Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 05-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Shen Mashel

The most harmful products

At the university i attend too, among other subjects, we have learned about the most harmful products and chemicals in the food we everyday buy.
The most harmful are:
1.junk food(obesity mainly)
2.margarine(it has the structural composition of plastic)
3.aspartame(in a lot of sweets and other food)..it can kill in 70 different ways
4.beer(if made through artificial pills like these days and not with real hop and malt)
5.Chewing gum(may cause stomach cancer, ulcer, gastritis cause your body reacts to the chewing by secreting that special acid in the stomach that has nothing to digest so it eats the layer protecting the stomach...)
6.concentrated soups(contains many dangerous additives)
7.excessive fried food(bad for the liver)
8.a lot of juices, sweets and ice cream have harmful ingredients in them.

So there you have it.Try to avoid them as much as you can.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:16 PM
mava

Sad but true.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM
LightFilledHeart

You'll get no argument from me on the list of bad for you foods/additives, but I do also wonder sometimes if it isn't more a case of consciousness than the substances we take in. I know of people who lived a healthy and vigorous life to a ripe old age who did all the wrong things according to conventional wisdom! They smoked, drank, ate junk and high fat diets, failed to exercise, etc. Obviously there is more to it than a direct link to food intake and behavior! My friend used to say, "It's not what you put in your mouth, but how you feel inside and what comes OUT of your mouth... i.e., the words you spew at others!... that creates a state of health or dis-ease." That statement has a ring of truth to it!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Guide
Great list. But it's missing a couple of things. #1 on the list should be soda because it contains ingredients like high fructose corn syrup or sucralose. And somewhere else down the list should be News and television because it contains negative programming. And mono sodium glutamate and similar ingredients found in concentrated soups and other junk food should also be mentioned. And lets not forget commercial cigarettes with all the chemicals that they contain.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
You'll get no argument from me on the list of bad for you foods/additives, but I do also wonder sometimes if it isn't more a case of consciousness than the substances we take in. I know of people who lived a healthy and vigorous life to a ripe old age who did all the wrong things according to conventional wisdom! They smoked, drank, ate junk and high fat diets, failed to exercise, etc. Obviously there is more to it than a direct link to food intake and behavior! My friend used to say, "It's not what you put in your mouth, but how you feel inside and what comes OUT of your mouth... i.e., the words you spew at others!... that creates a state of health or dis-ease." That statement has a ring of truth to it!

i have known folks like that too, smoking, eating poorly and live o be a healthy 100 and just die of old age.

CHEERS!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM
Master
Thank goodness I avoid those foods like the plague except I have to have beer once in a while.
Spiritlite :)
Old 06-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Shen Mashel

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspirit
Great list. But it's missing a couple of things. #1 on the list should be soda because it contains ingredients like high fructose corn syrup or sucralose. And somewhere else down the list should be News and television because it contains negative programming. And mono sodium glutamate and similar ingredients found in concentrated soups and other junk food should also be mentioned. And lets not forget commercial cigarettes with all the chemicals that they contain.

I wrote them in the way we have learned at the university.You are right about soda and the ingredients found in concentrated soups an other junk food.News and television, i know that very well but i just wrote about food here.Yeah...cigarettes are very harmful.
Thanks for the contribution.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM
celery

A bad temper and frowned expression kill faster than all the above combined, because it kills the soul ;)
PS: Just kidding, than you for the reminder. I am a diet soda addict =( (because of T1DM)
Old 06-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Seeker
thank you for the warning, i'll be much more aware in the future.

xx
Old 06-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by celery
A bad temper and frowned expression kill faster than all the above combined, because it kills the soul ;)
PS: Just kidding, than you for the reminder. I am a diet soda addict =( (because of T1DM)

Aspartame is an addictive and toxic substance created by genetically modified e. coli bacteria. At one time it was known best as Nutrasweet and was said to be safe and the methods used to create it were a well kept secret. Now it is a well known neurotoxin and carcinogen. It also causes weight gain by wearing down the liver and by causing unstable blood sugar levels exacerbating diabetes and other blood sugar conditions.

http://www.rense.com/general82/assp.htm

Yes, anger will wear you down, and it is not recommended, but being happy go lucky is not going to save you from disease. High fructose corn syrup for instance is associated very strongly now as causing things like type 2 diabetes, obesity, and hardening of the arteries. Not to mention the disease that have been associated with genetically modified corn.