Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 29-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Knower

How do we know that NDE are real and not brain fighting for survival (DMT) ?

Hey,

While I was surfing the web I encountered an article stating that "A DMT trip 'feels like dying' - and scientists now agree" (see BBC for source) . Stating that basically NDEs are brain hallucinations as it is trying to survive and is lacking oxygen. People who experienced DMT claimed similar feelings to NDEs such as "My body just didn't seem relevant any more" or that a Christian might see Jesus that says it is not their time, based on the subconscious, an atheist might not experience anything, and a person who misses his or her family might see some of them also based on the subconscious as it was induced. Seems that scientists are now skeptic about NDEs and Raymond Moody's work since they found this DMT effect.

This made me wonder, are NDEs really a byproduct of DMT ( N,N-Dimethyltryptamine, chemical in brain) kicking in as the brain is desperate for survival? What do you think? Are DMT and NDE related? How can we know that NDEs are real and not hallucinations of the brain, in the sense that they can prove an afterlife, another dimension, and not just a byproduct of DMT?
Old 29-01-2019, 10:36 AM
Administrator
Well I know that was is being said is a load of rubbish. I have had three NDE and each time I was met by someone twice by my guide once by my grandmother.and was told it was not my time and that I had to go back,
plus I am a medium and I speak to spirit and have validated to others what their loved ones have said including having NDE.
that is my opinion.

Namaste
Old 29-01-2019, 11:37 AM
Master

Dmt is called the spirit molecule for a reason, because that is exactly what it is. It is what enables us to connect to higher realities and have experiences like Clairvoyance, Telepathy, Remote Viewing and communication with higher-dimensional beings. Like I said before, there is connecting tissue between NDEs, OBEs and Lucid Dreams. It is DMT.

This mysterious molecule has a physical aspect to it, but its spiritual aspect is more mysterious still. It is what pours into the brain as liquid light when one experiences a Kundalini Awakening for instance. Ancient Indians called it Soma or Amrita. The Ancient Greeks knew it as Nectar or Ambrosia. It is the food of the gods, which sustains their shining light-bodies. There are many stories in ancient myth about the gods trying to obtain this mysterious substance, such as the Churning of the Milk Ocean.

I don’t want to go too deep into the physics of Soma, suffice to say, it does not fall into the spectrum of the universe visible to us, or any of the four states of matter currently known to science. It constitutes a fifth state of matter, similar to plasma (it is hot, liquid and coherent light), which is higher-dimensional and falls into the spectrum of Dark Matter/Energy, or in other words the 95 percent of the universe that remains completely invisible to us. Dark is a misnomer, because it is actually incredibly bright and luminous.

I would say that this actually proves that Soma/DMT is much more than a physical molecule, it is what connects us to the beyond, therefore its presence in NDE-s is not only what you would expect to happen, it actually confirms its interdimensional nature. Materialist scientists are completely stumped when they stumble upon higher-dimensional phenomena, because they don’t yet have the tools to observe, let alone understand these higher realms. I personally like to stick to my own observations, we all have the senses to perceive higher dimensions, therefore we should use them and leave scientists stuck in 3-D gross matter behind. We can do so much better than them, because we don’t shut ourselves off from perceiving higher dimensions.
Old 29-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
Seems that scientists are now skeptic about NDEs and Raymond Moody's work since they found this DMT effect.

The scientific approach tends to consider the universe and the human body as physical phenomena, and they do not accept the idea of subtle bodies or other dimensions. By this model, consciousness, personality, the mind and thinking are all somehow produced by the brain. When the brain stops working then consciousness, personality, etc also cease. Therefore the only explanation they can offer for OBEs and NDEs is that these experiences are all produced within the brain. Hence the idea that NDEs are brain hallucinations as it fights to survive.

Susan Blackmore is typical of this approach, as she tries to explain consciousness and all out of body experiences in terms of brain activity. She may be highly praised by some, but her ideas are very limited.

Dr Eben Alexander is a brain surgeon who used to dismiss accounts of NDEs by his patients, thinking that although they might feel real, such experiences were last-ditch fantasies produced by the dying brain. Then he had a brain illness which meant that he was in a coma in intensive care and his brain stopped functioning for seven days. During this time he had all sorts of out-of-body experiences, meeting a guide and visiting other dimensions. When he suddenly recovered he tried to tell his colleagues about his experiences, only to be dismissed just as he had previously dismissed his own patients' accounts.

So I pay little attention to the beliefs of science. Their theories are just beliefs, and scientists tend to interpret the facts to fit their theories. Until eventually some fact turns up which cannot be explained, and then they have three options:
  1. they may dismiss these new facts as being impossible,
  2. or they may come up with a ludicrous explanation which allows them to keep their theories unchanged,
  3. or they may finally adjust their theories to accommodate such new information.

Peace.
Old 29-01-2019, 10:38 PM
Administrator
Hello

I have a much different NDE experience and I have met others that have had similar to mine. Where its not a life and death fight, its not a case where your on the operating table fighting for life or sick and fighting for life. You do not know that there is a struggle at all.

I was 21 years old and I was doing something dark and was given a lesson. I fell face first down 18 stairs landing on the cement slab on the shattering all my teeth. I remember screaming out to call an ambulance (this was at my best friends house they drove me to the hospital and left me at the door). What I yelled out I later learned was "I will not die".

I was given a choice in that experience to change the path that I was on, to stop in the darkness I was playing in to be given a firm choice in coming back to life. I had to change the path, to use whom and what I was to help others. It was clear if I did not change my path, the next time I would die.

It was over a year in recovery so I did change my ways. I have often looked back on that day, and I truly feel it was a lesson event. Not one where you see the Light and Tunnel and talk with God. More this was a true lesson, where I had a choice to make, I remember the conversation with someone but not sure their role.

I know for sure that it was not imagination as I am well aware of my abilities in the Paranormal Realms and Astral Worlds.

Lynn

Lynn
Old 31-01-2019, 01:49 AM
Newbie ;)

My brain was not starved for oxygen since I had a fully functional cardio respiratory system. My NDE/STE I suspect happened prior to me regaining full consciousness and manifested soon thereafter.
Old 31-01-2019, 02:00 AM
Master

I dont think you can be 100 % on any thing . A number of people think we are just code on a computer , a v.r. universe , Tom Campbell for one( my big T.O.E.) . Both Moody and Sam Parnia did N.D.E. studies . Our discussion of Parnia on astral pulse .
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t43307.0.html
Old 01-02-2019, 05:41 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
I dont think you can be 100 % on any thing . A number of people think we are just code on a computer , a v.r. universe , Tom Campbell for one( my big T.O.E.) . Both Moody and Sam Parnia did N.D.E. studies . Our discussion of Parnia on astral pulse .

So if we just code on a computer, what happens with us after we die?
Old 01-02-2019, 08:52 PM
Newbie ;)

I read Dr Alexander's book after my NDE/STE to try and determine what happened to me. We had much in common with regards to feelings, needs and desires after our experiences. Then I read Dr. Santori's book on The Transformative Power of Near Death Experiences. It reinforced those same feelings.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:05 PM
Master
During my NDE during which I emerged symptom-free from a 3-day "irreversible coma", I experienced some of the admittedly subjective stuff that has been alluded to in prior posts.

However, during my NDE, I was able to see my brother and sister down the hallway and could accurately describe what they were wearing despite the fact that they never entered the room where I lay "dying".

How is that "remote viewing" verifiable objective experience addressed in the DMT theory ?