Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 30-11-2010, 09:43 PM
nietsdoen

Weird thing hooked onto ex boyfriend?

My spiritual friend told me after I broke up with my boyfriend that he had had something hooked onto him, some sort of baggage, that she didn’t feel comfortable alone with him, and that she didn’t tell me because she trusted my judgment of people. This morning I saw him and we exchanged our things. He gave me the cd and the dvd and I gave him the pictures. Then I told him about how he had something hooked onto him, and that it wasn’t evil, and he could get rid of it if he wanted. I was going to tell him how, but then he stopped me and said he didn’t need any advice. I told him to ask for his spirit guide’s help, and he didn’t say anything. I told him not to be afraid of it, that it’s something emotional, and he said he knows he has baggage and issues, and I said that it’s something spiritual too. Then he told me that he knows about it, and I asked if he always knew. He said yes. At this point I was very creeped out. I told him I always sensed this about him, but never thought of it much. I asked him if he had wanted to tell me, and he nodded. I asked him if he’d tried to get rid of it before, and he said he knew how he could get rid of it all by himself, but that it’s more complicated than that. I felt so weirded out at this point, and I asked him why he doesn’t just get rid of it. He said, once again, that it’s more complicated than that. I asked him what it was, and he told me that it’s not important. At this point, I knew I had to leave the car, so I told him I hope he has a good day and thank you for coming, I knew it was hard, and he said he just wanted to sit with me a little longer, that he wouldn’t ever see me after this. I said that I really had to get going, and he asked for just two more minutes. I said, I’m sorry, but I really have to go. He looked so sad when I said that, but I had a compelling urge to get out of that car as fast as possible. I left and gave him a little smile.
I felt bad for leaving so quickly. I wasn’t trying to be mean to him, but I just was feeling so creeped out? What do you guys think?
Old 30-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Summerland

I think that you folloed your instincts, which were correct. He knew about it, you were in an intimate relationship, but he did not share it. Worse of all, it sounds like he is just as attached to it as it is to him.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Lostgirl

I think you did the right thing. You felt uncomfortable and by the sounds of it unsafe and in that case you did the right thing.

It is his problem that he has baggage and the fact he doesnt seem to want to get rid of it makes the situation a whole lot harder for you. You need to take care of yourself and he wouldnt allow you to do this. Take care of yourself, from what you have said he sounds like a self destructive person.

It is hard leaving someone when they are clearly so sad, i have been there and know how you feel, but in the end you know something wasnt right and thats why you left. Trust your instincts and dont feel bad about taking care of yourself.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:52 PM
nietsdoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
I think that you folloed your instincts, which were correct. He knew about it, you were in an intimate relationship, but he did not share it. Worse of all, it sounds like he is just as attached to it as it is to him.
Thank you for your insight. I think the part that creeps me out the most is that we were together for a year, and it definitely affected me in different ways during this time (considering our intimacy), and he never told me. I'm really glad that he's out of my life now, though.
Old 30-11-2010, 09:56 PM
nietsdoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I think you did the right thing. You felt uncomfortable and by the sounds of it unsafe and in that case you did the right thing.

It is his problem that he has baggage and the fact he doesnt seem to want to get rid of it makes the situation a whole lot harder for you. You need to take care of yourself and he wouldnt allow you to do this. Take care of yourself, from what you have said he sounds like a self destructive person.

It is hard leaving someone when they are clearly so sad, i have been there and know how you feel, but in the end you know something wasnt right and thats why you left. Trust your instincts and dont feel bad about taking care of yourself.
Thank you. Yeah, I do need to take care of myself, and he actually didn't seem to understand that much when we were together :p. I always sensed he had issues, but I never knew they ran this deep.
Old 30-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Master
you made a good move, getting out of there fast...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 AM
MasterRishi

He didn't want to get rid of it because he had a relationship with it. A symbiotic relationship, if you will. I know it's tough to hear that, but it's what I see in regards to his energy. He has something attached to him, but it's not there uninvited. He asked for that bond.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:17 PM
nietsdoen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRishi
He didn't want to get rid of it because he had a relationship with it. A symbiotic relationship, if you will. I know it's tough to hear that, but it's what I see in regards to his energy. He has something attached to him, but it's not there uninvited. He asked for that bond.
Interesting. Thank you for your insight!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Celeste

I think my former husband sometimes has such a thing. Where, it is more comfortable being sick and getting sympathy than it is to do the right thing.