Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 22-03-2011, 02:08 PM
The Feather

Death

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to put this ... but I have a question concering death.

As long as I have lived (I think) I have on rare occations felt I was dead when sleeping. And I have through out my life scared a few people because I was not breathing in my sleep and they thought I was dead. It supposedly only lasted very short, because no one have ever gotten to the point of actually calling an ambulance on me

Any way this I experience more and more now within the last 3-4 months it has happend 2-3 times a week that I know of my self. I can remember I have been dead (In my early days I did not have any memory of it).

It is not anything that worry me, but people around me does not have that feeling, so I just wonder if anyone here experience this? (- and no it is not a dream I still do not breath when it happens).

Does anyone know about this and why it happens?
Old 22-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Master
sleep apnea?
Old 22-03-2011, 02:28 PM
The Feather

Thank you Internal Queries - after reading your answer I went on the net to read about sleep apnea.

What I found by reading is that the symptoms does not seem to fit to me.

I should say that once I dated a person who did first aid and he told me that I stopped breathing and had no heartbeat either - he really thought I was dead.
Old 22-03-2011, 02:39 PM
Master
Sleep apnea is pretty common and your heart does stop. You might want to have test done. People who have it do not get good nights sleep.
I wouldn't write it off too quickily.
James
Old 22-03-2011, 02:58 PM
The Feather

Thank you WhiteShaman. I do sleep very well though and just don't seem to have any of the symptoms of sleep apnea. I will look into it though.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Murciélago

It is always best to look for a material cause before a spiritual one. In my faith Thantos and Hypnos (gods of sleep and death) are twin brothers. When looking for a spiritual definition are spirits drawn to you and/or do you have a family history of mediumship/necromancy/clairvoyance?
Old 22-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Scibat

Trust me. Its 99% likely Sleep Apnea. You don't have to have all the symptoms for it to be that, you stop breathing in your sleep, that is a big symptom right there -- I have it as well. I sleep equally well (or poorly) on nights when I stop breathing as when I don't and have strange vivid dreams frequently -- Even recently a dream where I was dead and riding in a car with someone who I knew was death himself.

I know it can be hard to accept a mundane answer for something you think is anything but mundane, but usually that is all there is.
Old 22-03-2011, 03:37 PM
The Feather

Hi Murciélago

Personally I think there is a spiritual answer for all "material causes", but I do hear what you, WhiteShaman and Internal Queries is saying. In my heart I do however not believe it to be sleep apnea, and I take my heart very seriously

You ask if spirits are drawn to me? If you asked me that question 2 years ago I would have said yes, but know thinking back, I believe it was partly me who was drawn to them. Now I don't know .... if I want to I can feel "dead people", angels etc, but if they are necessarily drawn to me, I don't know.

Then you ask me about my family history - if there is any history of mediumship/necromancy/clairvoyance? I'm the only one in my family who have ever admitted to being sensitive like that - however I do believe that my now dead grandmother used to "see" things, but she never spoke about it. The rest of my family on my mothers side are absolutely terrified of anything to do with this, so in that respect I do think they are sensitive to energies like me.

Old 22-03-2011, 03:44 PM
The Feather

Thank you Scibat
You write: Trust me. Its 99% likely Sleep Apnea. You don't have to have all the symptoms for it to be that, you stop breathing in your sleep, that is a big symptom right there -- I have it as well. I sleep equally well (or poorly) on nights when I stop breathing as when I don't and have strange vivid dreams frequently -- Even recently a dream where I was dead and riding in a car with someone who I knew was death himself.

I don't dream I am dead - I am dead. I wish I could explain by words the place I go to, but there is no words for describing emptyness. Most of my life I have desperately wanted to go home. For the last couple of months I realize that I am home - the place I go to when I die I can feel within me now when I am awake and that to me feels like home.

You wrote: I know it can be hard to accept a mundane answer for something you think is anything but mundane, but usually that is all there is.

I have had enough weird experiences in my life - that having a mundane answer actually would be nice
Old 22-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Master
My experience has been to find "reasons" or "causes" if you will for various illnesses.
You know when you have found one though.
This is from a site that lists some causes. Thought you might find it interesting.

http://www.mindsync.com/lam/root.htm

Sleep Apnea
Sleep Disorders
All sleep disorders are caused by neurological interference or by hormone over-secretion resulted by unresolved conflict. The hypothalamus gland controls sleep patterns. With regard to sleep apnea it would have its root in deaf and dumb spirit. Someone who has great depression, great occultism, false religion, or somewhere along the way they have opened the door. We are to Cast out the demons, not bind them! (Mathew 18)
Proverbs 3:21-24 "When you attain and acquire wisdom and understanding, and discretion THEN when you lied down your sleep shall be sweet."