Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 05-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by slash112
I think you're rolling on the assumption that you are the body.

You could say that there is no "you", but that's just too foreign for most people. So I mostly stick with there is a "you", but it's not what most people think it is.

The reason that burning everything up reveals you, is because YOU are the one "thing" that everything is not. You're a no-thing.

Or indeed you could say that burning everything up reveals "truth". It's up to you whether you call that truth "truth", "you", "isness" or "pure awareness" or whatever.

Yeah it may be that we are calling that by a different name.
If I remember correctly you made the similie between deep sleep and Nibanna didn't you?
Until this day I have not experienced any awareness during deep sleep.

If this state is close to nibanna (which is doubtful, but seems to come close to some interpretations of it) Where is the sense of self during deep sleep.

It's gone in my experience. So in that state I cannot say I AM. Closest I can come to it is afterwards so I can merely say. I was. But now I am different

Only in my mind can I conjure up some linear progression from point deep sleep to point waking up.

With Love
Eelco
Old 05-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Knower
Well the thing about deep sleep is, it's a way for us to understand what happens to awareness when there's nothing to be aware of.

Awareness is still there in deep sleep. What's it aware of? Nothing.

Meaning deep sleep is a window into what awareness is itself. It's a window into what it's like to not have fabrications, delusive passions, etc.

However in deep sleep there is simply no mind at all. The bliss of Nirvana comes only with a mind. Without the mind it is simply nothingness.

Also btw, I threw around the word Nirvana very carelessly before, I do apologize for that. Now, I see the connection between deep sleep and Nirvana, but I don't consider them the same thing.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Knower
Oh yeah, just a note about the fire method.

It's basically an imagination trick that frees you from everything.
Old 19-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Deactivated Account
Just tried the imagination trick, and it works wonders!
Made me feel euphoric.

Thanks lot for this, slash112.
Old 20-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Knower
Oh fantastic, Seeker! That is amazing news!
Thanks for the feedback