Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 29-04-2011, 01:50 PM
themaster

Sleep

I would like to command sleep at certain times.. maybe that's a EGO way of doing it.. but yah.. that's what I'd like.. yet, I can't always get me to allow that..

So I was thinking of trying over the counter sleeping pills.. or talking with my teacher..

I know of only one thing that can make me drowsy.. "chocolate milk" (and turkey ) but that doesn't mean I sleep.. I just feel "drowsey"..

I know about counting sheep but that doesn't always work either!

I'm kinda interested to learn about any kinds of pills for sleep because I'm also probably gonna fly to china and I heard that the best way to fly is to take a "valium" or whatever.. and just be asleep during the flight (which sounds good actually)
Old 29-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Master
Just last night I remembered to take my B Complex drops in a small glass of water, and it works like a charm. Sometimes, melatonin can bring down the curtain pretty hard, I wake up feeling like wha happened.

Old 29-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
What if you really could command sleep but you find that your command was taken literally and you never wake up!
Better command a wake up time too!

I am reading this book called "stranger in a strange world" and the main character, who is an advanced human raised by martians, can will his own death.
It is an interesting book........you might like it.
James
Old 29-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Master
Isn't it stranger in a strange land by Rbt. Heinlein? I read that decades ago. I so loved sci fi when I was young...

Old 29-04-2011, 02:05 PM
themaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
What if you really could command sleep but you find that your command was taken literally and you never wake up!
Better command a wake up time too!
That's ego fear.. whiteshaman

Every time you go to sleep.. you basically die! Same thing.. we all really go to the same place by my understanding (if you don't wonder too much in lower plains)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I am reading this book called "stranger in a strange world" and the main character, who is an advanced human raised by martians, can will his own death.
It is an interesting book........you might like it.
James
I've read "stranger in a strange land" (maybe sequal/copycat?)

All deaths are choice.. as far, as I'm aware.. "whiteshaman"

So we all do that anyway!!

But I can certainly see.. if you don't know that.. how that would be fun/interesting to read about..
Old 29-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Isn't it stranger in a strange land by Rbt. Heinlein? I read that decades ago. I so loved sci fi when I was young...

Yes however i don't know what version you read because the first cut was released with some 70,000 words censored.
I don't really like his style but I am enjoying the story very much.
Old 29-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
That's ego fear.. whiteshaman

Every time you go to sleep.. you basically die! Same thing.. we all really go to the same place by my understanding (if you don't wonder too much in lower plains) I've read "stranger in a strange land" (maybe sequal/copycat?)

All deaths are choice.. as far, as I'm aware.. "whiteshaman"

So we all do that anyway!!

But I can certainly see.. if you don't know that.. how that would be fun/interesting to read about..

I was joking with ya. No need to play the "ego" card on me.....LOL

Chill out my friend............no enemies here............
Old 29-04-2011, 02:26 PM
Master
Actually, reading is the best sleeping pill ~ It's almost like magic, lol.

Btw, WS did you ever read CS Lewis' Space Trilogy, omg, I must've been ripe for them because they were so exciting to me, I couldn't put them down. I was early 20's...

Old 29-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Actually, reading is the best sleeping pill ~ It's almost like magic, lol.

Btw, WS did you ever read CS Lewis' Space Trilogy, omg, I must've been ripe for them because they were so exciting to me, I couldn't put them down. I was early 20's...

How curious that we both find reading to be a great way to e put to sleep and on this thread!
i swear that i cannot read 4 lines without getting sleepy!
I haven't read Space trilogy but I'll check it out.
This is my first sci-fi book. I love the concept and in fact, I read that this book caused a "hippie" type movement.............
Old 29-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Ascender

I read that it's good to jumble your thoughts while lying down with your eyes closed, so then you don't focus any one thing. A method of this is to imagine you're drawing the numbers 3 - 10 on a blackboard with some chalk. Take your time writing each number, at least 10 seconds or more. Hopefully, you'll fall asleep before the last number is drawn.