Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 AM
SixOfClubs

Learning Lessons

I am a firm believer in reincarnation and choosing the main lessons you are to learn in each lifepath before coming into physical reality to experience it.
I was not always sure of this, but with time, experience and observation of others it seems to be more likely true than not.
What I am wondering is if these lessons can be avoided by awareness of them.
For instance, I know I've been given challenges in order to learn patience and trust with both myself and others, and this seems to be one of the main themes in this lifetime. Am I destined to face unexpected circumstances forcing me to "wait it out" or "trust the universe" throughout this entire lifetime? Or does my being aware of this make any difference?
Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 AM
glenos

Hi Six -- I liken it to being on a main highway, our main reason for being here and learning our lifes lesson. The central core. All of the little side roads, those millions of mini lessons add to the whole, and in their way are little add-ons that enhance the experience. Good or bad.
It's only after many years that I see what the main lesson was. I have been aware of it for a looong time and no, I couldn't get out of it. This particular facet has been ground down with such precision that now looking back I see why it needed to be so thorough. This is my "Spirit" after all so it couldn't be any other way. I understand that it has to be worked through and if you do your best in each and every "knock back" and smack in the chops then you've done your job. It may take as you know, many years to accomplish but we all get there eventually. I look at things so much differently now because I am more able, big enough, experienced enough to turn the bucket of **** that was the life experience that I chose into a bucket of sparkly water that I can offer those who need my help. My compassion dial has gone off of the scale, I can help others like never before and to me that's what it's all about. I dare say the little side roads have a few more surprises for me but now that I know what my goal was to score in I'm far more ready to do the right thing which isn't always the easiest thing. Though to gain mastery over it is the greatest thing. So in conclusion after a long ol' waffle, is to keep going and never forget as I'm sure you wont, that Spirit are always behind you and urging you on with great love and admiration for taking this incarnation on. Keep going buddy, we know it makes sense.

G

Last edited by glenos : 02-11-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Guide
Being aware of it makes a difference only because you don't make the foolish mistake of denying the lessons.

Imagine never being told that you need to learn to read. You might never find it useful and avoid it most of your life until you're old and realize you want to learn to read wishing that you had just learned to read in the first place. Knowing what lessons are necessary won't help you avoid them, but it will help you not to agonize over them and just get to it.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfClubs
I am a firm believer in reincarnation and choosing the main lessons you are to learn in each lifepath before coming into physical reality to experience it.
I was not always sure of this, but with time, experience and observation of others it seems to be more likely true than not.
For instance, I know I've been given challenges in order to learn patience and trust with both myself and others, and this seems to be one of the main themes in this lifetime.
Am I destined to face unexpected circumstances forcing me to "wait it out" or "trust the universe" throughout this entire lifetime?

Or does my being aware of this make any difference?
I feel the same about choosing our lifeplan before we come here.

Patience, trust are typical lessons, imo. They are pretty deep lessons not superficial.

1. No, I don't think you are destined to face unexpected circumstances for your entire life. Unless you're a glutten for misery...

2. And yes, being aware of this does make a difference.
If you aren't a glutten for misery.
You hold your growth in your own hands.

Do you want to have trial after trail not learning patience and trust?
Then learn them fast, really.
Try patience first - things will go much better from there.
With you exuding patience - people will be drawn to you - they will trust you - depend on you - confide in you.
You will become trustworthy yourself - thus, trusting others will come naturally.

Then, you can move on to the real reason why you incarnated!!
Good luck.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixOfClubs
For instance, I know I've been given challenges in order to learn patience and trust with both myself and others, and this seems to be one of the main themes in this lifetime. Am I destined to face unexpected circumstances forcing me to "wait it out" or "trust the universe" throughout this entire lifetime? Or does my being aware of this make any difference?

awareness may help you avoid the lessons...but maybe the lesson in that would be to understand the gift the lesson brings if you choose to actually experience it fully
Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
easy

Hi,Sixofclubs!
From experience, being aware helps to acelarate the learning... but also by using mindfulness, and putting into practice what we are aware of, stops the cycle of cause and effect :)
Do bear in mind that life loves to throw the unexpected once in a while... but once you learn your lesson, coping with it becomes second nature
Love and light

Last edited by easy : 02-11-2010 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
awareness may help you avoid the lessons...but maybe the lesson in that would be to understand the gift the lesson brings if you choose to actually experience it fully
Hi Heather,
I wish that were true - that awareness might have helped me avoid some lessons. Ha! (Looking back I'm laughing now at some of them.)

I did not like ANY of the lessons I was supposed to learn -let alone experience them fully-over and over and over until by the Grace of God alone I'm past them and can flow with most anything and am at peace.
(I notice these lessons don't pop up anymore either, because I overcame them! Checked off the list! YaY.)
But, I know what you were meaning.

I do think we mostly find here our lessons have to do with people, relationships ---how to be kind, not to be devastated by them, how to utimately put the other before us, to forgive them of their meanness and love them as God does and so forth.
(Then we have lessons on how to manifest things, etc...)

The lesson is a "gift" in that it brings me closer to peace - but, boy, I wish I hadn't had to "fully experience" the lesson to be honest.

A thread on lessons would fun, maybe.
Just a little tangent on my perspective on lessons.
Thank you,
Miss Hepburn

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy
Hi,Sixofclubs!
From experience, being aware helps to acelarate the learning... but also by using mindfulness, and putting into practice what we are aware of, stops the cycle of cause and effect :)
Do bear in mind that life loves to throw the unexpected once in a while... but once you learn your lesson, coping with it becomes second nature
Love and light
Hi easy,
I like that -"becomes second nature" - been there, done that.
Life throwing unexpected things---I was amazed that at 82 yrs old this couple that had raised 7 children in their home had it burn down in St. Paul, Minn.

I thought, "Come on, when does it END? You've got to be kidding me!"
But, obviously some lesson (or karma?) was in place.
You're right, anything can happen.

I'm thinking, I really am, that because I fully learned major lessons I will not have them thrown at me again.
I mean - if I am aware that all this is maya, dreamstuff - and it really doesn't matter that much (get it, matter) --I mean wealth, poverty, up, down ---if I'm 'focusing on the things above and not the things on the earth', Paul, Col 3:2--
I'm thinking the left field tosses will be down to a minimum.
I also believe that what I believe happens.
Ha!
Guess, I'll be testing out my belief for the rest of my life.
Miss Hepburn

Obviously, I have a big interest in "lessons"!!

Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Master
Hello SixOfClubs,

In my view, the only thing that would make a big difference, would be the choice to self empower your self. This process involves a particular kind of self love which involves your spiritual essence sometimes defined as the higher self and your subconscious.

Your life plan is guided by the higher self and brought into manifestation by the subconscious. You always choose how to involve these aspects of the Self. When you ignore them, as most of us do, your life plan follows the karma-tic imprints and implants establish prior to your incarnation. The choice to void karma and select mastership requires becoming involved with your spiritual essence in a co-creative manner.

I hope these insights are helpful.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello SixOfClubs,

In my view, the only thing that would make a big difference, would be the choice to self empower your self. This process involves a particular kind of self love which involves your spiritual essence sometimes defined as the higher self and your subconscious.

Your life plan is guided by the higher self and brought into manifestation by the subconscious. You always choose how to involve these aspects of the Self. When you ignore them, as most of us do, your life plan follows the karma-tic imprints and implants establish prior to your incarnation. The choice to void karma and select mastership requires becoming involved with your spiritual essence in a co-creative manner.

I hope these insights are helpful.

John
Well, they are helpful to me!
Miss Hepburn