Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 17-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Knower

Supernatural divine powers.

In the process of correct spiritual practice of yoga and Buddhism, practitioners acquire a variety of supernatural forces. The main ones are:
1. The supernormal divine legs-the ability to levitate and go where they want to go.
2. The supernatural ability of the divine hearing-to hear the voices of people at a great distance and the voices of the gods.
3. Supernatural reading of other people's thoughts is the ability to read the consciousness of the interlocutor, and at the higher levels of this ability to see its essence (thoughts) in the form of a color image.
4. The supernatural ability to remember one's own and others' past lives.
5. Supernatural ability to know your own and others' future lives.
6. Supernatural ability to cover leaks.

I have a proposal let's spread useful information about the supernatural forces or how they manifested themselves. Their interesting experiences of gaining super-strength. Thank you for your understanding.
Old 18-02-2018, 06:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda
In the process of correct spiritual practice of yoga and Buddhism, practitioners acquire a variety of supernatural forces. The main ones are:
1. The supernormal divine legs-the ability to levitate and go where they want to go.
2. The supernatural ability of the divine hearing-to hear the voices of people at a great distance and the voices of the gods.
3. Supernatural reading of other people's thoughts is the ability to read the consciousness of the interlocutor, and at the higher levels of this ability to see its essence (thoughts) in the form of a color image.
4. The supernatural ability to remember one's own and others' past lives.
5. Supernatural ability to know your own and others' future lives.
6. Supernatural ability to cover leaks.

I have a proposal let's spread useful information about the supernatural forces or how they manifested themselves. Their interesting experiences of gaining super-strength. Thank you for your understanding.

QUOTE=Nitiananda]In the process of correct spiritual practice of yoga and Buddhism, practitioners acquire a variety of supernatural forces.

If you understood Buddhism you wouldn't have posted the above incorrect nonsense.
Old 18-02-2018, 07:12 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
QUOTE=Nitiananda]
If you understood Buddhism you wouldn't have posted the above incorrect nonsense.

That's a bit harsh. There's folk versions of buddhism as much as any other belief system. I've heard rumors that buddha was 100 feet tall and only ate 7 grains of rice a day.

Folk mysticism inevitably combines with any established religion or philosophy.

To add to the list of supernatural powers, I'd say there is the "need very little food to survive" power.
Old 18-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Master

It is said that True Powers flow from and open and receptive Heart; likewise it is also said that the Siddhis are written on the petals of the Heart lotus; and some say that in the Heart grows a tree that fulfills all wishes. So I would guess that all Heart centered practices eventually will unlock a variety of these powers within the individual

Buddhism as a spiritual path definitely has the potential, even if it might as some suggest not be taught. For yoga it definitely is the Heart and center of Samadhi
Old 19-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Master

In his wonderful book 'The Yoga of Health, Youth and Joy' Paul Dukes tells of the siddhi powers which may develop during progress of Hatha Yoga.

Knowledge of past and future
Perception at a distance
Knowledge of past lives
Clairvoyance
Complete control of all internal organs
Power to alter the size of one's body
Supernormal strength
Knowledge of the cosmos
Invisibilty
Prediction of the day and hour of death
Levitation, walking on water
Transfiguration
Mastery of the elements
Ability to enter and control another's body
And other powers

Nevertheless he warns against these distracting acquistions getting in the way of one's spiritual goal. They are he says, better ignored.

Alexandra David Neel, a French woman, became, in 1923, and disguised as a man, the first white woman to enter the holy city of Lhasa. Her book 'My journey to Lhasa' was published in 1927.
She said herself that her interest lay more in the Thibetan mentality than of the terrain.
One of the things she saw she describes so in another book she wrote With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet. One day while crossing an empty plain she saw a black spot in the distance advancing rapidly towards her. Focussing her field glasses on it she saw that it was a man moving at high speed in a series of spectacular leaps, 'the man did not run' she wrote, ' but he seemed to lift himself up into the air'. The Tibetans call this lung-gom, the art of flying.
She goes on to describe how she saw some hermits, stark naked, meditating for days in the snow while blizzards swirled around. She was herself suffering from the cold and her guide showed her how to mentally increase her bodily heat so that she was afterwards able to wear a single cotton garment at a height of 4000 metres.

All this history is and has been forgotten. Only in old manuscipts are such valuable incidents still to be found.
Old 22-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Knower

My teacher's experience:

I flew! "It was a delightful moment - my body levitated.This event occurred on a cold night in February 1985. For several years I was engaged in spiritual practice based mainly on the theory of yoga, following my own method I practiced in my Tokyo apartment near the station of Shibuya, every evening, students came to me, and we practiced together.On that memorable night, several of my students quietly sat in a corner and ate something. control Vayu), Sukha pranayama purvakam, Traybandy and Nauli (the last two practices, designed for spiritual awakening; see Chapter 4, "Levitation") I started Meditation Completion ....
This time something strange happened. My eyes were closed, but a bright light streamed from my forehead. The top of the head became hot. What an intolerable fever! It seemed as if a piece of red-hot iron had been put on my head. No, to sustain such it is impossible! The heat was so strong that it made me quit meditation. However, my daily program is not yet complete! What to do? The experience was unusual, and I was afraid to continue my studies. In addition, the following practice, like no other, promotes brain stimulation. But I said to myself: "I do not have to stop halfway." After a while I calmed down and went to Bastrik-pranayama, the closing practice of that day. In the stillness of the cold room, only a sharp exhalation sound was heard: "Shhh ... shhh ... shhsh ..." After a few minutes my body was vibrating, and for the first time it seemed to me that I had been thrown up. I was a little surprised, but there was no time for reflection. At the same moment, the energy vayu flew up from the coccyx to the top of the head. My body - and I was sitting in Padmasan - began to jump, like a rubber ball. But that was not all. After jumping for the last time, I hung in the air. "Levitation!" - lightning pierced in my brain. Then, as if waking from sleep, I sank to the floor. Levitation was over. "You levitated!", "He really flew!" - shouted in excitement my students who witnessed this, indeed, mystical scene. I myself was amazed and very excited. So, my supernatural power grew so much that I could finally levitate. I was convinced that the practice I was engaged in was correct. I practiced alone, without a teacher, by trial and error. But success in levitation showed me that I'm on the right track. For me, having survived the difficult years, it was an excellent result
Old 22-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Knower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Its1r9qfGM8

20 MAN WITH SUPERVISORS, PROVIDED WITH THE CAMERA