Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-11-2012, 07:07 PM
msmcgee

Guides and free will

Forgive me if this has been covered. After years of trying to put my "natural" ability to see things I believe is spirit activity away, I've come to a turning point and am studying mediumship. One of the books I am reading on the subject is So you want to be a Medium: A Down to Earth Guide by Rose Vanden Eynden. It has proven to be a very insightful book, but I have a few questions about some of the things she says.

Most notably, in her chapter on spirit guides, she talks about an experience at a Renaissance Festival where she asked one of her spirit guides to intervene on her behalf to keep people who weren't serious about seeing a medium and only wanting to be entertained, away. She said that after doing so, fewer people came to her but the people who came were all seriously interested in her work and not drunk or looking to be entertained. I question this, as she also states previously that a guide will not intervene unless you ask. Does this not violate the other people's free will? Somehow this guide deflected certain people away from her and that seems to me to be a contradiction.

It also seems like there are many people who do not believe in spirit guides, yet everyone has them. If you don't believe in them, what do these guides do for your entire life, if they are not to intervene unless given permission, lest they violate the law of free will?

Also, how about, for example, the masses of people starving in some countries? Do they all have guides? I know these may sound like silly or even disingenuous questions, but they are not. I began to question my former Christian faith of 20 years for these very same sorts of contradictions and questions. It is only natural and fair that I should ask the same sort of questions for another avenue of faith I am exploring.

Thank you in advance for your insightful and thought out replies.
Old 23-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Newfreedom9

I don't know if you believe in reincarnation. Something that made a lot of sense to me, is that before we take on an incarnation we set goals for ourselves in how we want to grow. This is when we choose our soul group and guides and decide how we will work together. So I guess at that point we would have a joint goal. Like overcoming difficulties of living in hard conditions, or working off karma, or who knows what else. This is just a theory, but it makes sense that something of this nature could take place before birth.

I don't think you have to sense your guides to benefit from them. We all have little nudges, or gut reactions to certain things. Sometimes something will keep appearing in our life over and over, like little hints as to which way would be beneficial to take. A lot of what we write off as coincidence isn't.

As for keeping people away that don't have our best interest at heart.. well I would see this as possible. Not in a way that would hinder someone's free will, but by giving the same little "coincidence" nudges. Also I think some things that occur in life are more "important" then others. Like does a drunk person really care if they wander into a medium's tent or into a juggler's tent? Could one little nudge send them somewhere else that would be equally as entertaining and satisfy their desire in a different way?

Then again part of this would be being yourself in the right place at the right time. Have you ever noticed how if you go with things, they just work out? Like say you're going to the store, but you forget something and have to run back in the house and get it, and while you're there you're child asks you for a drink of water. So you tend to these things and when you get to the store you just "happen" to run into an old friend who "happens" to be walking out of the store at the exact moment your walking in. The chances of that happening and causing some life changing moment aren't great, unless you look at how everything is working together to make it happen. Now this doesn't necessarily have to be guides. It could just be the source field or something else, but there definitely seems to be some serious intervention at times.

Just my two cents.
Old 23-11-2012, 06:31 PM
msmcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfreedom9
I don't know if you believe in reincarnation. Something that made a lot of sense to me, is that before we take on an incarnation we set goals for ourselves in how we want to grow. This is when we choose our soul group and guides and decide how we will work together. So I guess at that point we would have a joint goal. Like overcoming difficulties of living in hard conditions, or working off karma, or who knows what else. This is just a theory, but it makes sense that something of this nature could take place before birth.

Oh, I do, but as you know from the other thread, even though I've adopted the more mystic vernacular, I see spirits and reincarnation from a more scientific perspective. Semantics, but I wanted to clarify that. I have done some past life regression and in fact listen to some PLR guided meditation recordings as part of my regular meditation. I've only regressed (that I can recall) a couple of times in nine years (there was a few years break in there too) but it's good relaxation and meditation.

What you say makes a lot of sense. I suppose there are other "rules" or laws in play as well, that oversee the outcome of each individual situation.

I also agree, that life isn't a string of randomness, it is a fabric of events that weave together purposefully.
Old 23-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmcgee
Fo

Most notably, in her chapter on spirit guides, she talks about an experience at a Renaissance Festival where she asked one of her spirit guides to intervene on her behalf to keep people who weren't serious about seeing a medium and only wanting to be entertained, away. She said that after doing so, fewer people came to her but the people who came were all seriously interested in her work and not drunk or looking to be entertained. I question this, as she also states previously that a guide will not intervene unless you ask. Does this not violate the other people's free will? Somehow this guide deflected certain people away from her and that seems to me to be a contradiction.

