Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna*
How does suggestion in trance work, how can listening to hypnosis tapes in trance go in and re-program your mind to make things better?
Luna, I am a trained but non-practising hypnotist of the "serious" (not stage) kind. I suggest that you Google "critical factor" and read some of the webpages which explain about it.

I don't have the time right now to explain it all to you, but basically the hypnotist will seek to relax (or in more dramatic cases surprise or shock) a client into a state of trance, where the sub-conscious is accessible to suggestion. The normal conscious mind is much more resistant and stubborn. But the sub-conscious is open and trusting, especially if the hypnotist and client have a good relationship.

I don't practise, but I do occasionally help family and neighbours if they ask for help. For me, hypnosis is a blessing, but one to be treated as a tool to help others, not a game.

Because the subconscious is easily influenced, suggestions must be properly put and positive in nature. Hence please exercise caution when using YouTube videos. Check reviews, check the hypnotist who put the video there, check the words on the video fully conscious before "trusting" it.

I would imagine that 95% or so of such videos would be great and helpful. But there are some weird people about, so don't throw caution to the wind.

I hope that this reply helps you.