Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 20-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dar
Heheh , that's precisely why I'm not going to read the thread, because I don't read enough (time constraints) to even bother starting up a good to-read list . Writing, maybe, someday , time allowing , but the way it's going , I'll be doing great to ever translate my dream notes and do the book about work . Ah well, choices and priorities ....I'm certainly not a victim of my circumstance

Hee, hee, Dar!

And goodness, this reminds me I have tons of notes from my (personal) readings to log into the computer! I think that will continue to be near the bottom of my list tho'.. As you note, there are priorities.. For now mine is meditation, but the books are a close 2nd. (speaking of spiritual priorities)..

Good luck with yours (priorities)... I'm sure you'll accomplish what you really want to as you have a wonderful attitude!

Blessings~

Cam/EM
Old 20-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMamma
Hee, hee, Dar!

And goodness, this reminds me I have tons of notes from my (personal) readings to log into the computer! I think that will continue to be near the bottom of my list tho'.. As you note, there are priorities.. For now mine is meditation, but the books are a close 2nd. (speaking of spiritual priorities)..

Good luck with yours (priorities)... I'm sure you'll accomplish what you really want to as you have a wonderful attitude!

Blessings~

Cam/EM

Hi,

My wife reads a lot but I just don't have time for it. It's my lot to be busy , and what's leftover is divided up between playing guitar and a little porking around online . Serious reading and writing are things that mostly reside in the realm of fantasy . Never been much of a formal meditator , getting more in the way of visionary experience and inspiration from Dreamland . Though I could have gone into science (again, a fantasy but not a priority) that there fancy book-learnin' just wasn't for me .

It would be fun to write, I think , to let the dogs loose to roam , but that's another road not taken very far , and the work book would take precedent over Fun Time Stories . Then there's the question of whether or not people actually want to read me , and it's an awful lot of work for the benefit nobody else but me if they don't , and that would even be okay, but I already have that in music .

Then there's the question of whether what others have to say is interesting and useful enough to bother with, and that's a definite "YES !" , but is it more important (to me) to read about others or live and learn about my self ?. Not a case of one being so important that the other isn't , but being me is pretty specific , and really personalized , so it usually has priority

Enough (more than you'll ever need to know ) about that person though ... I've got things to do and covers of books sitting around to look at as I walk by ...
Old 20-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Tsuga

The Interpretation Of Dreams - Freud
Old 21-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Suspended

The Snow Leopard - Peter Matthiessen
Old 21-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Experiencer
Living with the gift - TJ Higgs. Tracy Higgs - Shares her story as well as heart-warming true tales from the afterlife. She also brings a lightness of touch, amazing accuracy and a fantastic sense of humour to her communications with the spirit world. Intuitive, witty and wise, she is a very modern medium.
Old 29-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Master
Man and his Symbols ~ C.G. Jung
Old 30-08-2013, 02:33 PM
helloevo

A Feast for Crows
Old 31-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloevo
A Feast for Crows
I'm reading this one as well. Love the series and the HBO series.
Old 31-08-2013, 08:21 PM
Master
I had a dry spell for a long time, but I read these two murder type mysteries in the past week-and-a-half:

'Double Tap' by Steve Martini

'Simple Genius' by David Baldacci

and now I'm just starting in on a nonfiction:

'Virus of the Mind, The New Science of the Mind' by Richard Brodie.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:54 PM
Master
Incubus by carol goodman