Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-03-2013, 03:03 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Excellent.

Thank you Miss Hepburn--it sure makes sense to me.......
Old 12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Star
I've read Michael Newton's books--in which hypnotized clients not only experience past lives, but the experience of discarnate souls in-between lives. One thing I recall is that not all of the soul incarnates into the body in a given lifetime. Depending on the demands that will be placed on it during the lifetime, it might send more or less of itself into the body. If it sends half of its energy into the incarnation, the other half stays home and watches from the sidelines.

Don't hold me to this, but I suspect the "higher self" is the part of the soul that stayed behind. It knows the "script" the rest of it is playing out on earth, and what purpose it was supposed to fulfill by incarnating, and it can be tapped by its incarnated half for guidance. In fact, I think it's always feeding us guidance, which we get in the form of intuition, inspiration, and "gut feelings."

So if that really is the case, then we merge back with the rest of ourselves after death.
Wandering Star, this resonates with me. I sense that there is another Self about me ... a wiser, gentler, more loving Self ... and it comes to me in times of trouble, like a coach "from the sidelines" if I allow myself to attune to and listen to it. And another post said pieces of ourself incarnates, and there are a number of incarnations of one Self (Spirit?) simulataneously. This makes me think of doppelgangers? (I am not sure about the term)

But anyhoo, just wanted to say that in any case, I LIKE the idea that I have a Loving Wise Me guiding and inspiring the human Me during what can be very discouraging, painful, and exhausting human trials and tribulations!
Old 12-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Then why do you think you are here?
Maybe for the "descended" piece of our soul to have a go at another round of learning/growing, with the Higher Self or Soul tutoring us like a wise loving teacher ... because real learning is "hands on" and not just following directions like a robot from an authority ... and then our partial self goes back to the Original self and the new knowledge is integrated?

Just a guess!
Old 13-03-2013, 04:57 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
Maybe for the "descended" piece of our soul to have a go at another round of learning/growing, with the Higher Self or Soul tutoring us like a wise loving teacher ... because real learning is "hands on" and not just following directions like a robot from an authority ... and then our partial self goes back to the Original self and the new knowledge is integrated?

Just a guess!

Good guess, but it is our soul in the physical that is learning and growing and our spirit guides who are guiding....
Old 13-03-2013, 02:16 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Good guess, but it is our soul in the physical that is learning and growing and our spirit guides who are guiding....
... while at the same time injecting us into our challenges... our spirit guides are both loving and really quite brutal in the ways that they help format the very things that we then need to overcome... this idea that our guides are warmly supportive is only one aspect of all this... they do indeed support us in relation to our challenges.. the very same challenges that they helped create... and in that regard they are doing us a favor... we are here to encounter and overcome these conundrums... while our guides are not really here to help to make this process any easier.. palatable, yes, but still intimately/proportionately difficult ...
Old 15-03-2013, 09:05 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
... while at the same time injecting us into our challenges... our spirit guides are both loving and really quite brutal in the ways that they help format the very things that we then need to overcome... this idea that our guides are warmly supportive is only one aspect of all this... they do indeed support us in relation to our challenges.. the very same challenges that they helped create... and in that regard they are doing us a favor... we are here to encounter and overcome these conundrums... while our guides are not really here to help to make this process any easier.. palatable, yes, but still intimately/proportionately difficult ...

I disagree as I believe that we are the ones who Plan the lessons, experiences, obstacles, challenges etc. before we reincarnate back to the physical--a sort of blueprint of what we want to achieve.......Our guides are simply here to do just that---guide us, which doesn't mean that we always listen or pay attention..........
Old 15-03-2013, 11:11 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I disagree as I believe that we are the ones who Plan the lessons, experiences, obstacles, challenges etc. before we reincarnate back to the physical--a sort of blueprint of what we want to achieve.......Our guides are simply here to do just that---guide us, which doesn't mean that we always listen or pay attention..........
"We", yes.... but not the conscious "we" that we're currently aware of.... there is no way that this-lives current conscious-self could pull-off such a thing... I suspect we would hardly recognize that part of "I" which is doing the planning... it's all we can currently do to keep up with our bills, raise our children on a day to day basis, and figure out what we're having for lunch each day... We simply do not have the tools available in relation to being physical that would be capable of charting such a thing...

