Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology > Astronomy

Old 04-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Master
Yeah. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 04-08-2012, 08:14 PM
Neville

Next up , The Perseid Meteor shower, August 12/13. by all accounts a real treat for the sky watcher.

http://www.cute-calendar.com/event/p...110-world.html
Old 04-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Lulu

Neville,

Look up at the sky tonight... you just might see a Perseid, or two, shoot across the sky. I've seen a couple so far, but the moon has been exceptionally bright this week, bringing visibility to pretty much zero :( The peak is promising to have excellent viewing conditions this year, unlike last year (which was a let down). I might even bring out my telescope and other equipment... astrophotography is one of my hobbies and I'd love a good shot of the Perseids in action, as last year I just couldn't get a decent shot.

For anyone else interested in the Perseid shower, if I may quote myself from earlier in this thread,

Quote:
During the Perseid peak (Aug 11th - 13th), the moon will be in its waning crescent phase and, as an added bonus, the moon will be near Venus and Jupiter. So, barring any cloud cover or storm, viewing of the Perseid peak this year should be most excellent. The Perseids put on an awesome show... the dance across the sky like no others... very bright and fast.

If you do go out during the peak and your view is relatively clear, you can expect to see upwards of 50+ Perseids an hour. Remember, they are best viewed between midnight and dawn (but, because the moon will be rising in the predawn sky, you can probably catch a decent show in the late evening, as well).

Keep your fingers crossed, everyone lol.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Master
Satellite

Rather warm night before last. Sat down outside, I got to see a satellite traversing north, at about 1:00 high, facing west.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 13-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Master
A great site of Astronomy/Astrology pics.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120725.html

In the above, placing the cursor over the sky reveals the constellation outlines.

Old 26-08-2012, 03:32 AM
MysticalFairy

The Draconid meteor shower is coming up on Oct 7-8!
Old 26-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Master
:>)

Most often I am up and outside before dawn, when things are still dark, to let the dog out, get a glimpse of things above.

Couple, or three nights ago, Venus was so bright! And, with a wide halo around it! Must of been some haze high up causing that.
Together with Orion glittering nearby, it was quite a show,

Following night, I looked up and caught a satellite traveling in the low Eastern sky, from north to south. Steady in it's pace.

Old 15-02-2013, 06:59 AM
TeaLeaves56

Wasn't sure where to post this. Meteorite/meteor shower(?) strikes in Russia.
I'd post the link to verify but I haven't made enough posts enough yet. :P

Interesting that this happened right before the fly-by happening later today.
Old 17-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Master
Signs regarding our position in space.

Old 28-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Master
Stepped outside tonight, caught sight of a shooting star.

Believe we have a shower approaching in August.