Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-03-2014, 01:32 PM
Knower

Time is a relative term. So yes its possible.
Old 23-03-2014, 05:27 PM
kal76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathersoul
Hi,

You may be right, but what I feel is something I don't manage to translate in words. I had deep feelings when I was a very young child, something special I can't describe. You know I was there but in another mood.
Also when I grew up and discovered things from the 60's-70's, those pictures and feelings from my childhood came back. And they still come back when something activates it, such as music, videos, or anything related to this period.

It's not especially about the hippie movement, It's about the period of the hippie movement, I don't know if you see what I mean it's very complicated :P

I have pictures of the everyday life in my head, not pictures of dancing in the green grass naked with 100 peaceful people, not at all ^^ Just simple pictures, simple feelings. Now I can not tell you more about if it's imagination or not, those things I felt and saw in my childhood vanished and It's now quite foggy for me.
Quite an interesting experience, I bileave anything is possible... I was fascinated bout the topic when I was younger and somewhere in time I felt connected to someone else who I did not know, I just felt it, I used to think that was someone from a previous incarnation, but maybe was just wishful thinking, have not felt that in more than a decade... I also was very attracted to a certain historic period....
Old 31-03-2014, 03:47 AM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I know there are a lot of questions about it but I don't really know what to think because some people say it needs a lot of time between two different lives, though I have a very strong feeling about the 60's, especially the "hippie" movement. I really have pictures in my head from that time and the feeling I had at this moment, I love the furnitures, the clothes, the music, the lifestyle, but I was born in 1990 so I feel like it's quite short to reincarnate.

Do you think it's possible to come back so fast ? And is there a special reason for it ?

Thanks

One possibility is that some humans are able to connect/link up to their collective (all belong to a certain collective, sometimes called "higher self") and there is a shared database of experiences and identities and any of them in the collective could feel like any of the ones they, as a collective, have experienced throughout their existence. So you could just be tapping into the shared experiences database and kind of "borrowing" someone's experience.
Old 07-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Hi,

You may be right, but what I feel is something I don't manage to translate in words. I had deep feelings when I was a very young child, something special I can't describe. You know I was there but in another mood.
Also when I grew up and discovered things from the 60's-70's, those pictures and feelings from my childhood came back. And they still come back when something activates it, such as music, videos, or anything related to this period.

It's not especially about the hippie movement, It's about the period of the hippie movement, I don't know if you see what I mean it's very complicated :P

I have pictures of the everyday life in my head, not pictures of dancing in the green grass naked with 100 peaceful people, not at all ^^ Just simple pictures, simple feelings. Now I can not tell you more about if it's imagination or not, those things I felt and saw in my childhood vanished and It's now quite foggy for me.

I totally relate to what you say! It's the same for me but with a culture I have never encountered really until the last past 4 years (meaning for 4 decades I was not in contact or knew anything more than where it was on the map lol!). I've had flashes/visions of the place, of me how I was and what I was doing... I understand better about what was going on with me while growing up now that I have been able to learn about past lives, etc... but while growing up there was no info available regarding past lives, and many other spiritual info of diverse nature. I didn't even grow up in a religious family so I had not even the notion of God taught to me. Reincarnation was only what was briefly mentioned at school regarding India and it was summed up as "they believe that after they die they take the body of another being like an animal, a bug, etc... because they think they have to perfect themselves and come back over and over to pay for the bad they did" This was even a very simplistic way of explaining what is believed in India.
Still I now can put 1 + 1 together... I understand why I had that strong desire to be short, to the point of not being able to reconcile myself with growing too tall. While knowing nothing about the power of the mind, I kept saying to myself I can't grow any taller.... that was when I reached 5.5 I had already freaked out to have grown past 5 so it was a big no/no to go past 5.5 it had to stop. To the amazement of all who thought I would grow taller, it stopped. I also had an issue about my feet being to big, while my parents tried hard to make me understand that my feet were just well proportioned with my height as wearing a 8 1/2 when you are 5.5 is just average. But it troubled me greatly. Anyhow what seemed to be some "insignificant" issues, built up with others and with what I have started to gather now on the subject of past lives make me realize that it was not "insignificant" but that it was probably memories of another life. I have been thinking of talking a bit about it to see if others relate to my experience. I wonder if there could be a way for me to get more details about this past life, to know the exact location and more. About 2 years ago, I've done 1 past life regression but it showed me another past life.
Well, anyhow, for me it really looks like you've lived in that period of time.

