Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Master
Journeying has changed my life tremendously. I don't do it anymore as that part of my life has been fulfilled so to speak but I can help answer questions if anyone has any.
I think it should be noted that a Shaman can journey but also so can anyone. It is a tool used by Shamans and it is very effective but not exclusive to that role.
The main reason is because the drum induced state causes our brain waves to enter a zone where you are not asleep and not awake. This state quiets the mind like no other tool IMO and it allows for you to recall the journey afterwards. I have even recorded all my journeys.
It needs to be done with purpose though and it is very symbol oriented. Knowledge of universal symbols is helpful in interpreting journeys and here gain is an area I can be of help if anyone needs it.
Like I said it changed my life...........
thanks for posting......................James
Old 10-05-2011, 01:33 PM
surrendertotheflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Journeying has changed my life tremendously. I don't do it anymore as that part of my life has been fulfilled so to speak but I can help answer questions if anyone has any.
I think it should be noted that a Shaman can journey but also so can anyone. It is a tool used by Shamans and it is very effective but not exclusive to that role.
The main reason is because the drum induced state causes our brain waves to enter a zone where you are not asleep and not awake. This state quiets the mind like no other tool IMO and it allows for you to recall the journey afterwards. I have even recorded all my journeys.
It needs to be done with purpose though and it is very symbol oriented. Knowledge of universal symbols is helpful in interpreting journeys and here gain is an area I can be of help if anyone needs it.
Like I said it changed my life...........
thanks for posting......................James

I have always been interested in the spirituality of native american cultures, and the drumming and the dancing has always been a fascinating sport to me. I wish I knew more about it but I really don't have the foggiest clue how to do any of it or make it work for me. I relate to music though, and I think drumming would help quiet my mind as well. Is there any websites or youtube videos you could recommend for a beginner who is interested in learning? Thank you and blessings
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
yinepu

Great post , and so timely for me as i have just bought my first shamanic meditation cd.... white shaman i a interested in anything you have to say on this.. yes please i put my hand up
Old 10-05-2011, 01:50 PM
Master
Hi SttF and Yinepu,
The first thing I did was buy online a Shamanic Drumming CD that has a callback feature built into it. I think it is too hard to try drumming yourself and I worried at the time of not coming out of it so a CD with a call back worked great for me.
While you are waiting for that to arrive, learn abut journeying to the lower world. There is all kinds of stuff online but the most important thing is to find that special opening in the earth in your imagination that will serve as your entry to this magical place. I use to play in this cave as a kid so I use that. Some people use a worm hole or like alice, a rabbit hole.
The thing you will want to do is journey with a specific intent. My first was to meet my guides in this lower world.
There is so much to say about this that it is probably best that as you get started learning about, that you ask questions.
I can share some of my journeys so that you can get a feel for what they are like because like I said they are symbolic.
I was fortunate to have been led down this path without a doubt and I was taught by an actual Shaman who came along out of the blue. I never made claims to that role myself but I have served as a Shaman in a few of my journeys.
If you want me to post a journey, let me know........
Blessings, james
Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
yinepu

oh yes please WS posting your journey would be awesome !

I have a cd John Perkins, its a shamanic story and meidtations about shapeshifting. From the basic idealogy of being able to change the way you look at things to then create your reality..... Remember it was you who suggested to get involved with creating my own reality so thankyou.

The cd so far is good, its ok, im having a little troub le with my blockages and having Mahakala take my blockages away.... its where im at at the moment in my life ... i ma needing to learn to let go .... its funny i never thought i would be in a slump like this again, so yes a new journey for me again,,, but i know see how ive helped make this my reality.

I would love to have you open a thread where STTF , myself and others can chat with you about our experiences is that ok ?? No vegemite cracks i promise ..
Old 10-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
oh yes please WS posting your journey would be awesome !

I have a cd John Perkins, its a shamanic story and meidtations about shapeshifting. From the basic idealogy of being able to change the way you look at things to then create your reality..... Remember it was you who suggested to get involved with creating my own reality so thankyou.

The cd so far is good, its ok, im having a little troub le with my blockages and having Mahakala take my blockages away.... its where im at at the moment in my life ... i ma needing to learn to let go .... its funny i never thought i would be in a slump like this again, so yes a new journey for me again,,, but i know see how ive helped make this my reality.