So that would suggest that there is an aspect of "I" that is currently far removed from what we think of as "thought/identity/perspective". The kind of planning that this aspect of "I" would be involved in would not likely fit within our current thinking-of-things... there's likely something else in mind, and in that regard our guides would be focused in much the same way... we play this play in a slow motion kinda way, with the ultimate ends being something far more integrated and far more complex than we currently have the tools/insight to appreciate...

And yet our guides would be privy to this level of understanding, so our guides would be supportive in regards to the aims of the soul itself... what we temporary/consciously want, in regards to this current physical experience would perhaps be viewed em-pathetically but would not surmount the original aims our souls have for bringing us here.... this being the case, our guides would not answer our prayers, if our prayers run counter to this greater life-design... So we could be allowed to die "for a very complex reason", allowed to be paralyzed, robbed, molested, deteriorate physically via diet or infection, have a child pass-away on us, find ourselves in a war... and no amount of pleading to our guides would make a bit of difference if the plan meant that this stuff was suppose to happen..

So when you say; "that we are the ones who Plan the lessons, experiences, obstacles, challenges etc. before we reincarnate back to the physical--" ...I don't think it's nit-picking to then make this distinction... our guides are only partly there for this "us" that is focused-physical, while they are fully there for this "I" in relation to it's larger goals ...
Old 16-03-2013, 01:54 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
"We", yes.... but not the conscious "we" that we're currently aware of.... there is no way that this-lives current conscious-self could pull-off such a thing... I suspect we would hardly recognize that part of "I" which is doing the planning... it's all we can currently do to keep up with our bills, raise our children on a day to day basis, and figure out what we're having for lunch each day... We simply do not have the tools available in relation to being physical that would be capable of charting such a thing...

So that would suggest that there is an aspect of "I" that is currently far removed from what we think of as "thought/identity/perspective". The kind of planning that this aspect of "I" would be involved in would not likely fit within our current thinking-of-things... there's likely something else in mind, and in that regard our guides would be focused in much the same way... we play this play in a slow motion kinda way, with the ultimate ends being something far more integrated and far more complex than we currently have the tools/insight to appreciate...

And yet our guides would be privy to this level of understanding, so our guides would be supportive in regards to the aims of the soul itself... what we temporary/consciously want, in regards to this current physical experience would perhaps be viewed em-pathetically but would not surmount the original aims our souls have for bringing us here.... this being the case, our guides would not answer our prayers, if our prayers run counter to this greater life-design... So we could be allowed to die "for a very complex reason", allowed to be paralyzed, robbed, molested, deteriorate physically via diet or infection, have a child pass-away on us, find ourselves in a war... and no amount of pleading to our guides would make a bit of difference if the plan meant that this stuff was suppose to happen..

So when you say; "that we are the ones who Plan the lessons, experiences, obstacles, challenges etc. before we reincarnate back to the physical--" ...I don't think it's nit-picking to then make this distinction... our guides are only partly there for this "us" that is focused-physical, while they are fully there for this "I" in relation to it's larger goals ...

I don't pray, much less to my guides, altho my loved ones in spirit often help and guide me as well...........we are animated by our spirit, which is here in this physical body to learn and experience what it needs........ Have you never made a plan, sure that it was the right decision for you, only to have that plan fall apart and then, in hindsight, understand that it really was not the right decision/plan for you after all?
Old 16-03-2013, 02:59 AM
StephenK

Quote:
I don't pray, much less to my guides, altho my loved ones in spirit often help and guide me as well...........we are animated by our spirit, which is here in this physical body to learn and experience what it needs........ Have you never made a plan, sure that it was the right decision for you, only to have that plan fall apart and then, in hindsight, understand that it really was not the right decision/plan for you after all?

