Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 29-04-2018, 05:43 AM
Master
Color Native American Quote

Dove Salish Everything On Earth Has A Purpose, Every Disease A Herb Too Cure It, And Every Person A Mission

https://www.facebook.com/Sean Baker
https://twitter.com/Sean Baker
[/color]
Old 08-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Administrator
Yes I have seen this before

Namaste
Old 16-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Master
My own misconception about the similarities of Siberian Shamanism and Native American Spirituality came from the talks in which Joseph Campbell quoted Black Elk:
Quote:
I saw myself on the central mountain of the world, the highest place, and I had a vision because I was seeing in the sacred manner of the world, The sacred mountain is Harney Peak in South Dakota. And then he says, But the central mountain in everywhere.

https://mesocosm.net/2012/12/11/black-elk/
Quote:
When Black Elk was nine, the story goes, he took ill for twelve days, lying in a coma, in an apparent shamanic initiatory crisis of the kind. During his coma, Black Elk experienced what he later called his “Great Vision,” an elaborate journey through the sky to the the Rainbow Teepee where the Thunder Beings dwell. The culmination of his vision, to which Campbell glowingly referred, was a journey to the center of the earth, and his discovery that all people are one.

That to my mind back then (the way it was presented) was instantly recognizable “Core Shamanism”.

https://es-es.facebook.com/notes/mon...0323751362773/
Quote:
The Ger, the World Tree & Spirit Flight
In Siberian and especially Mongolian shamanism the ger, a traditional dwelling constructed from a framework of wooden poles covered with animal skins and with a central smoke-hole in the roof, was a microcosmic symbol or representation of the universe. For this reason all movement inside the ger was conducted, if at all possible, in a deosil or sunways direction. This also reflected the traditional direction of movement used in shamanic rituals and dances. The centre of the ger, where a fire burnt in a hearth and was seldom extinguished, was symbolic of the actual centre of the world or universe. The column of smoke that drifted up from the fire and left the ger through the central smoke-hole in the roof was symbolic of the axis mundi – the World Mountain, World Pillar or World Tree. This links the underworld below with the heavens above and ends at the North and Pole Star around which all the other stars revolve in the night sky. The shamans believed in three worlds of existence connected together by the World Tree or Tree of Life.
…… Or (sometimes said to be connected by) the Rainbow Bridge and it is the Thunderbird (Force Field) which (in Shamanism) brings this Nondual Vision or Awakening that All Layers of the Creation are “One” (or “None”).

But now I am not so sure about any similarities or parallels - I really do not know what to think any more.
So many things that have been written by so called “Native Americans” turn out not to even be Native Americans and so many things written about Native Americans are later found to be untrue.
Old 18-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Master
Another quote - I felt - sounded so true:

But are these Chief Seattle’s quotes genuine or “white man’s” projections/fabrications?
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Talk:Chief_Seattle
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chief-seattle/
Old 12-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.
I live by this quote.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:06 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundbora
Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe.
I live by this quote.

Good one. Those are good words to live by.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:54 PM
Administrator
When you know who you are; when your mission is clear and you burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will; no cold can touch your heart; no deluge can dampen your purpose. You know that you are alive.

Chief Seattle,

This is so me

Namaste
Old 15-02-2019, 02:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
When you know who you are; when your mission is clear and you burn with the inner fire of unbreakable will; no cold can touch your heart; no deluge can dampen your purpose. You know that you are alive.
- Chief Seattle
Quote:
This is so me
Ok. this may very well so be you, and good on you! – we do at times find ourselves through reflections - but was it in fact Chief Seattle who had said it, or was it the missionaries (?) who had made up (at least in parts?) - the Chief Seattle speech to suit/push their agenda???

Which takes one back to this:
Quote:
When the Earth is sick, the animals will begin to disappear, when that happens, The Warriors of the Rainbow will come to save them.
- Chief Seattle
Old 15-02-2019, 07:59 AM
Ascender

I've seen many of these types of quotes, some were probably genuine, others, no doubt, were fraudulent. To me it doesn't matter so much, I'll take my wisdom from anywhere I can get it.
The bible, the Tao te ching, the Dhammapada or even new age. The trick is to be able to sieve through it all and take for yourself what you need.
When many great masters agree on something, accept it as a universal truth.
Try to always keep yourself grounded by nature in some way everyday, whether that be living as hunter gatherer or in my case tending a backyard vegetable patch and a small flock of poultry.
Old 15-02-2019, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunc
I've seen many of these types of quotes, some were probably genuine, others, no doubt, were fraudulent. To me it doesn't matter so much, I'll take my wisdom from anywhere I can get it.
The bible, the Tao te ching, the Dhammapada or even new age. The trick is to be able to sieve through it all and take for yourself what you need.
When many great masters agree on something, accept it as a universal truth.
Try to always keep yourself grounded by nature in some way everyday, whether that be living as hunter gatherer or in my case tending a backyard vegetable patch and a small flock of poultry.
In other words - as the good old pale-face saying goes:
Quote:
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater
Despite the fact that ....
Quote:
Chief Seattle is probably our greatest manufactured prophet
- David Buerge, a biographer and a historian to the Duwamish Tribe, Seattle’s mother’s people.

Native Americans will become ‘spirit guides’ for the New Age white men???:
Quote:
And when the last red man shall have perished from the earth and his memory among the white men shall have become a myth, these shores will swarm with the invisible dead of my tribe.
The white man will never be alone.
Let him be just and deal kindly with my people for the dead are not powerless.
- Chief Seattle