Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 26-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
I enjoy cloudy/overcast conditions....

Me too! In fact it's very cloudy/overcast in my part of the woods today...Heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Not a big fan of rain because I don't like to be wet (unless I'm in the shower haha)

Haha, me too...This is why I enjoy watching it from covered shelter...

I love the sound of gentle rainfall, and the smell is cooling and refreshing...I don't do well if it rains constantly, such as when I lived in WA state...I never did get use to all the rain but I enjoyed the mountain/forested terrain while I was living there...
Old 26-04-2016, 09:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
I feel the same way. Music just sounds better too, jazz, oldies and ballads always hit the spot. it's raining lovely here in the Midwest today. Lots of storms last night

Nice Picture by the way, Zulabelle.

Thanks!

It's true, music sounds so much better! Especially jazz and oldies. (Ella Fitzgerald, John Coltrane, Nina Simone, or melancholy 1950s doo-wop)
I'm partial to Rainymood.com when you need something to complement that sort of music without the luxury of an actual rainstorm

Stormy weather is also the perfect opportunity for watching old movies on TCM or Twilight Zone reruns.
Old 20-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I love rain. The sound of it, the sensation of the drops coming into contact with my skin,
the smell of moist ground around me. Rain to me feels cleansing and it has a very
calming effect on me.

I don't mind the wetness
Old 20-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Super Moderator
runewizard, this is nice to 'meet' someone who loves the rain. I need to be near you when it rains! haha That would cheer me up.
I think I don't like rain because in England it can sometimes go on for too long and the skies get so dark with hardly a glimpse of daylight some days....and it can go on for weeks at times.
But a few times I have seen the loveliest rain. Like millions of tiny crystals coming from the sky. Lit up with sunlight. That is so beautiful.
Thunder storms are good too.
Old 21-07-2016, 12:12 AM
Administrator
Well what a question , I HATE RAIN with a vengance i would be happy if i never saw rain again, here in the uk it does nothing but rain especially in wales where you get one nice day 6 horrid ones,when i was a kid we had 4 seasons now we get 4 seasons in one day.its just beyond me how anyone could even like the horrid wet stuff, ive always said since 2 years old i was born and living in the wrong country.

Namaste
Old 21-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Master
I live in NYS and people often ask how I can stand it. I love the changing seasons. I love them all. As for do I love the rain, yes. Can't live without the rain, the trees and grass and other plants would simply die without it as would we without rain. I especially love rain in October. It could rain every day in October and it would not bother me .

Currently, people carry on about the fantastic weather we've been having. I just want it to rain. Nice days are nice, but so is a good rainy day with a steady rain. I'm not asking for floods but steady rains so the ground and what grows can drink it in.

Storms are fascinating too. I enjoy a good snowstorm or thunderstorm but not when people lose homes or lives.

All that said, I can certainly understand how those who live in areas that rain all the time would not like it so much. It can get depressing!
Old 21-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Seeker

yes I really love rain the sound, the look of the sky,the aesthetic,its very beautiful and serene,however the only thing that bothers me about rain just a little bit is the smell afterwards
Old 21-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Thunder storms are good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Storms are fascinating too. I enjoy a good snowstorm or thunderstorm but not when people lose homes or lives.

Storms, yes, I find them fascinating as well. Today it was rather rainy and
stormy where I live -- which is a great change to me, especially in light of the
fact that it's been so terribly hot here for the last few days...

I must admit that I'm not a fan of summer. I prefer autumn or spring
Old 21-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Master
Hi runewizard. I have to agree with you about summer. I love spring with the new growth, the fresh life is just breathtaking. The smells of blossoms...by the time summer comes, plant/tree life starts to stress (like now, it's terrible) I'm not a fan of hot and humid nor frigid -0 temps but I deal with them. Spring and fall are my favorites but summer and winter months make spring and falls that much more wonderful.

My dad and I used to sit outside on warm nights and watch 'heat lightning' as he would call it, soon a storm would come with the thunder and rain and winds. Totally fascinating watching the light show!
Old 22-07-2016, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
My favourite weather is that minus-something cold frosty weather with perhaps snow as well and blue skies in the day and thousands of icy stars at night. My body doesn't like it but my mind loves it so much. My feet go numb and my leg aches, but I love that weather!
Basically I do prefer it when it doesn't rain. I have to admit.