I rarely make plans anymore... only vague ones because it's intimately clear that whatever is layed out for me will show itself in good time... I call it trust, I call it faith, but I also know it to be what's essentially planed for me... I can change things along the way, but only if allowed to... in the long run, within this particular lifetime, things have tended to work-out in such a way that I wouldn't trade it for the world... though I deeply disliked the "unfoldings" at times... My wife hated the death of her first husband from cancer when she was 20... she lived an emotional nightmare for a good 5 years following... and yet because he died, she met me, we've raised two wonderful children (I met my children very clearly in a dream when I was around the age of 25... in the dream my children were around 20 years old (she) and 24 years old (he).. they looked "exactly" in the dream what they look like today... at that point I hadn't met my wife yet) In a way, and in this lifetime, I may have gotten lucky... I may have been handed a script that was designed for an eventual beneficial set of outcomes.... but I've had to earn it... it's been a pretty intense ride...

While that's not the case with everyone... and clearly wasn't the case within my own past lifetimes that I remember bits and pieces from.... what would you have said to those born jewish, in poland at the beginning of WWII? They were designed to live a life with a different outcome... some who were intended to be "rescued" were... those who were intended otherwise weren't...

Here's the point... It seems to me that you're talking platitudes... there's a serious game afoot and we're all at the root of it.. we each are taking turns getting the wind knocked out of our sails... for folks to wax poetically is a sure sign that they're missing the depth of what we're involved in... being physical is an odd mixture of pure horror mixed with grace... I see it as helpful to look at this fact without ambiguity, without sugar coating... and to realize that things can get every bit as bad as they can good... to be physical is both a curse and a blessing... and essentially we have questionable control over either... in each case we're left to hope that our soul was in a good space when they planed this particular incarnation...
Old 16-03-2013, 08:08 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
I rarely make plans anymore... only vague ones because it's intimately clear that whatever is layed out for me will show itself in good time... I call it trust, I call it faith, but I also know it to be what's essentially planed for me... I can change things along the way, but only if allowed to... in the long run, within this particular lifetime, things have tended to work-out in such a way that I wouldn't trade it for the world... though I deeply disliked the "unfoldings" at times... My wife hated the death of her first husband from cancer when she was 20... she lived an emotional nightmare for a good 5 years following... and yet because he died, she met me, we've raised two wonderful children (I met my children very clearly in a dream when I was around the age of 25... in the dream my children were around 20 years old (she) and 24 years old (he).. they looked "exactly" in the dream what they look like today... at that point I hadn't met my wife yet) In a way, and in this lifetime, I may have gotten lucky... I may have been handed a script that was designed for an eventual beneficial set of outcomes.... but I've had to earn it... it's been a pretty intense ride...

While that's not the case with everyone... and clearly wasn't the case within my own past lifetimes that I remember bits and pieces from.... what would you have said to those born jewish, in poland at the beginning of WWII? They were designed to live a life with a different outcome... some who were intended to be "rescued" were... those who were intended otherwise weren't...

Here's the point... It seems to me that you're talking platitudes... there's a serious game afoot and we're all at the root of it.. we each are taking turns getting the wind knocked out of our sails... for folks to wax poetically is a sure sign that they're missing the depth of what we're involved in... being physical is an odd mixture of pure horror mixed with grace... I see it as helpful to look at this fact without ambiguity, without sugar coating... and to realize that things can get every bit as bad as they can good... to be physical is both a curse and a blessing... and essentially we have questionable control over either... in each case we're left to hope that our soul was in a good space when they planed this particular incarnation...

Platitudes? how can you say that when it appears our only difference is "who" planned our lives.....I say we did and you say -- I'm not sure what you say....duh.......I believe that I planned an ultra difficult life in order to advance my growth and learning and am hoping that it is my last incarnation as I definitely bit off more than I can chew.....I consider myself as a survivor....I'm glad that things worked out so well for you, but IMO, you planned it that way---with the approval of your soul family and guides of course.....Life has been more of a curse than a blessing for me and I plan to kick some butt when I get back on the Otherside....:-)