Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 27-05-2019, 08:25 AM
Pathfinder
Dreams of being chased

I dream a lot of being chased by the cops for no apparent reason, just wondering what this could mean?

irl and in the dream i am doing nothing wrong so i just dont get it
Old 27-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Seeker

Hello whispershadow,

Dreams are very interesting, I would guess that these are anxiety related dreams brought on by a fear or possible sub-conscious fear of something in your life. It could be a related or unrelated fear. Have you ever been pulled over or had any run-ins with the cops? It could be your mind's reaction to a traumatizing event that happened in your life. For example, I was in a bad car crash a few years ago and I still have reoccuring dreams of driving and losing control of my car. Or it could be a fear that's completely unrelated, like a fear of being caught doing something wrong and "being chased by cops" is how your mind is subliminally expressing the fear through dreams.
Old 27-05-2019, 09:48 PM
Pathfinder
i personally have never had a run in with the cops but family member has

not going into detail
Old 27-05-2019, 11:05 PM
Master
Are you trying to outrun any deadlines atm? Biological clock? Is there something you aren't keen on that feels 'inevitable'?

Old 27-05-2019, 11:25 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Are you trying to outrun any deadlines atm? Biological clock? Is there something you aren't keen on that feels 'inevitable'?

nope no deadlines

and no kids so no to the biological clock

i cannot deal with kids
Old 28-05-2019, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Do you have people in your life who tend to throw a lot of guilt at you or try to tell you how to live your life? We all have rules we live by and think others should live by them too. When someone imposes theirs on us it can make us feel like we are doing something wrong when we aren't. It can be hard to stand in our authenticity when we have strong voices with strong opinions in our life. I suspect the dream is trying to tell you no matter what others say or how much they hound you about doing or not doing something there is nothing wrong with your choices for your life despite what others may have you believe.
Old 29-05-2019, 08:21 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Do you have people in your life who tend to throw a lot of guilt at you or try to tell you how to live your life? We all have rules we live by and think others should live by them too. When someone imposes theirs on us it can make us feel like we are doing something wrong when we aren't. It can be hard to stand in our authenticity when we have strong voices with strong opinions in our life. I suspect the dream is trying to tell you no matter what others say or how much they hound you about doing or not doing something there is nothing wrong with your choices for your life despite what others may have you believe.

my dad, with the whole guilt thing

he's out of my life forever with no appeal now though after serious family problems that he was nasty about

idk why i'm posting this, not sure if i'm welcome on here.
Old 29-05-2019, 09:07 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whispershadow
I dream a lot of being chased by the cops for no apparent reason, just wondering what this could mean?

irl and in the dream i am doing nothing wrong so i just dont get it
Sounds like you are not following some sort of rules (written or unwritten), and even though you don't feel you should have to follow them and are doing nothing wrong, you feel like someone is going to call you on it, or you may suffer some sort of penalty for it.

Your last comment was rather interesting and perhaps related.
Why do you feel you man not be welcome here?
Old 01-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by whispershadow
my dad, with the whole guilt thing

he's out of my life forever with no appeal now though after serious family problems that he was nasty about

idk why i'm posting this, not sure if i'm welcome on here.
Even if the person who caused us grief is out of our life The conditioning we picked up from how they treated us can affect how we move about and respond to the world. You may be subconsciously prone to feeling guilty for things even when you do nothing wrong so just explore all your relationships and how you react and feel internally. Awareness of our subconscious programming is the first step at healing it. Take care
Old 01-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Guide
I used to have dreams of being chased and I was somewhere that I knew I could not get home before being caught so I would head for a light pole that I was able to go to that I could slip in to a different dimension. I would hide close to the light pole and peak through the opening so I could see when it was safe to come out and go home. It was a recurring dream when I was a teenager.