There are several things going on all at once, it is never a single issue. But one of the main things that has happened is she has stated an intention of how she would like to work, her vibration has been raised and so she no longer attracts the "time-waster" or not-serious reader. So this is not about the guide intervening but rather a shift in the medium.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were non-serious enquirers who lingered round her energy field and felt they couldn't approach.
Old 24-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Gaia

this is just my ideas

Quote:

it's not if they find a way to only influence her .. for example make her less appealing to those who weren't serious .. make her energy doesn't match with those who weren't serious

It also seems like there are many people who do not believe in spirit guides, yet everyone has them. If you don't believe in them, what do these guides do for your entire life, if they are not to intervene unless given permission, lest they violate the law of free will?

they guide you .. it's the voice inside you
they don't need permission for that .. it's what they do

Also, how about, for example, the masses of people starving in some countries? Do they all have guides? I know these may sound like silly or even disingenuous questions, but they are not. I began to question my former Christian faith of 20 years for these very same sorts of contradictions and questions. It is only natural and fair that I should ask the same sort of questions for another avenue of faith I am exploring.

you have to look at the bigger picture
people don't come to earth to be rich or have money or anything .. they came to learn a certain lesson .. what ever that is .. and their guides help them evolve

well in my opinion .. guides have free will too .. and everyone is different
I also think that everything in the spirit world is different from person to person .. there is no rules .. it's not a religion
it's a whole different reality
sometimes you need to ask yourself
Old 24-11-2012, 03:50 AM
Master

I agree it is not a religion, it is the antithesis of religion...religion is man made dogma. However I also believe everyone has the right to believe whatever they want to believe, that gets them into a place of believing something that no one can prove - faith that we are not alone on this planet, that there are folks up there looking out for us.

But, having gone the religious route (born and raised Catholic) and finding it not my thing, I appreciate that it is for others and some of the beliefs I still believe in, though I no longer practice that religion. I believe in Jesus, and that he is active in my life whenever I call him, I believe that Mother Mary is Mother God, and there is a Father God. I don't believe in the bible, but that's because Jesus and/or God didn't write it, and the people that did wrote it in a time very different from that which we live in today.

I believe in Angels and spirit guides and our higher self.

As for why are people starving, I agree with Gaia, they chose that life, those circumstances, and just because they are poor or having to find food everday doesn't make their lives not worth living. What if, in this life of strife, they take Nothing for granted, and appreciate everything they have...it could be a much more meaningful life in a lot of different ways...I try not to judge anyone elses circumstances, but it is so very hard to do, but if you start looking at people not for what they appear to have or not have, but just as another soul on this planet who chose to be here, and we are all unique, and that we are all hear to learn and grow from our own experiences, who is to say that their experience is bad and ours is good?

Sorry, just saying. At some point, if you believe in reincarnation, we are all the people we could ever imagine - the poor, the starving, the rich, the ruthless, the hater, the cheater, etc. etc. etc. because we want to explore life in all aspects of being physical.

Setting intentions is what manifesting your life is about. You can not set intentions and then worry about the drunks, or you can set an intention not to have to deal with drunks. We do this anyway, all day every day, if just means more when we are aware of it :)
Old 24-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Master

Another one checking in that we come into this world to learn a certain lesson(s). But, just another take on it, we have a response to make when we see those who are suffering and those who are riddled with hunger and there is a learning to be done from other people's lives.
Old 24-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Forgive me if this has been covered. After years of trying to put my "natural" ability to see things I believe is spirit activity away, I've come to a turning point and am studying mediumship. One of the books I am reading on the subject is So you want to be a Medium: A Down to Earth Guide by Rose Vanden Eynden. It has proven to be a very insightful book, but I have a few questions about some of the things she says.

There are those that understand that co-creation involves free choice working with divine assistance in appropriate ways.

Quote:

Yes those that are uninformed, either through choice or circumstance, suffer the consequences of that ignorance.

Quote:

As I see it, the key missing energy not present in humanity is Compassion. So there are billions of souls who dedicate their life to one or more kinds of experiences so that the framework for compassion can be established.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 24-11-2012, 03:37 PM
msmcgee

Thank you for the replies. I have been reading and pondering them. A lot of interesting thoughts posted and I need to take it all in.