"The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” -Fyodor Dostoyevsky

"Treat others the same way you want them to treat you." (Master Yeshua)
Old 13-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Creative

Quote:
Hi everybody,

I know there are a lot of questions about it but I don't really know what to think because some people say it needs a lot of time between two different lives, though I have a very strong feeling about the 60's, especially the "hippie" movement. I really have pictures in my head from that time and the feeling I had at this moment, I love the furnitures, the clothes, the music, the lifestyle, but I was born in 1990 so I feel like it's quite short to reincarnate.

Do you think it's possible to come back so fast ? And is there a special reason for it ?

Thanks
According to the Cayce readings on the subject, the shortest possible time (in earth time as we know it) for a person to reincarnate would be 3 days, but that doesn't happen very often.

Basically, a person needs time to figure out what happened, get debriefed by the guides, then they go to a school for learning, choose their next life, then prepare for the rebirth.
Usually this takes months, years, decades or even centuries. Many people take a break from this plane for while before they come back, as they need a rest.
Old 13-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Knower
The common belief in certain mystical schools is that we incarnate, on average, every 144 years.
Old 15-04-2014, 09:42 AM
Feathersoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalimar
I totally relate to what you say! It's the same for me but with a culture I have never encountered really until the last past 4 years (meaning for 4 decades I was not in contact or knew anything more than where it was on the map lol!). I've had flashes/visions of the place, of me how I was and what I was doing... I understand better about what was going on with me while growing up now that I have been able to learn about past lives, etc... but while growing up there was no info available regarding past lives, and many other spiritual info of diverse nature. I didn't even grow up in a religious family so I had not even the notion of God taught to me. Reincarnation was only what was briefly mentioned at school regarding India and it was summed up as "they believe that after they die they take the body of another being like an animal, a bug, etc... because they think they have to perfect themselves and come back over and over to pay for the bad they did" This was even a very simplistic way of explaining what is believed in India.
Still I now can put 1 + 1 together... I understand why I had that strong desire to be short, to the point of not being able to reconcile myself with growing too tall. While knowing nothing about the power of the mind, I kept saying to myself I can't grow any taller.... that was when I reached 5.5 I had already freaked out to have grown past 5 so it was a big no/no to go past 5.5 it had to stop. To the amazement of all who thought I would grow taller, it stopped. I also had an issue about my feet being to big, while my parents tried hard to make me understand that my feet were just well proportioned with my height as wearing a 8 1/2 when you are 5.5 is just average. But it troubled me greatly. Anyhow what seemed to be some "insignificant" issues, built up with others and with what I have started to gather now on the subject of past lives make me realize that it was not "insignificant" but that it was probably memories of another life. I have been thinking of talking a bit about it to see if others relate to my experience. I wonder if there could be a way for me to get more details about this past life, to know the exact location and more. About 2 years ago, I've done 1 past life regression but it showed me another past life.
Well, anyhow, for me it really looks like you've lived in that period of time.

Hi, I'm happy to see I'm not alone :) Too bad you didn't see it during your regression but at least it shows our brain or expectations don't control it!

I also don't know how to recall in detail the things I felt when I was a child, sometimes I only get some "flashes" for less than a second and it vanishes. It's especially since when I met my twin flame that suddenly so many pictures from my early childhood and probably more, came spontaneously in my head, it felt like my brain was rewinding.

Thank you for your answer anyway!
Old 15-04-2014, 09:53 AM
Feathersoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555
One possibility is that some humans are able to connect/link up to their collective (all belong to a certain collective, sometimes called "higher self") and there is a shared database of experiences and identities and any of them in the collective could feel like any of the ones they, as a collective, have experienced throughout their existence. So you could just be tapping into the shared experiences database and kind of "borrowing" someone's experience.

Hi!
I guess anything is possible, but somehow I think I don't like the idea that the identity I always had since I was born is only something I borrow, you know.

I've always been a child who was not exactly in the current, and my schoolmates have always been kind of mean cause of it. I had my own ways, but as I grew up I tried to be accepted by others and I tried to be like them (not sure I really managed ^^)

I also had a modern way of thinking, I don't know if it means anything, but my mother is catholic and as I saw a picture of Jesus on a crucifix at the age of 4 I spontaneously told my mother "You know, Jesus is fed up to be on the cross!"
My mother was a bit chocked ^^
Old 15-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Knower
I think it varies for everyone so it might be instant, might be years who knows I guess we'll just have to wait and see :P Remember it's on earth that we have clocks with hours and minutes but in the astral it's all just "now" so it may feel you have been there not long but on earth a long time has past
Old 15-04-2014, 02:32 PM
Master

In aggrement with the other posts , i dont think there any hard and set rules on the time of reincarnation . I do think beliefs and karma are factors .