Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
ChaseR76

Why do people waste some much energy hating.

The older I get the harder it is for me to understand all the negative energy that supposedly good church going people send out.I respect all religions and would never tell someone there religion is (the work of evil).I believe Jesus Christ came here to teach us how to love one another, not hate.really people?...Sorry for the rant.Had to get it off my chest.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Guide
I agree. When people spend so much time hating others because of their differences aren't they just hating God who made us all different? Wouldn't the world be a less interesting place if everyone was the same? I think that Jesus said to love one another so many times that people would get the point, but alas they do not.

It is sad how the world has come to cherish hate. We do not have to be that way and I have met many people who choose to put aside foolish hatred for the greater good and it is those people who make me hopeful for the future.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Experiencer
Hate and love as we find them on Earth are not absolutes. They are forms of energy and for every ounce of love, there is an equal amount of hate. Only divine love can be pure, earthly love can not be.

Very few people are able to use their religion for the reason it was truly founded, which is as an instrument of inner transformation. Most do not make the attempt, or fail in it, or do not even know such an attempt can or should be made as their church isn't telling them that.

As long as an individual is not thus transformed, and 99% or more of mankind is in that state, we are still driven by animal impulses. Unexamined man, is merely a thinking animal. Only through awareness and sincere study of self can we discern the multitude of impulses which drive us forth like mindless robots.
Old 02-06-2014, 07:36 PM
elisi

i don't think a lot of churches are spiritual anymore. so many have become political and you know where THAT can lead you. lol
Old 02-06-2014, 07:39 PM
howl hej

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi
i don't think a lot of churches are spiritual anymore. so many have become political and you know where THAT can lead you. lol

right on the money you are!

also a sense of 'control' and 'power'
Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseR76
The older I get the harder it is for me to understand all the negative energy that supposedly good church going people send out.I respect all religions and would never tell someone there religion is (the work of evil).I believe Jesus Christ came here to teach us how to love one another, not hate.really people?...Sorry for the rant.Had to get it off my chest.

Basically it's all part of the learning. If we don't get it this time, perhaps next time.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM
exaft

To truly understand a different persons perspective you must be in the same situation as them.

It is not WRONG to experience hatred. Be thankful for those that do for they show you the value of love.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:48 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisi

A church can't be political. It's the clergy or the congregation members who are political - or spiritual. All can and do change over a period of time as can differences of approach to these matters.

It's the nature of humans whether they be linked to church/religion or not; people are as they are.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Master

Some are like that but certainly not all. And I hear you, it's no fun to be around. Fundamentalism can be very negative but is a minority in most religions. The majority of it is very positive and there is an amazing amount of charity work done by Christians. This focus on love and charity is probably part of the reason they're some of the happiest people in the UK according to a recent study.
Old 08-06-2014, 04:18 PM
elisi

it's best not to generalize.

when i visited the mennonite church i was so impressed by it's gentleness and tolerance and love.

on the extreme spectrum, you have the westboro baptist church. (which i have to say even the baptists shun them).

and all the ones in between.