Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-04-2011, 12:31 PM
deepsea

I'm back,Mac!

Just catching up with the subject again,had a read back to get the point again.

Carry on.

Let's just say there are more things going on in heaven and earth than we know down here.
(so the old saying goes)

The mind as we know it,is beyond comprehension.
Even today,with the knowledge that we have.
Imagine what knowledge the spirit world must have,against our pitiful contributions here.

Imagine the ways and the means they must know to contact us.

Deepsea
Old 17-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
or do you view beings on other dimensions? aliens faeres etc etc

does seeing those beings fall under meduimship as well?

Hello

Lets simply start back at the first place and questions posed.

Taking it word by work here. When I look at the word "aliens" like most the first image that pops into one's head is "Little Green Men". NOW that is but one image or thougth on an alien. For man to think that in all the vastness of space and the universe we be but alone is a very shallow thought. Man too at times thinks that the idea of inter dimentional travel or vast distance space travel is not possible one has to maybe stop and think on another life form not needed a vessel in which to travel in. One might well already be the vessel they need.

We as humans understand so very little on the "mind" we have ( in mind I mean Soul ) we at times can communicate without even knowing it another. Its that little voice at times we hear. A whisper on the wind, a voice that wakes us for seemingly NO reason. Yet most of us simply carry on and do not take the time to open to hear them. Too at times one does not want to hear them.

When one thinks on interdimentional beings such as Fairies one's mind might well go to our childrens nursery rhymes and stories we were told or we read to our children now. What we wonder on at times is did such stores as they have been passed down for many a generation have some basis in fact.

We know from the fossel records T Rex for example was very much real, and if one looks at the image of a Dragon one can see a similarity, yet we feel Dragon's are not real. Just becasue something leaves no physical marks to show us they are real does not mean they are not.

I have many things even in me back yard I can not explain away. Little dancing lights at the first light. NOT insects, flashes of images at times accross the window I sit and look out of. I saw a "Troll" once for lack of a better word to call him. (NO not under a bridge). I was on the way to the grocery store and this man was yelling to me "no one see's it, no one see's it, I was told I was nuts, you, you will be able to see it, be careful." and he got in his car and drove off. I was thinking OK he was in the liquor store and had too much or came out of the pub. I walked on, I rounded the corner and there standing by the trash can was a Troll. He looked right at me and smiled. Other's were going by not noting him there at all. He was picking at his long and very not nice nails. I even too a paper from me purse and went to put it in the trash can to see if he was a physical person. He was not physical but there.

I know some that talk with Gargoyles and they are very much a protector that comes to us at times. How did they come to be place around important buildings if no one had maybe interacted with them ? have to wonder. While I have never talked to a Dragon I have seen them in the sky and flown with them in Astral. In Astral we can travel feely with many a being. For Astral Travel Lessons I often use Pegasus the Winged Horse to safely takes one's out on. Giving them that something solid to hand onto and to transprot them safely. Very much a real interdimentional creature.

Does seeing and communicateing with inter dimentional being or aliens come under Mediumship, I would have to say on some levels YES. The door of what a Medium is of late is being stretched more and more. As it should if we are to take away much of the mystery from one's that can comune with the dead. We on some level can all do that but it might well not be right for our path to do so is all. We fear death at times and the unknown, as we fear at times beings from other Worlds. Its a natural human trait fear.

When I am asked about being a Medium and what I do in that place I say I am but a tool for communications. In that its not all "human" communications. While that rises many an eye brow so be it. I can see and hear many a being at times, I simply embrace that they are as real as I feel I be.

The origial meaning of Mediumship was the sitters that would have a Spirit enter them and they would speak though that one. At times having ectorplasm come from their bodies. Real or not whom is to say, more it was simply communications.

Lynn
Old 20-04-2011, 11:33 AM
mattie

Psychic Communication & Spirit Contact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Lol hi Mattie :) .. apologies - I suppose I did get a bit carried away .. oops

No apology necessary. I’ve been in the same position of discussing an issue for the 100th time & having it be new territory to those who have just popped in on the discussion who are curious about more information or another’s perspective.

What you describe about sorting out whether one is communicating w/ a spirit (departed nonphysical human energy) for a sitter or just picking up on the person’s psychic energies is similar to how one sorts out whether a communication is self’s own thoughts or visiting w/ HS.

Thank you for providing more info. about these nuances.
Old 29-04-2011, 06:20 AM
Georgia

Allow me to preface this by saying I am Dennisoc's wife. I am a medium, clairveverrything. I am a pretty easy going medium, so I let them choose whatever means of communication works best for them. Them being disincarnates.

In terms of true medium communication, I think we are ok with the defintions of incarnate and disincarnate as long as we include, in the disincarnate definition - the spirit being out of body AND the possibility of the body still being alive. As long as incarnate and disincarnate are only referring to the spirit being either in or out of the body at the moment of communication, regardless of the physical wellbeing of the body - speaking to coma patients etc, does not in any way go against the classical view of mediumship. As for the communication happening between beings on different dimensions, I see no discrepancy there either. If we are again, keeping the focus on the location of the spirit being either in or out of body at the moment of communication, out of body would instrinsically mean in a different dimension.

From a spiritualist perspective, "A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism. (1914)" No mention at all of the state of the body. From what I understand, the spirit world is here and there.

So, that means, (to me anyway :)) that mediumistic communication can and does occur with the medium passing on information from disincarnates (whose bodies are still living) to incarnates. It's just that pesky body that is making things a bit confusing.

