Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-04-2011, 05:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Actually many of those pills do bring on a danger and that is in some instances those pills increase depression and bring about suicidal tendencies. However that does not mean they should not be used if they are in dire need. And as you said a person that has firmly set their mind on what they want will not be easy to sway to a different opinion. No matter how many pills, or talks they are given until they decide differently things may not change for them. That is when support, love, and comfort come into play.

Is their a "cure" if there was this would not be an issue. The only thing that we can do is support and love them and be with them when they need it. Most in those shoes feel they are alone, and perhaps if they new they weren't it may help them.

That's why I said (I mentioned only lorazepam which is not an antidepressant that I'm aware of), I simply believe the drug co's and the rest of the hierarchy treat the gp as their lab, we are their guinea pigs. Personally, I was amazed at how lorazepam helped me and I'm not suicidal, they gave it to me to help sleep And to help relieve anxiety and it worked very well. A woman at work said it worked great for her when she went on vacation (she doesn't fly well). So, something like that could help a person get over anxiety spells and make a difference in their lives.

Old 30-04-2011, 03:44 PM
LIFE

Quote:
I was merely showing what could happen if people hold on to fear upon passing..

Right, but we just don't know what, if anything, happens upon death.

To say something may happen, is the equivalent of saying that the same event may not happen, which is in essence saying nothing at all.

Quote:
I was stating that just because you die does not mean you become someone else...Your thoughts will carry with you until you let go of them.

You are implying a continuation of experience post-death, which is pure speculation. It is wholly unconvincing that there is anything after death, much less that you carry your thoughts with you, or that there will be a you to carry them.

Quote:
You are who you are.

What about those who posit that there is, in fact, no you at all?

Quote:
I never said you would go to a void of nothingness

Ok, you said "possibly into a void of nothingness." Either way, the implications are the same. There could be no such state of ending up in a void of nothingness anyways. As if nothingness could be experienced.

Quote:
Those that end up in such places end up because that is what they want to believe.

Ok, so if one believes that it is possible for them to "end up in such places" (i.e., that they could or should go there), it is this very belief that could actually put them there.

You evidently believe, or want to believe, that its possible to end up in such places such as a "void of nothingness." According to your very own logic then, this very belief that you have (the belief that its possible, that is) could allow you to end up in such a place. No?

So, on this basis, for those who don't invest any belief in such groundless speculations, ending up in such places wouldn't occur.