Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Old 07-01-2006, 04:19 PM
Space_Man

The Matrix films

(The Architect): "Hope. It is the quintessential human delusion, simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness."

Last edited by Space_Man : 13-02-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:35 PM
imported_devolution

Perhaps the greatest weakness of hope is when it becomes an expectation...
Old 07-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolution
Perhaps the greatest weakness of hope is when it becomes an expectation...

Devolution: Ahhhh! but, surely, then it's no longer "hope"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_Man
I welcome anyone to join-in.
Yes please, Mr Space_Man Sir!!!!

I'd love to discuss the Matrix films!

I love the films! I've learnt so much from them, and there's so much more to learn! :)
Old 08-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Space_Man

Let
Old 08-01-2006, 06:40 PM
imported_devolution

Whether intentional or not, I feel The Matrix highlighted the current plight of how we live our lives today...

We are 'asleep', most of us, thinking that what we see with our own eyes is all there is. We focus mainly on the physical and material, and few of us really take the spiritual side seriously :(.
If only people saw beyond the surface more, saw what truly, really mattered in this life, then we wouldn't feel so imprisoned in our physical bodies - in our lives... We wouldn't have to look to TV, Video Games, Drugs, Alcohol, Smoking to blot out that nagging sensation of there being something more, that there is something we are missing - we would instead be exploring it...

Sometimes, it can be hard to know the truths, and follow the spiritual path - that guy in the restaurant springs to mind - the one who said 'Ignorance is Bliss', deftly eating a steak, when he wanted to back to the Matrix in exchange for giving up his comrades. I guess he highlights the plight of some people on the path - sometimes it's just easier to 'fit in' with the known, rather than be troubled of the greater unknown/unseen. But then of course, there is no true fulfilment...

There is so much symbolism and imagery in The Matrix, that discussions could go on for hours, days, weeks, months, years ;) about how it relates to spiritual ideas and beliefs...

The 'freedom fighters' could easily be akin to those today who try and open people's eyes up, with books, films, healing, talks etc. - trying to free them from the binds of the material way...
Old 09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Sometimes, it can be hard to know the truths, and follow the spiritual path - that guy in the restaurant springs to mind - the one who said 'Ignorance is Bliss', deftly eating a steak, when he wanted to back to the Matrix in exchange for giving up his comrades.
Yes: Cypher.

That was interesting, wasn
Old 09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
imported_devolution

I've seen all of them, but probably like most people, only really found the first one to be 'groundbreaking', as it were.
The others had their own interesting concepts like the 'Architect' and more... But I feel the sequels were mainly that... Just sequels to cash in... I'm sure they could have easily condensed both films into one... There was far too much trundling and eye-candy...
Old 09-01-2006, 08:47 PM
sashwah

I thought it was pretty damn good actually, although i must admit.. i lost it a bit when the Architect was explaining what had been going on. I thought well, what does it matter then, if we just keep coming back to the same point.. but maybe i missed it... the point. I agree with the religious aspects of it.. Zion? How could you not! However, i thought it was a jolly good jape and i've wanted to be Trinity ever since! ( alway's fancied Keanu anyway... especially in all that leather!)
You all seem to have watched it a lot more than i have, i may even blow the dust off it this week and settle in to watch it... with a notepad an pencil! Lol!
Sorry for lowering the tone of the discussion... i came over all peculiar!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
I've seen all of them, but probably like most people, only really found the first one to be 'groundbreaking', as it were.
The others had their own interesting concepts like the 'Architect' and more... But I feel the sequels were mainly that... Just sequels to cash in... I'm sure they could have easily condensed both films into one... There was far too much trundling and eye-candy...
Well, let
Old 09-01-2006, 10:46 PM
sashwah

O.k, i did miss the point. |However, i'm not going to get into a discussion right now because i wouldn't know what i was talking about. I'm going to watch the films, i have them all so i might do a marathon run at it. You may not hear from me tomorrow until i come on late at night babbling like a crazy person..... You have been warned! :glasses5: .