Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-07-2019, 07:39 AM
Pathfinder

It's been a while since ive had one of these/ ALSO: sleep paralysis

not exactly sure how to describe this one; met a few people that ive never met in real life (to my knowledge). the first thing I did was hand one of them a coin, made of what appeared to be copper, with the word "help" written on it. this person then handed it to the person behind them, who was apparently standing near the edge , overlooking large amount of area. this person then advised me about a few people in the real world and how they are not what they seem, that they value me far less than i perceive them to.

the dream skips, and im now in what appears to be a school , surrounded by a few other strangers. im not sure how this rule came into my knowledge in the dream, but the rule was to make it out in order to pass; the only problem was that the handful of people around me had it in mind that only one would make it out, and death was next for the eones that didnt. the dream skips again, and we're all standing outside of the place.

thats about all i have from this one, except the identity of the first two people; id rather not reveal that, because its not the first time ive met and spoke with them.

ALSO: a while ago i fell asleep on the couch, and upon waking up at some time during the sleep I was not able to open my eyes, or move any part of my body. usually when this happens my breathing goes bad, and im able to force myself to breath. this time though, I heard whispering; something that should've been impossible with no one around. Any thoughts?
Old 16-07-2019, 08:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

hello, i've had sleep paralysis from since i was 10 years old. they were always uncomfortable but got much worse when i abused drugs during college. they were at it's peak right after college and i would always hear voices - creepy whisperings sounds in my head and even voices that told me that i was going to hell etc.

i have been told that i am clairomniscient but clairsentience is definitely my most sensitive especially since i am a musician. i started to realize that i was being communicated with in the spirt realm during my sleep. it got to the point where i knew that if i was having trouble falling asleep, i was going to be visited by something. through meditation (10 years now), my scary and creepy visitations became replaced by angelic visits and spirits that literally made me feel love all over. one incident, when i was first starting to meditate, i was visited by this dark energy that started to mock me and was pretending to copy me saying my affirmations. i had just started to affirmations such as: i am healthy, i am loved, i am confident etc etc. in this sleep paralysis episode, i could hear this "being" in my head repeating this affirmations in my head in a mocking tone as if to tell me that my affirmations were pointless. then, all of a sudden, i heard this very peaceful, group of voices come into my head speaking a completely different language. this voice, although i could not understand any of it, put such a sense of peace and love through my body that i knew that it was telling me to ignore the other voice and that i am protected. this is just an example of some of the experiences i've had.

sometimes i hear actual voices and other times it's telepathic and i only hear them or perceive them in my head. anyways, i hope this helps clear up some things. my episodes were at its worst when i was just starting on my spiritual path. especially having come from a dark place of gangs and drugs, there were definitely entities attached to me that did not want me to awaken. they are all gone now. good luck, love and light!
Old 18-07-2019, 12:20 AM
Pathfinder

not quite sure about what you're going through; that sounds far worse/better than mine. i am also a musician, and i can tell the difference between quality of different sounds. these whispers where blending in with the character of the room itself (an example would be a large hall would sound different than a smaller room)

in other words, whatever was whispering had its presence in the same room i was in. I dont meditate for the sole purpose of telling myself those thing you tell yourself, since I say that stuff to myself naturally anyway. I just meditate to clear my head:

this experience however, couldnt not have been linked to drugs at this time. im not sure exactly, but whatever was speaking was not in my head, because my physical ears could hear it
Old 31-07-2019, 02:01 AM
Pathfinder

I had sleep paralysis too. ,its scary, u try &move &u can't. or talk I've wondered what causes that? I've read on other forums alotta ppl hav them ,i read some ppl see weird gigures standing over them what causes them ,I've heard its between when ur awake &sleep so u won't act out ur dreams ,but i admit its freaky. i hadn't had one in a while but what I've done is wiggle my toe or fingers to get awake. its weird
Old 31-07-2019, 11:49 PM
Newbie ;)

Only once in my life suffered from paralysis - turns out it was some herbs I took. Valerian Root if i'm not mistaken.
Old 31-07-2019, 11:50 PM
Guide

I used to have a lot of sleep paralysis situations – a LOT.

