Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-01-2014, 04:58 AM
Knower

Do we get our physical features back during the resurrection?

I've read that when it's time for resurrection, we get a body that's improved. A body that can't contract diseases, injuries, etc. My concern is that when we're resurrected from our graves, will won't get our physical features back. I mean, I'd want my face back. My long arms. My hair. In short, look the same as we were before death, as well as the added on improvements.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:50 PM
Experiencer
From what I understand and have seen any disabilities you have whilst on the earth plane will no longer be with you when you pass over.
You will look the same as you did when you were here, but will take on a more youthful appearance. For example, a member of my family passed over aged 76, when she was seen in spirit, she looked liked she was in the 30's (added improvements ;) )
Old 10-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
From what I understand and have seen any disabilities you have whilst on the earth plane will no longer be with you when you pass over.
You will look the same as you did when you were here, but will take on a more youthful appearance. For example, a member of my family passed over aged 76, when she was seen in spirit, she looked liked she was in the 30's (added improvements ;) )

I agree with that. But that only goes if you pass over to a sphere of light. Not if you go to a sphere of darkness. Things go from bad to worse if your life is such that you attuned to a sphere of darkness.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
I agree with that. But that only goes if you pass over to a sphere of light. Not if you go to a sphere of darkness. Things go from bad to worse if your life is such that you attuned to a sphere of darkness.

Agreed mogenblue, for sure it does depends on where you go after passing on, not all go to the realms/spheres of light.
Old 14-01-2014, 08:18 AM
Master
I think that we might be reincarnated again but into a new physical body and soul.
Old 14-01-2014, 08:30 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2488
I've read that when it's time for resurrection, we get a body that's improved. A body that can't contract diseases, injuries, etc. My concern is that when we're resurrected from our graves, will won't get our physical features back. I mean, I'd want my face back. My long arms. My hair. In short, look the same as we were before death, as well as the added on improvements.

From what I heard, I believe that the body has to resemble you in order for you not to lose your identity. So I believe you will have the same body but modified in different areas. Just enough to make it better for you, but not enough to make you not know yourself. The more drastic modifications would have to be done gradually, so you get used to yourself. It's like when you're growing up as a child. You dont' have a child's body anymore, and yet you know that both that child and you are the same. It's because you have continuity, you were gradually changing. If you were a child, and went to sleep, and woke up in this adult body that you have now, you wouldn't think that it's you, because there is no continiuity.

Actually, I was hoping for a new and improved body. So when I was told that I will still look like myself, I was disappointed. But I was told that I may not feel the same way about myself as I do now (because maybe they would fix the feelings that make me feel insecure).
Old 15-01-2014, 06:19 AM
Master
It is my belief (knowing) that when we pass from the physical life we become energy form again.....if we reincarnate again into the human form, we will be new....our energy form is from the Source and it is an intelligent energy......don't be concerned about your 'now' appearance, it is only for this lifetime....let go of the notion of passing into the same form as you are now...each human incarnation is for the growth of your soul (knowledge) and each form taken is specifically chosen for the life your soul wishes to live in that form......remember the 'body' is but a vehicle in which your soul experiences a certain lifetime......your soul may choose a completely different experience next time, which im fairly certain it will......unless of course it chooses not to reincarnate again on this planet, or it chooses another place and time.....or it chooses not to do it again......but im really thinking that it will want to experience as much as it can in another type of life.......that thought may scare you in your present flesh and blood form, but your spirit/soul is fearless, because it knows that incarnating is but a short experience and valuable for its knowledge......many blessing to you
Old 19-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Master

I learned that we choose how we want to appear. It could be how we looked in a past life as well. As for our age, I have read that we are at our prime at age 30 but we can look younger if we choose. I also read that we are just balls of energy on the other side and that we dont necessarily have a form. I'm not sure if that makes sense.
Old 19-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpikula
I learned that we choose how we want to appear. It could be how we looked in a past life as well. As for our age, I have read that we are at our prime at age 30 but we can look younger if we choose. I also read that we are just balls of energy on the other side and that we dont necessarily have a form. I'm not sure if that makes sense.
Yes, you are right. We don't have a form, because we choose it, as well as we can choose what others see and of that others can choose what they want to see.

As to the OP' s initial thoughts, my question would be as to why it matters so much. It's just one form of the infinite self we are, and we can come back to it or change it. Sticking to one for a fear of losing it is an attachment, which limits us. Of course, this isn't a bad thing at all but I'm just curious as to why we would want to limit ourselves when we have infinite potential, although this can be quite fun sometimes like playing in a puddle if that is based out of choice rather than fear. Because then we can get up and go to some other puddle and play in that one two, because we don't have to worry about the puddles drying up because we are actually in an ocean playing with a drop of water.

Project Spirit has set up a energy channel for anyone who needs it. We have it touch down in each country, and net outwards in them. You can access energy from this channel simply by intending to tap into it. Pm me if you'd like more info.

http://www.kindspring.org/
Old 21-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadedragon
Yes, you are right. We don't have a form, because we choose it, as well as we can choose what others see and of that others can choose what they want to see.

As to the OP' s initial thoughts, my question would be as to why it matters so much. It's just one form of the infinite self we are, and we can come back to it or change it. Sticking to one for a fear of losing it is an attachment, which limits us. Of course, this isn't a bad thing at all but I'm just curious as to why we would want to limit ourselves when we have infinite potential, although this can be quite fun sometimes like playing in a puddle if that is based out of choice rather than fear. Because then we can get up and go to some other puddle and play in that one two, because we don't have to worry about the puddles drying up because we are actually in an ocean playing with a drop of water.

I look at it as said features being apart of me. I know the body is basically being rented per se, but as one gets used to something, as one becomes fond, you don't want to separate from whatever that may be, if this makes any sense.