Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Seeker

trying too hard to meet my guide?

Hi everyone

I am currently going through big change in my life, and I have been calling out to my guide/s to help me or give me comfort in this time, also just to give me affirmation if I am making the correct decisions, as I am a very indecisive person, and I have this habit of feeling guilty for my decisions if it doesn't make others happy...

Anyway, I feel like maybe I have been trying too hard to communicate, and it has lead me to miss messages or over look them. I know my guides have helped me before, as I sometimes get this strange intuition, that is greater than me, and I know it is coming from elsewhere... I also talk to myself constantly and answer my own questions, but I am not sure if it is just my rational mind, or if it is my guide answering my own questions in my own voice or thoughts...

I also feel a presence from time to time, but I have a slight anxiety when I feel it, and I am not sure why...

Does any one have any tips to help me just let go and allow my guide in without pushing or trying too hard?

Thank you :)

Blessings x
Old 22-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Administrator
Hey Kae

The first thing i can say to you is experience,sometimes answers come into your mind and youre thinking where did that come from, that is spirit.but the more you do the more experience you get.so the more confident you get. i would say give it a break for a couple of days.then go back into meditation with a clear mind/ you are on the right path but we never stop learning.if there is a spiritulist church near to you it might be an idea, to go there where you can be taught in the correct way.

Namaste
Old 22-11-2012, 06:14 PM
Master
Kae... Here are some threads that describe simple methods for connecting with your guides.

Creative ways to communicate with your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21216

Ten easy ways to contact your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10609

Contacting Spirit Guides & Angels - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=99765#post99765

Xan

Old 22-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Gaia

if you feel that you are trying too hard then you are trying too hard .. if you feel that you are trying too little (even if others tell you otherwise) then you are trying too little
it depends on how you feel
Old 22-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Niebla0007

Meeting your Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaia
if you feel that you are trying too hard then you are trying too hard .. if you feel that you are trying too little (even if others tell you otherwise) then you are trying too little
it depends on how you feel

Hello! Kae,
I agree with Gaia.
I admit, that happened to me-more subconsciously as I sort of felt the same at some stage when I was trying to find & meet my higher self.
I always see my guides in dreams, they are always there on the background and comes & helps when needed.
The most interesting one is the wolf `cause I was instinctively scared of it in our first few meetings, but he/she's actually turned into a really lovely companion & can turn into a puppy sometimes or even a half dolphin full of teeth of sort.
Old 23-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Seeker

Thank you all so much :) I think I will try meditating more as well.

Thank you for the links! they are great :)

I know my guides a re there, I feel them... I just need to be more open to accepting their messages.

Thank you

xxxx
Old 29-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Phoenix85

Great post Xan.
Put your intention out there and just move on with your life, you will get response in due time.
Old 29-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Glen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae
Thank you all so much :) I think I will try meditating more as well.
xxxx

Kae, something I learned (thru a spiritualist teacher) is what they call sitting in the power, or sitting in the silence. Its a meditation where all you do is sit, quiet your mind and nothing. State your intention before starting, like "I am sitting for spirit to get in touch with the greater source of the universe". It took me a few times to really quiet my mind, but once I was able to just "be"my spiritual connections took up a whole new dimension.

Love and light
Old 29-11-2012, 03:15 PM
TheLegendaryDreamer

"my spiritual connections took up a whole new dimension." No pun intended :P
Old 04-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Kae... Here are some threads that describe simple methods for connecting with your guides.

Creative ways to communicate with your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21216

Ten easy ways to contact your guides - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10609

Contacting Spirit Guides & Angels - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=99765#post99765

Xan
Another thread to be brought up!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru