Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-07-2019, 01:57 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The assumption of Mary is a teaching in the Catholic, Orthodox, and Oriental Christian church.

There is, again, precedent in the old testament regarding Enoch, and Elijah.
I don't know that it's so important or integral to Christian Faith, but it is a nice thought.

Yea, it is a nice thought. To have a woman who gave birth to Christ, so loved and protected.
Old 24-07-2019, 04:56 AM
Master
Some people claim Maria de Agreda was Mother Mary. When you examine the things Maria de Agreda is credited in doing, there might be some truth to the legends.
Old 24-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Master

Mary is a symbol of God's feminine side too. I was thinking today all the Abrahamic faiths are really founded on spirituality that included the divine feminine which is why mystics in Judaism, Christianity and Islam include it too
If these three traditions could rediscover their shared origin through God's female nature maybe they would peacefully co-exist
Old 25-07-2019, 03:20 AM
Experiencer

Mary was/is Jesus' Mother, chosen by God-whats all this talk of symbolic feminine side-divine feminie-why confuse what she was/is with this new age terminology-I dont recall reading that in the Bible I simply do not understand why one cannot simply leave it like it is in the Bible and nope these new age words are infused into God-it is so unnecessary-
Old 25-07-2019, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Mary is a symbol of God's feminine side too. I was thinking today all the Abrahamic faiths are really founded on spirituality that included the divine feminine which is why mystics in Judaism, Christianity and Islam include it too
If these three traditions could rediscover their shared origin through God's female nature maybe they would peacefully co-exist

' Mary is a symbol of God's feminine side too '

I personally can't see gender in God.
Old 25-07-2019, 06:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white pegasus
Mary was/is Jesus' Mother, chosen by God-whats all this talk of symbolic feminine side-divine feminie-why confuse what she was/is with this new age terminology-I dont recall reading that in the Bible I simply do not understand why one cannot simply leave it like it is in the Bible and nope these new age words are infused into God-it is so unnecessary-

' why one cannot simply leave it like it is in the Bible and nope these new age words.'

The bible is not a ' Rule Book ' it's a collection of writings from various people who are describing how they perceive things...

New Age is not ' New ' teachings, you will find as David mentioned that gender is part of all belief systems going back to before Judaism /Christianity.
Old 25-07-2019, 06:51 AM
Experiencer

sky-where in the bible did David mention that gender is part of all belief system

I never said the Bible was a "rule book". You believe what you believe the Bible to be. I nelieve the Bible to be he true word of God.

new age is not a part of the Bible-in my humble opinion-so

lets not pretend that you and I dont fall on opposite ends of the spectrum-and kindly refrain from twisting what I expressed into something else. thank you
Old 25-07-2019, 07:30 AM
Master
Quote:
sky-where in the bible did David mention that gender is part of all belief system

I never said the Bible was a "rule book". You believe what you believe the Bible to be. I nelieve the Bible to be he true word of God.

new age is not a part of the Bible-in my humble opinion-so

lets not pretend that you and I dont fall on opposite ends of the spectrum-and kindly refrain from twisting what I expressed into something else. thank you

David on here, not in the bible New age/Old age is very much part of everything. There is nothing new/old under the sun.
Thank you.
Old 25-07-2019, 01:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Hi Gracey,

How is it that Mary(the mother of Jesus was without sin? I am not of the catholic faith and am wondering how we know Mary was without sin,,respectfully and sincerely I ask

The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic (papal) doctrine stating that Mary was specially graced by God to keep her free from the stain of Original Sin because she was to be the Mother of God. The Orthodox Church has a similar doctrine. As for personal sin as a human, she used her free will to remain sinless.
Old 25-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jainarayan
The doctrine of the Immaculate Conception is a Roman Catholic (papal) doctrine stating that Mary was specially graced by God to keep her free from the stain of Original Sin because she was to be the Mother of God. The Orthodox Church has a similar doctrine. As for personal sin as a human, she used her free will to remain sinless.

All Christians are taught the concept of the immaculate conception but very few believe it.