Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
Master
My old friend Hone told me a story a while back where as part of the University course they were on, Maori studies and he's a Maori but a city boy born and raised, they went and lived on the Marae ( tribal spiritual meeting house) in a total immersion thing.

He was the stupid one 'cause his language ability couldn't work fast enough or describe the complex ideas he was used to in English while there was another guy there who was an absolute wizard in Maori but then when the course finished seemed entirely stupid in English.

Where I was brought up here in New Zealand everybody was a half caste of some description, an outsider that couldn't fit on where they came from. Alot of it was straight inter marriages between ethnic groups but alot of it was also inter marriage between beliefs... so it was always a total melting pot for us roving bands of kids to make it up as we went along.

As I'm writing this and figuring out what I actually want to say it has come to me that a kind of default in New Zealand, which is starting to die out a little, is that unlike the rest of the world is that most people are accepted as clever until it's fairly obvious they're not.

People are given the benefit of the doubt I think simply because we are very young in world terms and we're still very much building what we actually are and could be.

So to be perfectly frank when you guys do the boys from the backwoods thing I'm looking for a setup. It's a classic trick I've grow up with where we'd use some new groups idea of what we were to get one over on them.

But at the same time,'cause it's a part of the survival mechanism in New Zealand, while the cons going on you're throwing out hints to pick out new friends who can see beyond the obviousness that isn't really there.

It just occurred to me that the time for words is over so here's some of my pictures.
Bunch of artworks I made a few years ago which didn't sell so I got my marching orders.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Suspended
You art work sure fits how you post.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Yeah i would have to agree with Thunder Bow

Namaste
Old 02-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Ascender

Hi Mr Interesting. The town I live in in Australia is also a bit of a melting pot. For a joke we say it's like living on Noah's arc, there's 2 of everything. The plus side is that my kids can say hello & thank-you in about 8 different languages depending on what their mates mother is. Sport is huge in this town for the boys & between the local rugby league club & the boxing club they've associated with boys that's breeding is white australian, aborigine, Maori, Tongan, Samoan, Cook islander, Indian, Philippino, Thai, Laos, Vietnamese, Italian, Croatian & God knows what else. There's very little ethnic trouble here. Mainly because it's a small town & to survive we have to get on, or if not get on at least tolerate each other. I've lived here my whole life & had very little conflict & the times I have had it it's been booze related rather than race related. Out of all those races I listed above most people in this town could lay claim to descending from more than one line.