Like you just happened to be listening to it when you saw my thread? That is a cool one in itself. And why didn't i see your post the first time through? Probably because of how close in time we posted, yours wasn't there when i was responding. Hmm.

Yup. And you know the funny part? I just knew this thread was going to have something to do with Radiohead... not merely a lone 'green plastic watering can' lol.

Maybe we both listen to Radiohead too much?

Naw. You can't listen to Radiohead too much.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:50 AM
Master
That is awesome Lulu. Every time i walk by that thing now i look at it suspiciously hahaha. It's lying sideways in the same spot, and is doing a remarkable job of maintaining it's silence and keeping it's secrets from me. Like it's status has gone from random garden product to luminous mysterious magical object.

And how can a watering can be plastic? Isn't a can made of metal? I think they are called watering jugs too maybe? Same thing i guess.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 AM
Master
When i said the watering can's status changed from normal to magical to me, i was only half serious and also half joking.

But this reminded me of the Philip K **** book 'Ubik' in which normal, unassuming innocuous items are really secretly infused with magic powers. I can't really explain the book that well, but there are these commercials and a spray can that secretly restores-revitalizes the world back from entropy. **** talks about this in his Exegesis which i am still reading periodically.

Anyways, so i look it up, and am find a passage online from his book 'Valis' (the book written from and also during 'Exegesis') which is semi-autobiographical novel about his mystical experience, the psyche wards and mental illness that went along with it.

Check out this little snippet from 'Valis'; (bolded parts by me)

"There was information transfer," I said.
"In the film?" Kevin said. "As story line? Or do you mean from the film and audio track to the audience?"
"I'm not sure I understand --" I began.
"There is subliminal material in that film," Kevin said."The next time I see it I'm taking a battery-powered cassette tape recorder in with me. I think the information is encoded in Mini's Synchronicity Music, his random music.. (...)

"Did you notice the pot?" Kevin said. "On Nicholas Brady's desk. The little clay pot -- like the one you have, the pot that girl --"
"Stephanie," Fat said.
"-- made for you."
"No," Fat said. "I didn't notice it. There were a lot of details in the film that kept coming at me so fast, at the audience so fast, I mean."
"I didn't notice the pot the first time," Kevin said. "It shows up in different places; not just on Brady's desk but one time in President Fremount's office, way over in the corner, where only your peripheral vision picks it up. It shows up in different parts of the Lamptons' house; for example in the living room. And in that one scene where Eric Lampton is staggering around he knocks against things and --"

"The pitcher ," I said.
"Yes," Kevin said. "It also appears as a pitcher. Full of water. Linda Lampton takes it out of the refrigerator."
"No, that was just an ordinary plastic pitcher," Fat said.
"Wrong," Kevin said. "It was the pot again."
"How could it be the pot again if it was a pitcher?" Fat said.
"At the beginning of the film," Kevin said. "On the parched field. Off to one side; it only registers subliminally unless you're deliberately watching for it. The design on the pitcher is the same as the design on the pot. A woman is dipping it into a creek, a very small, mostly dried-up creek."
I said, "It seemed to me that the Christian fish sign appeared on it once. As the design."
"No," Kevin said emphatically.
"No?" I said.
"I thought so, too, the first time," Kevin said. "This time I looked closer. You know what it is? The double helix."
"That's the DNA molecule," I said.
"Right," Kevin said, grinning. "In the form of a repeated design running around the top of the pitcher."
We all remained silent for a time and then I said, "DNA memory. Gene-pool memory."

I used to own the book Valis, but my friend, who also was in and out of pysche wards after his own specific psycho-spiritual experiences, was the last person i lent it to, and he lost it, or a friend of his might still have it.

He told me about a 'vision' he had once about staring at a cleaning spray bottle and how it looked magical and shimmering and special somehow. (he was 'on something') According to his retelling of the tale, the words or a voice i can't remember came to him at that moment that were;

"the significance of insignificance, and the insignificance of significance." And it was a windex bottle. Cleaning spray product, just like the spray can from 'Ubik', which is sometimes on the cover of that book depending on what version/printed edition.

[IMG]http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lg86383-29+ubik-philip-k-****-poster.jpg[/IMG]

Anyways, i realize a water pitcher is not a watering can, so i am reaching again probably. Welcome to my obsessive zone of follow the synchronicities lol. Don't worry i'm not going mad, just drawing associations out loud a bit here. I'll leave it at that for now.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 AM
Master
If you don't mind me gently saying so, I don't believe you are "reaching" at all.

I think you need to find another copy of the book, maybe online. Keep all avenues and ideas about it all open...

This is supah-cool.