Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-08-2018, 02:26 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
And why do you assume I made no attempt and didn't ever have any suicidal tendencies? You know what, just forget it. I'm not going to discuss anything personal about me and my issues here with you or anyone else, so let's just respectfully agree to disagree if that won't be too much to ask.
That sounds like a plan.
Old 19-08-2018, 04:14 PM
Ascender
We all die, this is a fact.
How we die is destined.
Most of suicide attempts are not successful and it teaches the "suicide survivor" unforgettable gratitude of life.
And those who succeed on their suicide teach others through their deaths.
Old 19-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Experiencer
A powerful medium once told me that when a person commits suicide, such as because they suffered a lot from depression and/or other mental disorders, it's basically treated as an illness on the other side. On the same plane as cancer, and other debilitating physical illnesses, so to speak. So that when they pass away and start their process of healing, they can be at peace with being balanced and heal from past traumas. Though every situation is different for each and every individual, this is all part of the "moving on" process. BUT this is also dangerous info... because if more and more people see this info as a calming view of suicide, then they will no longer have qualms or hesitations about it, maybe even see comfort in this, and no longer keep trying to live or heal while actually living in the physical world. That being said... you should never judge someone's reasons for why they committed suicide until you fully understand what they have been going through, how much internal/external pain they have been suffering, and "spent a day walking in their shoes", essentially. So, selfish? No. Cowardly? Definitely not.
Old 19-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Master

Presuming that consciousness and personality survive the death of the physical body, I sometimes wonder what someone who has committed suicide thinks and feels as they review the mess they have left behind.

Perhaps they do go to a place of healing where they can find peace. Or perhaps they bitterly regret what they have done, knowing that they cannot go back and undo it.

But maybe from the perspective of Consciousness, it is simply another life experience and there are lessons to be learned, both for the person who commits suicide and for those left behind. There will be other opportunities to come.

Is suicide cowardly? Perhaps cowardly is the wrong word. Presumably someone commits suicide because they hope it will be the end of all their problems. What if it solves nothing? Maybe one day the survival of consciousness after physical death will be an accepted fact, and then killing the physical body will not be considered as a possible solution or an escape.

Peace.
Old 20-08-2018, 08:05 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for your replies to my post, SlayerofLight and Greenslade.

Nice connecting with you guys.
Old 20-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botticella22
That being said... you should never judge someone's reasons for why they committed suicide until you fully understand what they have been going through, how much internal/external pain they have been suffering, and "spent a day walking in their shoes", essentially. So, selfish? No. Cowardly? Definitely not.
"There but for the Grace of God go I"
I's easy to judge, it's easy to harbour prejudice but what the people judging really don't understand is that their judgement says absolutely nothing about the person who committed suicide and it says everything about the person that said it. It also shows a total lack of empathy, sympathy and is a true 'measure' of how Spiritual they really are. All for the sake of ignorance.
Old 20-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But maybe from the perspective of Consciousness, it is simply another life experience and there are lessons to be learned, both for the person who commits suicide and for those left behind.
Which is what nobody has thought about.
Old 20-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Presuming that consciousness and personality survive the death of the physical body, I sometimes wonder what someone who has committed suicide thinks and feels as they review the mess they have left behind.

Perhaps they do go to a place of healing where they can find peace. Or perhaps they bitterly regret what they have done, knowing that they cannot go back and undo it.

But maybe from the perspective of Consciousness, it is simply another life experience and there are lessons to be learned, both for the person who commits suicide and for those left behind. There will be other opportunities to come.

Is suicide cowardly? Perhaps cowardly is the wrong word. Presumably someone commits suicide because they hope it will be the end of all their problems. What if it solves nothing? Maybe one day the survival of consciousness after physical death will be an accepted fact, and then killing the physical body will not be considered as a possible solution or an escape.

Peace.
What about Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations? If there is such a thing then isn't suicide just as valid a way as ending your Journey as any other? What makes committing suicide any less of a valid experience for Spirit than being Spiritual for instance? What people also don't seem to think about is that if there is Free Will, surely suicide is an expression of that because people go on their own terms.

One of the main questions I have is can someone actually go 'before their time?" I've known a couple of people who have attempted suicide and have survived against some pretty incredible odds, doesn't synchronicity happen with suicide too in that there would be a prevention? Or if it happens?

If we call those people cowards and condemn them what does that say about us as (so-called in this case it seems) Spiritual people? Aren't we supposed to Love them anyway, if we have no sympathy, empathy and nothing but judgement and prejudice what does that say about us as people?
Old 21-08-2018, 12:25 AM
Master

We can certainly love people who commit suicide. I just question the value of killing yourself as a lifestyle choice.

Peace.
Old 21-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
We can certainly love people who commit suicide. I just question the value of killing yourself as a lifestyle choice.

Peace.
Lifestyle choice? I'm guessing you've never been in that situation, if not pray that you never find yourself there.