I would love to have you open a thread where STTF , myself and others can chat with you about our experiences is that ok ?? No vegemite cracks i promise ..

Shape shifting is putting the cart before the horse IMO.
Drumming is the way to go...............it really works.
I think you need to approach this to learn about journeying and how that can be helpful in your life.
Shamanism is a culture and a calling and technically not possible IMO here and now. A Shaman is part of a tribe and their specific culture. He served them exclusively and we as non-native americans need to honor that by not calling ourselves Shamans or by trying to become one.
We can practice journeying for ourselves and even for others but that IMO is the extent of Shamanism in what we do.
I'll post a journey in a couple of minutes.
By the way...."White" Shaman is because my guides and energies are from the "west" not because i am white....lol
James
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Master
My first journey...................

Friday Oct 10, 2008 6:00 A.M. Time 20 minutes
Journey #1
Place: Lower World
Intent: Meet PA and experience my first journey

Major feelings, emotions, thoughts after journey:
Fearless, Relaxed, Calm, Peaceful, Exciting but a fearless excitement,
Emotions towards animals not like here (cute, lovable, fun) but rather like
Friends who know each other and respect each other, Journey had the feeling
of a special visit for me, what I saw was not like seeing here but like seeing but not seeing, didn’t feel made up especially after thinking afterwards.

I started out by honoring the 4 directions, the sky, the earth, my spirit, and the Lord of all
And asked for protection and help on this journey.
I laid down and set the CD for 20 min and did as suggested in my readings. I initiated the
Journey by doing what I practiced of going to my special cave (a cave from my childhood) and after looking around and experiencing the outside, I went in and experienced the inside while noticing the tunnel with the light at the end. I then went down it and as much as I tried to define the descent , it became one where I was spiraling
down and around (with no fear or over excitement) for a long way until I emerged out the end. (the side of a rooty dirt bank with earthy branches around it).
I called for my PA and waited as I looked around. It seems earthy and lacked much color.
I felt like I was seeing with my conscious mind and needed to wait for the experience to take off on its own.
Then a large (not very clearly defined) eagle came. At first I thought it was a griffin but I couldn’t make it out and later decided it was an eagle. I didn’t know for sure if this was my PA but it latched onto my arm and carried me upward (again no fear) to a ledge high on tall, tall cliff.
The eagle left and I sat there looking out over this new world which had a Tarzan movie look to it. There was a long river at the bottom and without fear I instinctively jumped from this very high ledge and flew slowly down until I landed in the water.
I emerged from underneath and remembered I don’t really like swimming and then I found myself on a very large turtle who brought me to shore which was rooty and earthy.
I sat as I did on the ledge and looked around and felt good and calm.
Then a good size buck came a stood beside me. I then climbed on his back and we rode thru the woods. I remember distinctively not worrying that I might not know how to get back. It was an exciting ride for that reason.
We then came to an opening, a field full of yellow something. Not flowers, not people but alive and moving in a swaying manner, a beautiful yellow color with a beautiful scent.
I walked into them and laid down and they supported my weight. It was a beautiful scene,
I wanted it to last and then the call back came.
I reversed back by riding the buck to the river edge and I then jumped up and flew to the
Ledge on the cliff where the eagle grabbed my arm and flew me to my opening in the side of the earth.
I petted the eagle and thanked him for a minute and asked him to verify if he was my PA. I remembered at that time thinking this was just a visit for me only later to realize in the shower that the eagle was indeed my air PA and the turtle, my water PA and the buck, my land PA in this lower world.
I flew up the spiral hole in the earth and slowly walked out to where I came into my cave.
I stayed there a few minutes and then returned to my body and laid there very calm and relaxed and thankful.
In the shower, thinking about the yellow field, I remembered there is a large field of sunflowers ½ mile near my work. Not sure of the significance but the thought came that
The field in my journey was the fairy realm.

Thoughts and interpretations of my Journey # 1 10/10/08 10:30 A.M.
The Eagle is a symbol of the zenith and the fact that he carried me is a lesson and
reminder that I can soar to great heights. He teaches me many other things but this
was his main lesson in this journey as well as the pleasure of meeting up with him again.

The Turtle symbolizes Earth and I believe this was my anticipated meeting with Earth energy as well as a meeting with my earth totem. Its main lessons beyond all that this totem teaches was in this journey that I need to balance water and earth energy. Water
(or my essence, my spirit) and Earth (my earthly self, my flesh) in order to be more harmonious. Rely on Earth’s energies and powers instead of my own. The turtle has a slow metabolism like me and lives long because of it. Turtle also is the keeper of the door to the Faerie Realm!