Sure – the mind can freak out about them and think they are psychic attacks, demons, negative energies - what have you.

But in my case – they never were. They were just people I know at a loose end in their lives and so, subconsciously seeking answers through their restless dreams they were somehow drawn to me.
Or alternatively they were people whom I had just met, who had felt attracted or curious about me, who would then arrive at night in their astral form to check me out.
Every time this happened – I would wake up in sleep paralysis to 'see' them.
(And when they move, they can sometimes turn into 'smoke', that is just ordinary – nothing demonic).

Chak117 & jason change
I would imagine musicians would get a lot of astral visitors – people who are drawn to your presence.
Part and parcel of being in the public eye or otherwise dealing with a lot of people.

So, my advice is to learn about the phenomena properly before making any mental conclusions about them and then learn to deal with them.

I must admit, I always freaked out and then force woke myself up - when they came right to my face - until I did it myself.
Staying overnight at a friend of a friend’s house – that night, in the astral form I ended up right above my host’s face – and did he freak out in a sleep paralysis!
It wasn’t even my intention, it was just that the host’s openness drew me in subconsciously to investigate it.

Also in sleep paralysis if you don’t see anybody, but feel weight on your mattress as if an invisible somebody was sitting on your bed – it is likely to be your own sleeping body’s weight you are sensing and this is freaking you out.

If sleep paralysis bothers you too much – try sleeping on your stomach.

Old 02-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Guide

Sleep paralysis P.S.

If whilst in sleep paralysis you feel strong wind around you or if you feel like an ‘invisible someone’ is pulling your arms, legs or feet ….. that is JUST your own astral body about to detach.
All normal – NOTHING TO FREAK OUT ABOUT.

I only once felt a presence of a dark shadowy character, who however stayed outside my bedroom door and did not come in uninvited.

I guess my ‘proof’ about the astral presences seen in sleep paralysis state came, when for example … I woke up in sleep paralysis (in etheric body?) and a person I had never met in my life was in the room walking up and down my partner’s side of the bed, really checking my partner out, who would just sleep through it all.

In the morning I described the astral visitor in detail to my partner and that evening – going out –I spotted the night visitor in the crowd.
Turned out my partner and the visitor had met the previous day, and it was obvious how attracted this previous night’s astral visitor was to my partner, hence the strong astral pull.

There are so many scary stories on the net about sleep paralysis, but from my experience they are mostly *B-S* - making everything that frightens the mind – a demon i.e. demonizing the astral presence and totally freaking out before one even dares to take a proper look who the visitor actually is.

Old 02-08-2019, 03:24 AM
Experiencer

Sentient, what you said about our astral bodies traveling at night even when our minds are curious about someone we can visit them in astral form in our sleep...this has me thinking why I have so many "dreams" about my ex, even though it's been 9 years since we parted. The dreams I have of him seem to progress like a story, and he is nothing like how he was in real life, a completely different personality and feeling. These dreams happen so often I've often wondered if he "dreams" of me too or if we travel together in the astral?

Sorry if this is off topic but you sound like you know a lot on this subject.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:19 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Sentient, what you said about our astral bodies traveling at night even when our minds are curious about someone we can visit them in astral form in our sleep...this has me thinking why I have so many "dreams" about my ex, even though it's been 9 years since we parted. The dreams I have of him seem to progress like a story, and he is nothing like how he was in real life, a completely different personality and feeling. These dreams happen so often I've often wondered if he "dreams" of me too or if we travel together in the astral?

Sorry if this is off topic but you sound like you know a lot on this subject.
Lucky, I really do not know what to tell you.
I am familiar with sleep paralysis, but do not know all that much about the complex world of dreams, except that if you are still missing your ex, thinking about him - especially before you go to sleep - then you are likely to have dreams about him.

Sounds like you haven’t as yet found your closure after the breakup and your dreams reflect that.