Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 04-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
What is the subsection of the forum about? Keeping in mind there may never be a consensus but something worth exploring or reviewing (at least for this OP’s sake).

If this subsection were, pure ‘nonduality’ there would be no conversation, as it would not exist, as mind knows existence.

Switching gears…..

The OP has a tone of practicality so a little bit of thoughts on that goes as follows:

Perhaps duality is a turning against ____? Maybe one-way to look at the yin-yang symbol is as a turning against in which a turning towards is included. In psychological terms, I believe the term is introspection, which may lead to a higher consciousness but still, IMO, duality.

I started to write a bit about exploring the practicality of knowledge unique to the ‘nonduality’ crowd. For the type of people drawn to a subsection such as this. However, I keep realizing there is nothing practical about it. My mind protests saying “but listen, you have realized inner peace, that is practical” ,however, then I hear “peace has always been and as such the realizing is irrelevant” in which my mind goes on to say “but ahhh, it was I that realized it.”

The mind certainly entertains, ironically!

Maybe that is it? For entertainment only? If so I hope my tap dancing has been sufficient if that be the case.

Maybe we’re building a better view of what duality/ mind/ magic is made of in a manner of speaking? Scratch that, the view is also of duality.

Sh*t, if thoughts/ musings on ‘nonduality’ do not occasionally have you shaking your head side-to-side while smiling inside and/ or out, what is wrong with you!

You have no doubt heard the saying that when your head is in the Tiger's mouth there is no negociating......only submission, which eventually results in the end of feeling disconnected as all objections to the idea All is One are struggled with and eventually included as Oneness manifest. You could take the objections apart piece by piece which is of course what you are driven to do whilst so seurely held.

Good luck :)
Old 04-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Eelco

Quote:

The OP has a tone of practicality so a little bit of thoughts on that goes as follows:

Perhaps duality is a turning against ____? Maybe one-way to look at the yin-yang symbol is as a turning against in which a turning towards is included. In psychological terms, I believe the term is introspection, which may lead to a higher consciousness but still, IMO, duality.
I am no non-duality scholar, so I may be wrong (I often am)
Isn't non-duality described as direct pointing?
The subforum name in that regards describes a state as if that realization has already been made. It points directly to the realization. Until we find ourselves there however there are some practices we can do or train to help us stumble over the end realization quicker. In other words(and to steal a good quote). Enlightenment is an accident. Some practices makes us accident prone.

Quote:
Maybe that is it? For entertainment only?

Do you think it is?
If I look around and see all the people realizing different things which may cause them suffering instead of happy accidents. I wonder.. Can these people be helped to have a happy accident? Do they even want to? What makes me think it would be beneficial to them?

With Love
Eelco
Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Knower
This is what is great about forum.

In the analogy of billiards,

I am certainly capable of racking my own balls just to bust them again as witnessed by the OP, particularly finding it interesting how 'others' go about it.

All racks
All busts

It's a racket designed to be busted time and time again.

Play and not play occur in unison.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Eelco

Quote:

All racks
All busts

It's a racket designed to be busted time and time again.

That is a great analogy..
I wonder what would happen if we simply stopped wracking our balls.

With Love
Eelco