Deer (Buck) teaches me many things as well but the lesson in this journey was
innocence and a return to the wilderness. They bring the gift of magic and transformation.
The Bucks antlers teach me to pay attention to my inner thoughts and perceptions.
Deer brings gentle, enticing new adventures which was exactly what he brought me in the field which I believe was the faerie realm!. I also have been anticipating seeing this wonder world for some time now!

The faerie realm was simply a gift and a pleasure!
Thank you!
And…………….. Addition thoughts…….
The overflowing of yellow may also symbolize an over abundant of ego-identity and self- definition.
It could be why as it/they supported me, I wanted to stay there.
It could also mean because of it’s brightness that I have an intuitive, enlightened intellect.
My intellect has supported me my entire life and has been the primary means by which I search
and understand things of the spirit

Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
yinepu

HI ws , awesome post, what is an AP i read this as angel protector...ok stop laughing haha. Animal..p... not sure but i get the gist of it i think , like a gaurdian ?

I also picked up on a few things when i was reading in addition to what youve allready stated , i hope you dont mind me saying ,

When you spoke of the eagle, i kept thinking of the phoenix, and the phoenix rising !

I also feel that when you were placed on a ledge high above where you should be , it was also showing you to trust yourself , by then floating down it showed in your journeys you will be safe and with the turtle underneath you , it was showing you , how much you are suppported for trusting the process of life !
Old 10-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Master
What do you mean by angel protector?.........I'm a little slow today..lol

You are right about the eagle and the phoenix and in fact at one time I couldn't tell the difference.

pa is a power animal, a guide.

You seem to be a natural for unraveling natures symbols. This will help you immensely. Dream books are helpful too because symbols are somewhat universal in meaning.
Are you close to nature Yinepu..........meaning do you have a special bond with animals and the earth?
Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 PM
yinepu

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What do you mean by angel protector?.........I'm a little slow today..lol

You are right about the eagle and the phoenix and in fact at one time I couldn't tell the difference.

pa is a power animal, a guide.

You seem to be a natural for unraveling natures symbols. This will help you immensely. Dream books are helpful too because symbols are somewhat universal in meaning.
Are you close to nature Yinepu..........meaning do you have a special bond with animals and the earth?

haha AP yeah i made it up Angel Protector as in your angel protector, he is your angel and he is going to protect you your AP haha. But i do get it now Power Animal cool !

Um its funny i find it hard to draw energy up from the earth , i actually find it easier to draw it down from the stars.

I was once in a very small town working there, very remote, and i opened my window one night to meditate, i got off my bed layed on the floor feet pointing to the window, and i was watching a group of stars , the seven sisters we call it here., and for some reason i burst out crying , i wa slike i know i want to go home ,,, home not here on earth but it felt like up there in the stars was my home ....weird okkkk i knowww but yeah thats how i felt.

yet here in this lifetime i have lived alot in the country , very rural areas, secluded areas, and some places have amazing energy, i only wished i was tapping into it in a more guided way, i just felt things . you know like a teacher had shown me how to tap into it. I could probably say 60 % lived in the country 40 pewrcent city.... I looove the city too i love to dance and shop and partyyy haha.

The earth does have different energy to it i feel and where i have been for a number of locations and years ive not truly felt the earth , Im thinking about a trip !

I do love goannas, lizards , geckos, eagles, crows ...In fact crows i think are my animal totem... whatever one, power whatever....Everytime i begin to meditate after a leave of abscence from it they are back with a vengence caawww caaawww. Still trying to work out the Full meaning of them , so much more is unsaid about the raven/crow.

An Aboriginal boy i was working with in the Kimberleys , once said to me ...(i was staring out to the mountains) "hey miss these mountains here, they talking to you"

And i said "yeah they do ! It doesnt matter what day im having i lif=ke to get in the car and drive out here, it calms me down"

he then said " you will be back , this is your home , and you dont know it "

he was a little 14 year old boy from a very small tiny town , who was a bloody good thief ! haha and i was with the justice department sitting with him on the airport tarmac awaitng his plane to take him to a working station (ranch) instead of jail , out there he would learn skills with his elders who were cowboys!!