All that being said, I can usually tell when I am speaking to someone who's body is still living while they are presenting themselves to me as a disincarnate. They have a tendency to blink on and off when I am looking at them. Because their spirit is still attached to the body to varying degrees, they are not as clear nor as strong a communicator for me, usually. I am still able to have quite clear communiction with many of them though. I would be happy to share examples of this if you think it would be of help.

Maybe we should call them incarnates(spirit in living body), disincarnates (spirit is completely out of body and body is dead) and quasi-incarnates (body is living but spirit is in large part out)

Just my opinion for what its worth.

Peace-
Georgia
Old 29-04-2011, 10:05 AM
mac

Georgia

In terms of true medium communication, On that point I'd respond by saying what's 'true' vs. 'false' and what's a medium.....? I think we are ok with the defintions of incarnate and disincarnate as long as we include, in the disincarnate definition - the spirit being out of body AND the possibility of the body still being alive. I'm not OK with that and prefer the traditional meaning of 'discarnate and 'incarnate'. To widen it to include the notion of spirit communication when in-the-body is a step too far until it's been irrefutably demonstrated..... As long as incarnate and disincarnate are only referring to the spirit being either in or out of the body at the moment of communication, regardless of the physical wellbeing of the body see above.....- speaking to coma patients etc, does not in any way go against the classical view of mediumship. I disagree from the perspective of traditional 'evidential mediumship' where communication is transdimensional...I speak as a Brit but also know the situation in the US. As for the communication happening between beings on different dimensions, I see no discrepancy there either. see above....If we are again, keeping the focus on the location of the spirit being either in or out of body at the moment of communication, out of body would instrinsically mean in a different dimension. principle still not proven

From a spiritualist perspective, "A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism. (1914)" No mention at all of the state of the body. From what I understand, the spirit world is here and there. I think you know as well as I that traditionally the 'spirit world' is taken to be the one in which we live when not incarnate....

So, that means, (to me anyway :)) that mediumistic communication can and does occur with the medium passing on information from disincarnates (whose bodies are still living) to incarnates. It's just that pesky body that is making things a bit confusing. see above....

All that being said, I can usually tell when I am speaking to someone who's body is still living while they are presenting themselves to me as a disincarnate. They have a tendency to blink on and off when I am looking at them. Because their spirit is still attached to the body to varying degrees, they are not as clear nor as strong a communicator for me, usually. I am still able to have quite clear communiction with many of them though. I would be happy to share examples of this if you think it would be of help. I have no reason to doubt what you tell us - only to disagree with your interpretation of what's happening.

Maybe we should call them incarnates(spirit in living body), disincarnates (spirit is completely out of body and body is dead) and quasi-incarnates (body is living but spirit is in large part out) maybe.....

Just my opinion for what its worth. Your contribution is welcome. I'd rather hoped there would be more contributions to establish, or not, how commonplace this mode of communication is. Sadly there have been few responses.

mac
Old 30-04-2011, 04:40 AM
Georgia

Mac -
"I'm not OK with that and prefer the traditional meaning of 'discarnate and 'incarnate'. To widen it to include the notion of spirit communication when in-the-body is a step too far until it's been irrefutably demonstrated....." I do not want to include the notion of spirit communication when the spirit is in the body either. I do want to include the notion of spirit communication while the spirit is out of the body, but the body is still living. I see that as a gross difference.

Are you thinking that perhaps this is more of a telepathy occuring - a sending of thoughts from one mind to another? Interesting, but I am not sure how the theory of telepathy would hold true when considering those whose minds are dead, bodies are living, and are communicating through a medium. Is a brain dead body capable of telepathy involving complex thoughts and communication at a specific time with a medium thousands of miles away without the communication being from spirit? During communication with these particular cases, they also have knowledge beyond that of the body. They are also entering a session which has been declared as "communication with spirit only".

I have never had medium communication with a spirit in the body. I am psychic and telepathic, BUT information coming from those modalities are very different for me. If I hear someone's thoughts (my poor husband gets accused quite often of being a loud thinker), I hear it in such a physical way, I cannot tell it is coming from the mind. I hear it with my physical ears, or so it feels.

I wish others would add to this as well. I would love to hear what other mediums have experienced.
Old 30-04-2011, 07:47 AM
mac

Georgia - italics, mac - in blue

"I do not want to include the notion of spirit communication when the spirit is in the body either. I do want to include the notion of spirit communication while the spirit is out of the body, but the body is still living. I see that as a gross difference." What would you call this communication?

"Are you thinking that perhaps this is more of a telepathy occuring - a sending of thoughts from one mind to another? " Would I be wrong to consider that as a possibility.....? "Interesting, but I am not sure how the theory of telepathy would hold true when considering those whose minds are dead, bodies are living, and are communicating through a medium." I don't remember that scenario in the original discussion but I accept the point... "Is a brain dead body capable of telepathy involving complex thoughts and communication at a specific time with a medium thousands of miles away without the communication being from spirit? During communication with these particular cases, they also have knowledge beyond that of the body. They are also entering a session which has been declared (by whom?) as "communication with spirit only". That would certainly give cause for reflection - do you have documented, authenticated cases?

I have never had medium communication with a spirit in the body. I'm unclear how you define mediumship. I am psychic and telepathic, BUT information coming from those modalities are very different for me.If I hear someone's thoughts (my poor husband gets accused quite often of being a loud thinker), I hear it in such a physical way, I cannot tell it is coming from the mind. I hear it with my physical ears, or so it feels. I guess you're emphasising here that the "medium communication" you experience with spirits not in-the-body feels very different?

"I wish others would add to this as well. I would love to hear what other mediums have experienced." Yes it might add considerably to the discussion.