Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 25-02-2015, 04:59 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
I don't remember the spaghetti thing I don't think.

Spaghettification is a scientific term that describes what happens to an object when it enters a black hole. As it falls, the gravity stretches it until its spaghetti-like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Also, the whole time warp thing confused me a bit though. I understand parts of it but if he was suppose to be over 100 years old why didn't he look that way? (s

Einstein figured out that the presence of g-force on an object causes time to pass more slowly for that object. They were caught in the gravitational field of the black hole which caused increased acceleration hence time passed by more slowly while they were affected by the gravity of the black hole. They didn't age because for them only a few hours passed.

Last edited by inspirit : 02-02-2016 at 07:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry_F
what did you guys (+girls) think of this film?

I'm not the biggest Christopher Nolan fan, but I found this quite a powerful emotional experience. If you haven't seen it, let's say the theme of Love runs like a central and powerful thread through it.

Good movie. Extremely well done. But that's where it ends for me
Old 05-03-2015, 12:01 PM
Deactivated Account
I was very disappointed. It was over hyped to me. It had good bits in it but in general it was slow and failed to deliver.
Old 05-03-2015, 12:16 PM
Master
I thought the concept had potential and was watchable but overall I was left unsatisfied. Kind of trying to be a bit like "Contact" I thought...in it's epicness rather than story. If you've nothing else to watch it's a one timer. I tried for twice but gave up.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Guide
One problem with this movie is that the g-force required to cause any significant amount of time dilation would literally flatten a person. Also wormholes don't exist.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:00 AM
Seeker

I was entertained and especially excited by the attempt to posit a "theory" that "love" supercedes, interlaces, travels within and between all dimensions. Love is not bound by time or space. If science would recognize this it might be able to figure out the "stuff that binds us all," the ether, the matrix of Creation, the thing that is faster than (and not bound by) the speed of light.

I LOVED Hans Zimmer's soundtrack--and the story of it's formation is fascinating! (You can Google the YouTube presentation of the film being present in London with a live orchestra/band/choir/organist performing the score along with the movie on the screen.)
Old 22-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Pathfinder

By far one of the most beautiful and well made movie. Visual effects were stunning. The script and screenplay was astounding and beautiful. 5/5
Old 21-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Seeker

I thought that if you were willing to buy into the 'suspension of disbelief' thing and not analyze the science of the movie too much, it was actually pretty cool.

However, the science was obviously sloppy and if you come from a science/engineering background you will find it difficult to digest. I've found that even many sci-fi fans found that the movie took too much freedom with the science of Black Holes and what not despite all claims to the opposite by its makers.
Old 24-11-2016, 07:30 AM
Deactivated Account
Best movie so far! watched it so many times already . Also a week before I watched it in theatre, I had a dream I was in the world same as the ending of the movie. Holy mind f*ck!! 💜😌
Old 30-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Ascender

It was good but not the classic its made out to be