Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 01-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Charmed Fool

Oracle cards?

I've always read tarot cards, I never had or experienced an oracle deck (or singular card) in any way. I am very lost when it comes to oracle cards. Not to sound completely out of the loop, but are different decks for different subjects/situations? What types are out there? Do you read them in a similar way to tarot cards? Thank you everyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:24 AM
green

hi charmed.

there are different decks of oracle cards, some state for specific topics like healing- never tried those, don't know, also never tried the angel- deck- kinds, never spoke to me.

i do have unicorn oracle cards, and fairy ring oracle deck, and some gypsy oracle decks, maybe i have few more, don't remember at the moment, it just say i don't use them that often :)
all of these decks i use just as i use tarot cards.
i just look at the images and see what comes up,
yes, there are books and explanations and formal meanings.. so you can use the books if you like, or just listen to your heart and the cards.

i can say it only about myself, but when i need a message i use the oracle cards, if i have a question or a clear topic in mind i use the tarot cards. is it a rule, nop, but this is how it works for me.

what are you looking for?

G
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Charmed Fool

Thank you! I am not looking for anything per se, I just have always stuck to tarot cards :) I just love to try new things. again, thank you very much!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:37 AM
AngelicOrin

I have always picked the oracle decks that attract me, for example, all my decks are with the Archangels and Ascended Masters/Goddesses - all by Doreen Virtue as well.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Ivy

Like others here, I choose an oracle card deck by intuition...and when I read...the intuition of which deck to use is as much part of the reading as the cards themselves. I prefer oracle cards than tarot simply because I feel more freedom to read the pictures intuitively. There are many different ones...I have trees, animals, crystal, ascended masters, angels, fairies, atlantis. I have a deck of lenormand cards too.....they are very special, they almost have a story on each card.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Charmed Fool

Oh wow, I would really like to get a deck for myself. Would there be any recommendations as far as someone completely new to reading them?
Old 03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Ivy

No one else can really reccommend cards for you. Have a look around and trust your intuition....and when you feel drawn to a deck, then get those ones.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
green

as heather said. you need to see what feels best for you.

G
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Charmed Fool

As I was thinking; thank you very much everyone. :)
Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Fool
I've always read tarot cards, I never had or experienced an oracle deck (or singular card) in any way. I am very lost when it comes to oracle cards. Not to sound completely out of the loop, but are different decks for different subjects/situations? What types are out there? Do you read them in a similar way to tarot cards? Thank you everyone.

To give a basic idea. Some will take the major arcane out of the tarot deck and only use them for readings to have an oracle type reading setup from them.

The idea with oracle is each card has its own specific meaning and as with Tarot looking into the picture is the main key to reading it, or what you feel and get from the card leading to the pictures direction.

There are different oracle decks focusing on different areas .. so unlike tarot where you have all the different themes a few changes but basically keep with minor/major arcane ... You can get oracle cards for specific purposes.

First two i came across was

Wisdom of the hidden realms oracle - bought this for a more of a wisdom/direction type reading

and Angel therapy oracle cards - for more of a healing type deck with that type of field.

Theres a ton out there ones like faerie oracle and the like.. Each comes with its own book explaining each card and meaning as well :) they are normally much more indepth then the little booklets you get with tarot.

I would say goto a shop and look around and see what you think most suites you )