Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-10-2017, 12:41 PM
Master
yes i get it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 31-10-2017, 06:09 AM
Seeker

My Genes Made Me Do it! Homosexuality and the Scientific Evidence.
Old 31-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasannatrust
My Genes Made Me Do it! Homosexuality and the Scientific Evidence.
I'll bite... so what are you suggesting with this cryptic one-liner? :)
Old 31-10-2017, 02:50 PM
Master
i thng it is bad habist si in gens it is

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 31-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
This is an open forum so I can read everything you write. I think, based on that, I'm somewhat privy to your general mindset. :)

Well then you didn't read very deeply. The same science tells me the very opposite. Our bodes and our drives are incredibly complex while our minds are so simple, leaving us with the impression that we have more control than we actually do. There's no need to go much further with this discussion until you do some more digging among the books that I pointed to. Much of your opinions about the male and female differences seem to have emerged out of the 1960's when things were defined in emotional terms. Full of thoughts about ideals, and seriously lacking in usable "are as they are's". Humans are bound in such a way that hardly allows for extensive existential variables. Here's an old Buddhist saying that seems to be talking about your general approach: If you love the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion - Linji

I realize that you're a warm and loving person and are invested with all heart and soul. I'm just suggesting that you're missing a thing or two. :)

Hahaha thank you for the kind words BTW.

Just FYI...I don't think I'm missing what you think I'm missing
(ref to Princess Bride duly noted).

I love and know what you call "the sacred" and "the ordinary", mi amigo, with no distinction, because in fact they are one and the same. It is only we who make the distinctions, and who create the obstructions we face from these self-same distinctions.

As we walk our path, our discussions often change as we gain further illumination and clarity on this realisation. Most especially, we gain insight into the simultaneous occurrence of what we perhaps used to conceptually divide as elevation and grounding.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 31-10-2017, 06:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh, and one other thing. If you've ever lucid dreamed, or semi-lucidly dreamt then you should know not to take overly seriously the "real feeling" stories that emerge from our dreaming.. and then confuse those with past life experiences. I'm willing to bet that the vast, vast, vast majority of such "recollections" could be attributed to just such experiences. I study such dreams, because I've been doing both often for the last many years. This doesn't mean that past lives aren't a thing, but I'm quite confident that we wouldn't be able to relate in any way to such lives. Your quote above looks to me like you're projecting your current mindset onto the caricatures within such dreams. Of course, then, they wouldn't seem that different because they're an extension of your current self. Our dream lives are truly profound, they do stuff that seems "other" because they come from the unconscious, the real things of past lives would be uncomfortably different. Our current sense-oriented mind has no context for such other-life knowings.

OB, with all due respect, when it comes to this area, you can only speak for yourself and no more.

Likewise, I will ask you with all due courtesy to respect my right to my own incarnated experiences of individuated consciousness.
I will not debate the validity of your experiences regardless of how similar or different they may appear to my own, and nor will I engage in debating the validity my own with you.

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 31-10-2017, 08:51 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I'll bite... so what are you suggesting with this cryptic one-liner? :)
Maybe he/she just wanted you to bite
Old 02-11-2017, 02:21 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Lowe
Maybe he/she just wanted you to bite
I'm sure you're correct :) I was just curious. Sometimes a statement is just the tip of an iceberg, and this one was just odd enough that I suspected that the iceberg would be equally so. :)
Old 02-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

Likewise, I will ask you with all due courtesy to respect my right to my own incarnated experiences of individuated consciousness.
I will not debate the validity of your experiences regardless of how similar or different they may appear to my own, and nor will I engage in debating the validity my own with you.
I first have to share this with you.. Right now I'm bouncing back and forth between two entirely different mindsets. Yours, which is ethereal and r6's which is overtly concrete. You both have one thing in common. You are sure enough about your general, long-practiced orientations, that the idea of questioning your own inner world-view must be approached via customized and very specific standards.

So if you don't want to critically explore yours then I'll critically explore mine.

For the longest time I thought that I'd experienced specific events in my dreams that were tactile enough to assign the auspicious term "past life" to. This is not something that I do anymore. I deeply suspect that this process of past lives is far more complex than we realize.

When we approach another persons mindset we tend to use our own definition of things in order to bring a "feeling" of order to what it is we are viewing. But doing so is incredibly flawed. My focus in the last couple of years has been hovering around this very issue. Should we actively tap-into a past-life persona we'd likely encounter very similar complexities. We'll be taking our current mindset and overlaying it onto this other.

This propensity on our part needs to be factored-in.

Our "modern" mindset is quite different than those of our ancestors. We socialize differently, our sleep patterns are different., the foods that we eat, the way that we're housed and the belief structures we maintain are strikingly different that those who have come before us. So in order for us to ingest any of their inner experience we would have to seriously adjust our perceptions, we can't be "in" them and see as they do if we're bringing "ourselves" along as the primary means for perceiving.

So unless you engage in multiple visits, and align with their own means of perceiving, to the point that you forget who you are, then any such exposures would have to be compromised and only reflect the assumptions of our current experience. How could we possibly trust that?
Old 12-11-2017, 12:56 AM
Master
Organic, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on any of your opinions on this topic, with regard to your own experience. I've shared a bit on mine but that's all up to me.

Frankly, as I see it, it's not for you to say whether or not I am critically reviewing anything, simply because you don't know me and you are not the final arbiter of truth, lol. Mine or anyone else's.

With all due respect, I am under no means compelled to share on this forum in ways that you deem to be acceptable. I will decide for myself, and under what terms, I will discuss further. And you can do with that whatever you like. All the best to you, and l do sincerely mean that

Peace & blessings
7L

-- Rainer Maria Rilke