Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 18-10-2017, 08:15 PM
Seeker

I want to know why it is not working out for me

I've had predictions from various methods of divination. I'd like to understand what is actually going on here specifically in my circumstances.

For example, one time I consulted an astrologer and a tarot reader. Both did not know each-other. Both randomly predicted a relationship for me in the month of December last year. I prepared for it as best as I could but it did not happen. This left me incredibly angry and upset and disappointed. When I went back both said it had an 85% chance of happening.

1. Why am I in the 15%?
2. Why can't the readers see this before the prediction?
3. Why did they predict this at all and why don't they take accountability for misleading me?

I do believe what is being said at the time of predicting. I don't understand why it changes and never works out positively for me as expected. I don't understand why I am blamed for it either.
Old 18-10-2017, 08:57 PM
55Degrees

Any prediction is not a cast iron guarantee. A reader (in whatever method) can only tell you a 'most likely outcome' and it is dependant on different factors.

You have to allow for freewill, not only for yourself, for others that may cross your path. There can be a butterfly effect, where someone's actions or words can create a ripple effect that spreads out and alters outcome of things that may seem totally unconnected.
These readers were not 'wrong' at the time of the reading, given that, at that moment in time, they gave you the most likely outcome. Things can swiftly change.

As very little in life is pre-destined, we cannot sit back and expect things to just happen, a certain amount of work and effort has to come from us to assist these things.
Did you engage in social activities? Did you approach someone you found desirable? Did you introduce yourself to anyone who you felt a connection with?
Sometimes because we've 'been told' something will happen, we expect it without having to do anything, unfortunately it doesn't work like that. We need to actively seek out (use our freewill) to attract what has been predicted.
Old 18-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Pathfinder
Hi Imperator,
the question you raised is a very good one!

Let's take a look at what might have possibly gone wrong:

Scenario 1) both astrologer and tarot reader were wrong in their predictions from the beginning - their identical readings might have been just a simple considence that may happen from time to time, I don't know a person whose predictions work always for 100%

Scenario 2) both astrologer and tarot reader were mislead by your (sub)conscious wish to get into the relationship and what they read was not your future but only your deep desire that was radiating from you during the time of reading and covered other signals about what was going to happen

Scenario 3) both astrologer and tarot reader were right in their predictions, but you invested way too much energy into this future situation by doing preparation and thinking about that and this spoilt it. As the nature tries to always establish energy balance, when you deeply think about something for longer period of time, the opposite energy force is created and its aim is to do the opposite as what you actually want. religious people tend to say that when we invest too much energy into something, we are giving a universe a signal that something is more important for us than the God, and as nothing can be more important as God, the universe makes it in a way it won't happen.

Scenario 4) both astrologer and tarot reader were right in their predictions, but the meaning of the word relationship might have been more like a symbolic one or a relationship was not meant to happen on a physical plane.

In my opinion, if a person giving me the reading is really skilled at it and can do predictions well, then his prediction should come true under all circumstances (whether I do something about it to make it happen or I do something against it) because prediction itself should be taking into the consideration the fact that you may speculate, try to modify it/do something about it... One example. I used gipsy tarot cards to find out what to take care of the following day. The symbol I got indicated problems with my car (damage). During the next day I was driving slow, keeping enough distance between car behind me, adhering to all rules of driving. But you know what? I damaged the car even though. It happened at the end of the day during my last 5 minutes of driving when I was parking a car. My back parking assistants didn't signal the distance between me and the next car well and I crashed into the already parked car. I was about to visit my mother in law (should that be the reason I would rather not discuss :)

So if we assume astrologer and tarot reader were right, then the scenario 4 makes sense for me - I would consider it as a misinterpretation of the prediction.

Maybe more tries from your side would give you more insight, and revisiting those people might provide an answer.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:19 PM
Deactivated Account

Straight up sounds like the tarot reader and the astrologist weren't particularly skilled not negating tarot or astrology, not many people take readings as seriously as you do and I prefer not to take a reading as gospel or gear my life around predictions which could turn out to be stabs in the dark, I would keep exploring readers with good reputations but don't go back to these people once bitten twice shy, remain objective and be aware of clasping onto what you want to hear, a good reader will give you an insight into yourself and the things that are holding you back or down so as you can make progress and there are authentic people out there so put it down to experience.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:57 AM
Guide

Seeing that you "prepared for it as best I could" there is the possibility that you inadvertently changed the circumstances that would have lead to the relationship.

Even a slight deviation from what you would have ordinarily done, or what you would have done if you didn't have the predictions on your mind... that may be all it took to shift from 85% likely to being in the 15%.

Predictions are iffy at best though. Quite possibly it's better to not rely on predictions to guide us through life.