Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 01-11-2019, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofZoe
Thanks for your input on your personal experience FC. Yep there's a lot to consider and we have to be honest with ourselves first.
You're welcome.
Good luck!!
Old 01-11-2019, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Many couples split when the chemistry and attraction have faded.
Most people don't understand the importance of sexuality... It's not about the act that can last as short as a few minutes.
Our sexuality is related to our create life force, our life energy. Sex is also creation and expression of self.
That's the problem of what you miss out on if there's no sexuality that stems from desire and attraction etc. It does the rest that is linked to sexuality in as well.
That's why people who stay together after the flame has doused seem so dulled.
And the other side... if you do have that creative spark lit within, that creative life force and passion and so on, you wouldn't even want to be in a relationship without chemistry as you know and feel it is settling for less.

So it really comes down to what you want. Are you okay with a longterm dull, rather lifeless relationship with a nice friendship and platonic love?
Or do you deep down really crave to have a real, healthy relationship but just can't seem to find it?
And also, are you really willing to risk either one is going to fall in love with someone and then having it all fall apart?

That is what happened to me and an ex. I can tell you it ain't much fun to experience that.

In general, I agree with your assessment. In a relationships seminar, it was stated that 30% of problems in a "good marriage" are sexual in nature while 70% of problems in a "bad marriage" are sexual in nature.

However, for a life partnership that has discovered the incomparable peace in the depths of meditation, a platonic relationship works quite perfectly. This doesn't necessarily preclude being tactile, but sex actually becomes quite unnecessary at that point though there is no vow against having sex. There there CAN most assuredly be LOVE in such a relationship.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:54 PM
Knower

Thank you Stillwaters I agree very much. I am seeing different possibilities than 20 yrs ago. And frankly you know our bodies change our priorities change everything changes hopefully some of it positive as we age. Where there is much love, like you realize you love them and can really accept and appreciate them in a long term way, and chemistry is something that can be strange and fickle as anything else which is like I said everything once you live long enough. The posts were so overall against it I was somewhat surprised so I wonder if it looks different to emphasize what if in this hypothetical couple there was truly much love?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritofZoe
Thank you Stillwaters I agree very much. I am seeing different possibilities than 20 yrs ago. And frankly you know our bodies change our priorities change everything changes hopefully some of it positive as we age. Where there is much love, like you realize you love them and can really accept and appreciate them in a long term way, and chemistry is something that can be strange and fickle as anything else which is like I said everything once you live long enough. The posts were so overall against it I was somewhat surprised so I wonder if it looks different to emphasize what if in this hypothetical couple there was truly much love?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:03 PM
Master

Can it happen? Anything under the sun that can happen has happened.